Ares

May 2016 I-129f Filers (merged)

1,534 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Not sure what thread I belong in tbh.

Sent in the K1 early-mid march, it was received on March 24, and then we finally got our NOA1 a month and a half later on May 9th after calling them 3 or 4 times to follow up. I know we're not April filers, but I have no idea whether we're march or may.

welcome with us !!

a month and half to get NOA1 !! Wow wow !!

that is the longest wait so far !!

K-1 Visa:

05/12/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
05/19/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to California Center (WAC) ==== NOA1 Date 05/18/2016
07/20/2016 -- NOA2 email from USCIS case Status and USCIS App ===== Case approved in 63 Days
08/03/2016 -- NVC Case # and Invoice ID Assigned
08/15/2016 -- Packet 3 Received (email)

09/19/2016 -- Finally the embassy open interview date after long wait ... 35 Days (interview scheduled for Oct 10)

10/05/2016 -- Medical done. but no sealed envelope given.

10/10/2016 -- Interview day 1 ( pay the fee, deliver paperwork, finger printed ... and told to comeback tomorrow to be interviewed by a CO )

10/11/2016 -- Interview day 2 ( AP with g221 for missing medical )

10/19/2016 -- VISA ISSUED

10/23/2016 -- VISA in hand 

AOS:

Spoiler

12/22/2016 -- POE

12/30/2016 -- Marriage

01/14/2017 -- AOS mailed to Chicago, IL

01/25/2017 -- 3 NOA1 emails and texts (I-485 / I-765 / I-131), case routed to MSC

02/06/2017 -- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received in mail, Appointment Feb 13, 2017

04/20/2017 -- EAD (only) Approval text & email notification (day 96 since case filled, 93 since received, 86 since NOA1)

04/28/2017 -- EAD /AP combo card in hand

09/01/2017 -- AOS Approval text & email notification (day 230 since case filled, 227 since received, 220 since NOA1) Approved in 7.5 Month, Interview waived

09/09/2017 -- Green card in hand

ROC:

Spoiler

06/08/2019 -- ROC mailed to Dallas, TX

06/13/2019 -- NOA text , case routed to EAC

07/06/2019 -- BIO Apt Received for July 17. Notice date 06/28/2019

07/17/2019 -- Biometrics Done

05/19/2020 -- ROC Approval text & email notification (11 Months since NOA1)

05/27/2020 -- Card Received

N400:

Spoiler

05/18/2023 -- Online file 

05/18/2023 -- Case in Active Review, Biometrics Waived (notice of Reuse)

07/19/2023 --  Notice for Interview Schedule on August 26, 2023

08/26/2023 --  Interview approved, oath ceremony scheduled on August 29, 2023

08/29/2023 --  Oath Ceremony completed .... US citizen !!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone! I need your advice. Our petition got delivered May 16th and since then we haven`t heard anything from them, no emails or cashed check.

We called them yesterday and since all the agents were busy, they told us they will call us in 50min. Guess what.. nobody ever called. So I am wondering if i should keep calling and calling til I talk to someone! I don`t want to be annoying, i just want to make sure they have our petition. We also sent an email to the lockbox but nobody answered...

If it was delivered on the 16th, figure they got it on the 17th. Mine was delivered on the 9th and the NOA1 says they received it on the 10th. When I called they told me you have to wait the full 30 days to call before they can take action into looking further into the application. You are in the same boat as bsmoli and I. I got my notification exactly 20 days from when it was sent. and 17 days from when it was received. I would as you should be getting the NOA1 soon. You can keep calling maybe you will get someone willing to help you. The guy I got was not so helpful. When did you send the email to the lockbox? I sent one too and never heard back. I sent my email on the 19th.

Timeline

Not sure what thread I belong in tbh.

Sent in the K1 early-mid march, it was received on March 24, and then we finally got our NOA1 a month and a half later on May 9th after calling them 3 or 4 times to follow up. I know we're not April filers, but I have no idea whether we're march or may.

Welcome!! You can stay with us!! it's a pretty cool group of people =) everyone checks up on everyone so welcome to the May Filers family =P Plus your application seems to have hit the same snags with waiting like some of us in here. Glad you finally got your NOA1 after a month and a half. I was panicking and losing sleep after almost 3 weeks. I see some people from January and February are still waiting but I see a lot of people who got their NOA1s in march are getting their NOA2s...That's a great sign! Good luck!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Oh gosh, that must have been awful. I'm glad you finally got your NOA1, but I can imagine how frustrating that wait was. I'm not sure which group you'd be in either, but here's hoping your NOA2 comes soon!

