Ares

May 2016 I-129f Filers (merged)

1,534 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I called USCIS today (no help) and asked them if they could tell me if the application was received since I have not received any kind of notification. I said my check has not been cashed, I never was notified and well at this point I don't even know if the lockbox picked up my application.

The guy said "You have to wait the 30 days before we can take action. The Notice of Actions are automatically generated and go out within 30 days. If you do not receive anything by June 6th you can call back and we will take further action."

So I asked since I may get married there this summer "If by chance my application is not found can I write a letter and stop payment on the check and withdraw my application?"

The guy says to me "Oh no, if you are going to withdraw you need the receipt number and an USCIS officer would be able to help you with that information once you receive the receipt number.

I respond "so you are telling me if they cannot find my case I can never withdraw that application? He said yes mama you need that number. WHAT?!?!?!?

I don't know if I should cry or get mad. ####### do I do if they can't find it? I will have 18 days from June 6th to figure everything out before I leave until the middle of August. Ugh so I have no choice but to wait 2 more weeks. =(

If you used a personal check and you want to cancel the application, you may want to alert your bank and put a block on the check so it does not get cashed.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you used a personal check and you want to cancel the application, you may want to alert your bank and put a block on the check so it does not get cashed.

I asked the service center rep about that....About stopping payment on my check. He told me if I do that and they find the application at any point then they will charge me for that application. I feel stuck. So if it is not found for 20 years and all of a sudden they find it and start processing it they are going to send me a bill for the first application? I don't know what to do.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hey :) I just notice something on USCIS web page. It`s about this form https://www.uscis.gov/g-1145.
If you click on the Special instructions, it says "This service is only available for forms filed at our three Lockbox facilities located in Lewisville, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; and Phoenix, Arizona." I filed it to Dallas, Tx.. so I guess i should not wait on an e-mail?? Can`t believe I just saw this...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hey :) I just notice something on USCIS web page. It`s about this form https://www.uscis.gov/g-1145.

If you click on the Special instructions, it says "This service is only available for forms filed at our three Lockbox facilities located in Lewisville, Texas; Chicago, Illinois; and Phoenix, Arizona." I filed it to Dallas, Tx.. so I guess i should not wait on an e-mail?? Can`t believe I just saw this...

You're fine if you used the address in the directions. The Dallas PO Box is the "Lewisville dropbox".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Has anyone gotten the email notification but not the hard copy letter yet? I mailed everything on the 10th, got my email on the 13th, and no letter yet. I'm seeing other people who mailed around the same time I did have already gotten letters. I'm a worrier, so this process is going to drive me up the wall.

Has anyone gotten the email notification but not the hard copy letter yet? I mailed everything on the 10th, got my email on the 13th, and no letter yet. I'm seeing other people who mailed around the same time I did have already gotten letters. I'm a worrier, so this process is going to drive me up the wall.

Ive seen people say they never got the hard copy. I got the email and text on april 29th. I didnt get hard copy until 10 days later. And it was dated the 4th of may.

Timeline

05/18/16 I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

05/20/16 Delivered at Lewisville, TX

how long get txt or email ?

Hello. For me it has been a week now since the petition was deliveried and still no e-mail or text.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I am very very worried. I applied for my fiance i129F on May 2nd with a 3rd party agency. I called USCIS last week and this week and they still havent received my application. They tried to look me up by my name and there wasnt anything in the system. Its been 3 weeks exactly and I dont know were my application is i do NOT have a case/receipt number. Every time i call uscis they tell me there isnt anything in the system. Please, help what do I do, I am going crazy. I am seeing other applicants who applied in may and heard something within days... My case is going on for 3 weeks and no notifications nor nothing. HELP!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I am very very worried. I applied for my fiance i129F on May 2nd with a 3rd party agency. I called USCIS last week and this week and they still havent received my application. They tried to look me up by my name and there wasnt anything in the system. Its been 3 weeks exactly and I dont know were my application is i do NOT have a case/receipt number. Every time i call uscis they tell me there isnt anything in the system. Please, help what do I do, I am going crazy. I am seeing other applicants who applied in may and heard something within days... My case is going on for 3 weeks and no notifications nor nothing. HELP!!!!!

