Ares

May 2016 I-129f Filers (merged)

1,534 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello and good luck to everyone!

I sent our I-129F petition on 05/24/2016.

It was only two days after I arrived back from the Philippines and visiting my now Fiance.

After everything was sent I was reading to her a copy of the letter I had written explaining how we met.

Well I made a mistake on the letter and got the year wrong.

Instead of 06/11/2015 I wrote 06/11/2016 for when we first met online. That date has not even occurred yet.

Dumb mistake I think because I was still jet lagged and so tired but excited to get the package sent as soon as possible and while I still had time.

Well I sent a letter explaining the mistake along with a corrected and signed letter with the correct year to the same address that I submitted the I-129F.

I am not sure if that will make a difference or if I will still get a RFE for that mistake but I am hoping for the best.

Hoping for the best and expecting the worst that way there are no let downs.

I will update here when/if we get our NOA1.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Did you get any news bsmoli?

I have not gotten anything :(:(:(

the agency said to wait its on its way. I'm like its 1 month already at least i need some sort of notification that they received it:(

i don't know what to do, they told me not to call uscis anymore because it will only delay the process more and not help... at this point i gave up:(:(

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I am a little late to the May filers, but I sent our application in last Thursday, May 26th (of course I would send it on a long weekend). Hope you all have a positive (and somewhat speedy) experience. Looking forward to updates from everyone!!

(F) K-1 Visa Journey :luv:

2016-5-26 Application mailed

2016-6-03 NOA1

2016-8-05 NOA2

2016-8-23 NVC Received

2016-9-01 Arrived at Consulate

2016-9-08 Medical

2106-9-21 Interview :dance: Approved!

2016-9-26 Visa Received

2017-10-11 POE :wub:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello and good luck to everyone!

I sent our I-129F petition on 05/24/2016.

It was only two days after I arrived back from the Philippines and visiting my now Fiance.

After everything was sent I was reading to her a copy of the letter I had written explaining how we met.

Well I made a mistake on the letter and got the year wrong.

Instead of 06/11/2015 I wrote 06/11/2016 for when we first met online. That date has not even occurred yet.

Dumb mistake I think because I was still jet lagged and so tired but excited to get the package sent as soon as possible and while I still had time.

Well I sent a letter explaining the mistake along with a corrected and signed letter with the correct year to the same address that I submitted the I-129F.

I am not sure if that will make a difference or if I will still get a RFE for that mistake but I am hoping for the best.

Hoping for the best and expecting the worst that way there are no let downs.

I will update here when/if we get our NOA1.

Good Luck. I think they will understand the year was written wrong especially the date didn't happen yet. But if they have any problems they will send you and RFE just have the new letter ready to go! Best of luck!!

I am a little late to the May filers, but I sent our application in last Thursday, May 26th (of course I would send it on a long weekend). Hope you all have a positive (and somewhat speedy) experience. Looking forward to updates from everyone!!

Congrats!! Good Luck!! I hope everything goes smooth and quickly for you!! =)

Edited by N and J

Timeline

I-129F sent on 05/24/2016.

Received USCIS Acceptance Confirmation email and text today on 05/31/2016.

And thank you for the kind words N and J!

Edited by xaniam

Timeline

I have some great news!!! Finally after 30 days I have received the I797C form....the receipt with my case number! Please can someone tell me whats the next step after this? Do I need to do anything? is it a long process for the next step!! your answers are greatly appreciated

Thank you!!!

Timeline

I have some great news!!! Finally after 30 days I have received the I797C form....the receipt with my case number! Please can someone tell me whats the next step after this? Do I need to do anything? is it a long process for the next step!! your answers are greatly appreciated

Thank you!!!

what you received was simply the notification that they have accepted your case for processing and now you wait at least 60-90 days for them to look at it and make a decision as to whether to approve or request additional information.

Best thing to do now is go to the USCIS website and create an account and add your WAC number to it. Once that is done, set it up to notify you via email and/or text so that when they do update it you can be notified rather than checking daily.

Most people get the Case Tracker app from USCIS and use that to see status of case as well as being able to search other cases to get an idea of what they are working on.

This is the waiting period that nobody has control over. Sit back and find something to occupy your time for at least two months.

Good luck

Gary

Timeline

Thank you!!!

