awills729

Expedite Denied - What Can I do?

56 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She has a visa. Not sure why she did not get the child one at the same time?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Like Boiler mentioned earlier... All you can do at this point is either fly down to Jamaica and take care of your son in law, or find someone that can take him in while you try to bring him to the US (which might take a long time).

I believe this question has been answered and further speculation on why was there no better planning is futile.

:yes:Intelligence trumps muscle... Imagination trumps both! :yes:

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Cd. Juarez, Mexico
Met: January, 2006 :D
Marriage (if applicable): 2012-10-26 (L)
I-130 Sent : 2014-08-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-08-04

I-130 NOA2 : 2015-05-14

Shipped to DoS: 2015-05-22

Received at NVC: 2015-06-01

Case Created at NVC: 2015-06-10 (from Julian Date calculation)

AOS and IV Fee Invoiced: 2015-06-11
AOS and IV Fee Paid: Website down as of 06-15... Just waiting...
AOS and IV Fee Paid: 2015-07-05 CEAC site finally UP! :dancing:

AOS and Civil Docs received at NVC: 2015-10-13

NVC checklist for obsolete i864: 2015-11-25

Submit updated i864: ?????? when my lawyer desires... :clock:
Submit updated i864: Did NOT wait for lawywer. Did it myself 2015-12-10
NVC received reply to checklist i864: 2015-12-10 (yes.. same day O.O)

NVC case completed: 2016-01-07
NVC assigned interview date: 2016-01-23
Interview at CJS consulate: 2016-03-30

Visa "Issued": 2016-04-05
Entered the US: 2016-04-27

SSN Arrived: 2016-05-07 ... wow TEN days!

N-400

Filed Online: 2020-06-30

NOA: 2020-07-01

Biometrics Letter: 2021-04-08
Biometrics Appointment: 2021-05-03
Interview Scheduled/Cancelled: 2021-06-25 (never received online nor mail notification, just an email reply to tier 2 inquiry about status)

Interview ReScheduled: 2021-11-02

Interview Date: 2021-11-30

Oath ceremony Scheduled/Cancelled/Placed in Line: 2021-12-01
Oath: 2022-1-24 ... JOURNEY OVER! 😺

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

what you are proposing is to ask USCIS again for the same thing you asked before....why would they change their decision?

In addition, the kid could have taken advantage of theFTJ, but for whatever the reason(s), that did not happen....but that is NOT the fault nor the responsibility of USCIS...(in other words, poor planning is not someone else's problem)...

I was told there was no FTJ option for CR-1 ... and can we keep this without personal opinion? You say poor planning...but tell me, how is wanting to make a life and a home for your child before uprooting them and taking them to a new country called "poor planning" .. that's great planning! No one PLANS for family members to get sick. No one planned for my MILs family to get sick and need care until they pass.

1-130 Sent : 4/22/16

NOA 1: 4/25/16

RFE: 7/22/16

RFE reply: 9/26/16

NOA 2: 10/13/16

Sent to NVC: 10/28/16

NVC Receive: 11/4/16

Case # assinged: 11/15/16

OP only failed the first hurdle and did not get a chance to submit any evidence or anything. She maybe did not pick the right reason (humanitarian or loss of income could be used) or maybe she explained her situation poorly. Why not try again, with the help of a congressperson?

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I read it as it wasn't... Wonder why though

Yes, immigration knows he has a son that will be joining us. They have known all along of course

Timeline

OP only failed the first hurdle and did not get a chance to submit any evidence or anything. She maybe did not pick the right reason (humanitarian or loss of income could be used) or maybe she explained her situation poorly. Why not try again, with the help of a congressperson?

Let us assume that they did get an expedite, this will not deal with the current issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Wow, didn't know that this was all about opinion. Makes a person feel like they need to defend themselves sometimes. Since I guess I needed more detail for some...

Yes, my stepson was on my husbands paperwork, but we were told there was no FTJ option. We planned on my husband coming and THEN filing, after we had a home that suited all of us, as well as my husband having a job.

My MIL is adopted, her parents are elderly, in their 90s. Mother is DYING. Father is unable to care 100% for his wife 24/7 (he's old and declining health). MIL wants and needs to go help take care of her as well as be with both of them while her mother passes. Yes, she could be put in a facility to be cared for but the point is, she needs to be with her family. Who wouldn't understand this?

No, I dont know what kind of visa MIL has, or what stage it's at. I have enough on my plate not to worry about her situation. I just need to get my stepson here.

Her leaving to Canada will leave us with nowhere to live or a job if either of us go back to take care of my stepson. How does that help? And no, he doesn't have any other immediate family back home. Would you leave a 2 year old with friends in a country far from you? Come on..

Let us assume that they did get an expedite, this will not deal with the current issue.

why would this not deal with the issue? Then we would have some hope that MIL will be able to leave soon. If it's not expedited, we know MIL has to leave. We are family, we can't keep her from her parents.

Yes but it would be shorter, maybe stepmom could go or they could hire a nanny for a month or so.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I am trying to remember the fastest expedite case I have come cross, would not fit in this timeline.

I wasn't even given the opportunity. All I could find was to call and make the request. They just asked me a few questions, I had no chance to submit anything other than just the conversation I had with the rep

This happen to me. I applied for expedite based on financial reasons and was denied due to lack of evidence. I called back and made another pleading request also adding that my first request was denied due to lack of evidence but they had never requested one. 2 days later my second request was approved and my case was expedited.

I also had a friend who was denied for the same and when she called back they told her to email the evidence and she did later was also approved.

Keep Hassling!! Good Luck!

Timeline

This happen to me. I applied for expedite based on financial reasons and was denied due to lack of evidence. I called back and made another pleading request also adding that my first request was denied due to lack of evidence but they had never requested one. 2 days later my second request was approved and my case was expedited.

I also had a friend who was denied for the same and when she called back they told her to email the evidence and she did later was also approved.

Keep Hassling!! Good Luck!

THANK YOU for the positive comment in a thread of negativity. I can't give up hope, so why not try again? :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.