What you mean by applying with a 3rd party agency ?? a lawyer or an immigration firm ?? try to check with them and if they used the G-1145 for text and email notification .. other then that there is a member in the same situation they called and they been told to wait for 30 days to call again and see where the application went !!

hope everyone hear good news soon !

K-1 Visa:

05/12/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
05/19/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to California Center (WAC) ==== NOA1 Date 05/18/2016
07/20/2016 -- NOA2 email from USCIS case Status and USCIS App ===== Case approved in 63 Days
08/03/2016 -- NVC Case # and Invoice ID Assigned
08/15/2016 -- Packet 3 Received (email)

09/19/2016 -- Finally the embassy open interview date after long wait ... 35 Days (interview scheduled for Oct 10)

10/05/2016 -- Medical done. but no sealed envelope given.

10/10/2016 -- Interview day 1 ( pay the fee, deliver paperwork, finger printed ... and told to comeback tomorrow to be interviewed by a CO )

10/11/2016 -- Interview day 2 ( AP with g221 for missing medical )

10/19/2016 -- VISA ISSUED

10/23/2016 -- VISA in hand 

AOS:

Spoiler

12/22/2016 -- POE

12/30/2016 -- Marriage

01/14/2017 -- AOS mailed to Chicago, IL

01/25/2017 -- 3 NOA1 emails and texts (I-485 / I-765 / I-131), case routed to MSC

02/06/2017 -- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received in mail, Appointment Feb 13, 2017

04/20/2017 -- EAD (only) Approval text & email notification (day 96 since case filled, 93 since received, 86 since NOA1)

04/28/2017 -- EAD /AP combo card in hand

09/01/2017 -- AOS Approval text & email notification (day 230 since case filled, 227 since received, 220 since NOA1) Approved in 7.5 Month, Interview waived

09/09/2017 -- Green card in hand

ROC:

Spoiler

06/08/2019 -- ROC mailed to Dallas, TX

06/13/2019 -- NOA text , case routed to EAC

07/06/2019 -- BIO Apt Received for July 17. Notice date 06/28/2019

07/17/2019 -- Biometrics Done

05/19/2020 -- ROC Approval text & email notification (11 Months since NOA1)

05/27/2020 -- Card Received

N400:

Spoiler

05/18/2023 -- Online file 

05/18/2023 -- Case in Active Review, Biometrics Waived (notice of Reuse)

07/19/2023 --  Notice for Interview Schedule on August 26, 2023

08/26/2023 --  Interview approved, oath ceremony scheduled on August 29, 2023

08/29/2023 --  Oath Ceremony completed .... US citizen !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

What you mean by applying with a 3rd party agency ?? a lawyer or an immigration firm ?? try to check with them and if they used the G-1145 for text and email notification .. other then that there is a member in the same situation they called and they been told to wait for 30 days to call again and see where the application went !!

hope everyone hear good news soon !

It was with an immigration here in michigan. I called them as well and they told me lets wait until the end of the week and we will see whats going on. I am inpatient and i cant wait thats why I called the USCIS today and they told me theres nothing in the system.. I am freaking out. I do NOT have any case # or nothing to follow up. Wouldnt the 3rd party agency have a case number?? or is that generated from the uscis?? Help? what do i do?/ Thank you

Timeline

It was with an immigration here in michigan. I called them as well and they told me lets wait until the end of the week and we will see whats going on. I am inpatient and i cant wait thats why I called the USCIS today and they told me theres nothing in the system.. I am freaking out. I do NOT have any case # or nothing to follow up. Wouldnt the 3rd party agency have a case number?? or is that generated from the uscis?? Help? what do i do?/ Thank you

Wow.. i dont know what USCIS is doing like seriously so many people in this situation! I think the case number is only from USCIS. Maybe double check the address with the 3rd party. Otherwise just wait.. i am waiting as well! It`s so hard and I am super worried..

I really hope they figure it out soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.