Congrats bsmoli!! Now you can relax for a little while. Now....they will do the vetting process at the California Service Center. They will do most of the background checks, they will check and make sure everything is signed correctly, all the papers are correct, they will make sure everything that is supposed to be in the application is there...and then in a few months maybe shorter....your case will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) there I believe after 2 weeks you will be able to call and get your new case number so you can start tracking your case from there. After the NVC it starts to go pretty fast =) You don't need to do anything right now unless you get something asking for more info. It would be an RFE. But don't worry about that because not everyone gets one. But that would be the only other action you would need to take from here on out. The process at the California Service Center according to the USCIS website says 5 month wait. BUT that does not mean it will be 5 months. Many people get their NOA2 which means your case was approved and being sent to NVC 2 or 3 months after their NOA1. Good luck on the rest of your journey!! Glad you got an answer!! woohoo!!

Hi :) Good for you!!! Yes, you are very lucky. Did you mail yours to Dallas, Tx?

DeniJ any word today?? Check cashed? Anything?

Timeline

Hey all I had to change my name. I have to post or else I cen't send messages and I also want to follow the topic =) Good luck on the NOA1s and to everyone who will be getting NOA2s in a few weeks =)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Thank you!!!

Congrats !!! what a releif to know they have it now .. right ??

Congrats bsmoli!! Now you can relax for a little while. Now....they will do the vetting process at the California Service Center. They will do most of the background checks, they will check and make sure everything is signed correctly, all the papers are correct, they will make sure everything that is supposed to be in the application is there...and then in a few months maybe shorter....your case will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) there I believe after 2 weeks you will be able to call and get your new case number so you can start tracking your case from there. After the NVC it starts to go pretty fast =) You don't need to do anything right now unless you get something asking for more info. It would be an RFE. But don't worry about that because not everyone gets one. But that would be the only other action you would need to take from here on out. The process at the California Service Center according to the USCIS website says 5 month wait. BUT that does not mean it will be 5 months. Many people get their NOA2 which means your case was approved and being sent to NVC 2 or 3 months after their NOA1. Good luck on the rest of your journey!! Glad you got an answer!! woohoo!!

DeniJ any word today?? Check cashed? Anything?

ohh yes N&J you are right ...now just relax ad find something to keep you busy for 3 months or so !!! keep checking for updates or RFE ... and most important get ready for the next step !!! setup the Interview package like the I-134 form and all the related necessary documents and research how things are handled at your fiancé embassy !!

Congratulation to everyone !!!

Welcome to the waiting room !! hope everything go smooth and fast to all of us !!

Hey all I had to change my name. I have to post or else I cen't send messages and I also want to follow the topic =) Good luck on the NOA1s and to everyone who will be getting NOA2s in a few weeks =)

you confused .. it took me a while to figured it was you !!

K-1 Visa:

05/12/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
05/19/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to California Center (WAC) ==== NOA1 Date 05/18/2016
07/20/2016 -- NOA2 email from USCIS case Status and USCIS App ===== Case approved in 63 Days
08/03/2016 -- NVC Case # and Invoice ID Assigned
08/15/2016 -- Packet 3 Received (email)

09/19/2016 -- Finally the embassy open interview date after long wait ... 35 Days (interview scheduled for Oct 10)

10/05/2016 -- Medical done. but no sealed envelope given.

10/10/2016 -- Interview day 1 ( pay the fee, deliver paperwork, finger printed ... and told to comeback tomorrow to be interviewed by a CO )

10/11/2016 -- Interview day 2 ( AP with g221 for missing medical )

10/19/2016 -- VISA ISSUED

10/23/2016 -- VISA in hand 

AOS:

Spoiler

12/22/2016 -- POE

12/30/2016 -- Marriage

01/14/2017 -- AOS mailed to Chicago, IL

01/25/2017 -- 3 NOA1 emails and texts (I-485 / I-765 / I-131), case routed to MSC

02/06/2017 -- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received in mail, Appointment Feb 13, 2017

04/20/2017 -- EAD (only) Approval text & email notification (day 96 since case filled, 93 since received, 86 since NOA1)

04/28/2017 -- EAD /AP combo card in hand

09/01/2017 -- AOS Approval text & email notification (day 230 since case filled, 227 since received, 220 since NOA1) Approved in 7.5 Month, Interview waived