Yeah we expected at least one thing to be horrendously delayed so we're hoping we just used up all our bad luck on the NOA1 lol.

The hilarious thing is that I can't even make a VJ timeline now, because it won't let you have a time difference of more than 4 weeks between the received date and the NOA1 date. Oh well, it'll turn out fine eventually.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

If it was delivered on the 16th, figure they got it on the 17th. Mine was delivered on the 9th and the NOA1 says they received it on the 10th. When I called they told me you have to wait the full 30 days to call before they can take action into looking further into the application. You are in the same boat as bsmoli and I. I got my notification exactly 20 days from when it was sent. and 17 days from when it was received. I would as you should be getting the NOA1 soon. You can keep calling maybe you will get someone willing to help you. The guy I got was not so helpful. When did you send the email to the lockbox? I sent one too and never heard back. I sent my email on the 19th.

Thank you girls!!! It means so much to me! I sent it last Friday. I don`t count the weekends, I honestly don`t think they would answer on a Sunday.

So we are about to call them again... i am scared haha :D I prefer waiting for the NOA2.. at least I know it is going somewhere!!!!

Timeline

Yeah we expected at least one thing to be horrendously delayed so we're hoping we just used up all our bad luck on the NOA1 lol.

The hilarious thing is that I can't even make a VJ timeline now, because it won't let you have a time difference of more than 4 weeks between the received date and the NOA1 date. Oh well, it'll turn out fine eventually.

LOL I was saying the same thing. I hope the long waits for the NOA1 takes place for extra long waits for the rest of the process. Wishful thinking on my part i guess lol=)

Timeline

Thank you girls!!! It means so much to me! I sent it last Friday. I don`t count the weekends, I honestly don`t think they would answer on a Sunday.

So we are about to call them again... i am scared haha :D I prefer waiting for the NOA2.. at least I know it is going somewhere!!!!

I agree. I am more at ease (by no means am I not impatient lol) for the NOA2 but at least I know it is not just lost in the mailroom or the janitor is reading my file. Don't be scared...I bet you get the NOA1 tomorrow or Tuesday the latest. Don't forget USCIS lost Monday this week and it was a holiday. I think we can probably count on people have taken vacation on Friday too. Many people take off that day as well. So I say tomorrow, Monday or Tuesday =)

Posting this just for a little extra info on what happens at each level our applications go through

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/K1_Process_V11.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I agree. I am more at ease (by no means am I not impatient lol) for the NOA2 but at least I know it is not just lost in the mailroom or the janitor is reading my file. Don't be scared...I bet you get the NOA1 tomorrow or Tuesday the latest. Don't forget USCIS lost Monday this week and it was a holiday. I think we can probably count on people have taken vacation on Friday too. Many people take off that day as well. So I say tomorrow, Monday or Tuesday =)

Posting this just for a little extra info on what happens at each level our applications go through

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/K1_Process_V11.pdf

We called yesterday and they took our information so we have an agent looking for our stuff and they would call us 3-5 days if not we need to call them again.

They gave us a confirmation number. That`s it so far. It`s nice to know someone is looking for it so hopefully any time soon we`ll have more news :)

Timeline

We called yesterday and they took our information so we have an agent looking for our stuff and they would call us 3-5 days if not we need to call them again.

They gave us a confirmation number. That`s it so far. It`s nice to know someone is looking for it so hopefully any time soon we`ll have more news :)

Good Luck!! I hope someone calls with some good news!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Got my NOA 1 May 5, waiting is no fun ? Looks like CSC is picking up again, let's all hope for a quick and easy process! ??

K1 VISA (L)

I-129F Sent: 5.2.16

NOA1: 5.5.16

No RFE :dancing:

NOA2: 7.21.16

Called NVC: 8.4.16

NVC Received: 8.3.16

NVC Case Number: 8.4.16

Medical: 8.12.16

Interview: 9.6.16

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't know if I should count myself as a May or June filer; sent our package May 25th, got our e-notification yesterday June 3rd that says the petition was accepted May 31st.

No email (they might not have been able to read my man's chicken scratches, lol) but they sent a text with the WAC number. It doesn't say anything about it being transferred to California but it sounds like some people's messages say that? When I put the number into the USCIS website it says:

"On May 31, 2016, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number (removed for privacy by me), and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by June 30, 2016, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Anything to worry about? I'm so excited this is moving! Also where it doesn't explicitly say anything about California (but we all know all cases are going there) should I update my Timeline with California or wait incase the process is changing again?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

Don't know if I should count myself as a May or June filer; sent our package May 25th, got our e-notification yesterday June 3rd that says the petition was accepted May 31st.