09/09/2017 -- Green card in hand

ROC:

Spoiler

06/08/2019 -- ROC mailed to Dallas, TX

06/13/2019 -- NOA text , case routed to EAC

07/06/2019 -- BIO Apt Received for July 17. Notice date 06/28/2019

07/17/2019 -- Biometrics Done

05/19/2020 -- ROC Approval text & email notification (11 Months since NOA1)

05/27/2020 -- Card Received

N400:

Spoiler

05/18/2023 -- Online file 

05/18/2023 -- Case in Active Review, Biometrics Waived (notice of Reuse)

07/19/2023 --  Notice for Interview Schedule on August 26, 2023

08/26/2023 --  Interview approved, oath ceremony scheduled on August 29, 2023

08/29/2023 --  Oath Ceremony completed .... US citizen !!

Timeline

Thank you so much redone1!!! finally I am in a relax mood, this will go on for couple of weeks until i hear something back from them. lol. Good luck to you and to all!!!!

Mailed packet May 16th and got the email/text notification May 26th!

Just an update :-)

May 16: Mailed Packet

May 26: Received email/text notification

May 31: Received paper confirmation

Also wanted to say that Visajourney.com has been a lifesaver and made the process SO much more clear. Now we for the waiting game! :dancing:

Timeline

ohh yes N&J you are right ...now just relax ad find something to keep you busy for 3 months or so !!! keep checking for updates or RFE ... and most important get ready for the next step !!! setup the Interview package like the I-134 form and all the related necessary documents and research how things are handled at your fiancé embassy !!

Congratulation to everyone !!!

Welcome to the waiting room !! hope everything go smooth and fast to all of us !!

you confused .. it took me a while to figured it was you !!

lol =P lol I'm hiding lol but thanks for the welcome I feel loved =)

Hey Guys,

I am wondering if you guys know how to check the case status. I keep hearing people using the app and checking other cases before them. However, when I check I usually various types of receipts (such as I-130 or other applications) not necessarily I-129F. Am I checking wrong? How do you guys check? I feel so stressed out thinking that there is now a huge backlog in the CSC office. I am seen people in other forums with 95+ days. I feel my initial estimation is totally off looking at this numbers... What you guys think?

ROC Journey:

02/06/19....90-day window open

02/06/19....ROC Package mailed to Lewisville Lockbox

02/07/19...Received at Lewisville Lockbox

02/11/19...NOA1 Text & E-mail. (18-months extension)

02/13/19...Credit Card Charged

XX/XX/XX ....(Possible/Optional) I-551 stamp on passport for a 1-year extension

XX/XX/XX...Biometrics notice received - appointment date for (XX/XX/XX) - (Possible/Optional) Early Walk-in date XX/XX/XX

XX/XX/XX ....(Possible/Optional) Interview

XX/XX/XX....I-751 (XX days from NOA1) APPROVED

XX/XX/XX…Card ordered - Card mailed date XX/XX/XX

XX/XX/XX...Approve notice received

AOS Journey:

11/04/16....Marriage

11/30/16....AOS Combo Package mailed to Chicago Lockbox

12/01/16....Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

12/13/16....Check cleared

12/14/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail.

01/03/17....Biometrics notice received - appointment date for (01/13/17) - Early Walk-in date 01/05/17

03/03/17....I-765 and I-131 (79 days from NOA1) APPROVED

03/09/17....Combo card ordered - Card mailed date 03/11/17

05/06/17....Approve notice received

K1 Visa Journey:

05/04/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

05/05/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

05/09/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC

05/10/16....Check cleared

07/14/16....NOA2 - USCIS website checked (66 days from NOA1)

07/25/16....Arrived at NVC

08/01/16....NVC Case # and Invoice ID assigned

08/10/16....Arrived at Consulate

08/11/16....Packet 3 (Email)

08/12/16....DS-160 and appointment schedule and Visa fee paid

08/30/16....Medical Appointment at Dr. Jolly's

08/31/16....Visa Interview - Paris (115 days from NOA1) APPROVED

09/01/16....CEAC: Ready

09/09/16....CEAC: AP Visa

09/14/16....CEAC: Visa Issued

09/21/16....CEAC: Visa Delivered

09/22/16....MIA POE (137 days from NOA1)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.