No email (they might not have been able to read my man's chicken scratches, lol) but they sent a text with the WAC number. It doesn't say anything about it being transferred to California but it sounds like some people's messages say that? When I put the number into the USCIS website it says:

"On May 31, 2016, we received your Form I-129F, Petition for Fiance(E), Receipt Number (removed for privacy by me), and sent you the receipt notice that describes how we will process your case. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your receipt notice by June 30, 2016, please call Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Anything to worry about? I'm so excited this is moving! Also where it doesn't explicitly say anything about California (but we all know all cases are going there) should I update my Timeline with California or wait incase the process is changing again?

Hey! I am in the same situation. Same NOA1 date and everything. The text and the website tracking didn't say anything about California, but the email did. That is the only place I could find information about the case being routed to California. If you didn't receive the email that is probably why you could not find that information. However, I am sure your case is being sent there. I don't think anything has changed. I am sure you are fine! It is so hard not to stress over all the details though! good luck :)

Edited by luvlace4

(F) K-1 Visa Journey :luv:

2016-5-26 Application mailed

2016-6-03 NOA1

2016-8-05 NOA2

2016-8-23 NVC Received

2016-9-01 Arrived at Consulate

2016-9-08 Medical

2106-9-21 Interview :dance: Approved!

2016-9-26 Visa Received

2017-10-11 POE :wub:

Im in the same boat as you. Except a month off. I sent at end of april. Got text notification april 29th. Received noa1 by mail may 5th with a date of may 3rd. So the people here told me I was a May filer. I did some more asking around in the facebook k1 pages and was told Im an April filer. Dont matter really since a couple days separating the months... But I chose to be an April filer anyways. Closer. Lol... Plus if I check the uscis website or the uscis app it tells me how many days I've been waiting. If I count back it puts me at April 29th. So thats another reason I went with April 29th.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Welcome to the familly .. your petition was accepted on May 31 so your NOA1 is May 31 .. you belong here with us (it will feel closer then June ..lol)

your number is WAC which means it is at California center ... that is the same wording we all got and nothing to worry about .. your file is there now in some shelfs waiting for it is turn to be processed ... go ahead update your timeline and welcome again !!

K-1 Visa:

05/12/2016 -- I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
05/19/2016 -- NOA1 email and text, case routed to California Center (WAC) ==== NOA1 Date 05/18/2016
07/20/2016 -- NOA2 email from USCIS case Status and USCIS App ===== Case approved in 63 Days
08/03/2016 -- NVC Case # and Invoice ID Assigned
08/15/2016 -- Packet 3 Received (email)

09/19/2016 -- Finally the embassy open interview date after long wait ... 35 Days (interview scheduled for Oct 10)

10/05/2016 -- Medical done. but no sealed envelope given.

10/10/2016 -- Interview day 1 ( pay the fee, deliver paperwork, finger printed ... and told to comeback tomorrow to be interviewed by a CO )

10/11/2016 -- Interview day 2 ( AP with g221 for missing medical )

10/19/2016 -- VISA ISSUED

10/23/2016 -- VISA in hand 

AOS:

Spoiler

12/22/2016 -- POE

12/30/2016 -- Marriage

01/14/2017 -- AOS mailed to Chicago, IL

01/25/2017 -- 3 NOA1 emails and texts (I-485 / I-765 / I-131), case routed to MSC

02/06/2017 -- Biometrics Appointment Notice Received in mail, Appointment Feb 13, 2017

04/20/2017 -- EAD (only) Approval text & email notification (day 96 since case filled, 93 since received, 86 since NOA1)

04/28/2017 -- EAD /AP combo card in hand

09/01/2017 -- AOS Approval text & email notification (day 230 since case filled, 227 since received, 220 since NOA1) Approved in 7.5 Month, Interview waived

09/09/2017 -- Green card in hand

ROC:

Spoiler

06/08/2019 -- ROC mailed to Dallas, TX

06/13/2019 -- NOA text , case routed to EAC

07/06/2019 -- BIO Apt Received for July 17. Notice date 06/28/2019

07/17/2019 -- Biometrics Done

05/19/2020 -- ROC Approval text & email notification (11 Months since NOA1)

05/27/2020 -- Card Received

N400:

Spoiler

05/18/2023 -- Online file 

05/18/2023 -- Case in Active Review, Biometrics Waived (notice of Reuse)

07/19/2023 --  Notice for Interview Schedule on August 26, 2023

08/26/2023 --  Interview approved, oath ceremony scheduled on August 29, 2023

08/29/2023 --  Oath Ceremony completed .... US citizen !!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.