220 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

I agree that you should have just drop the issues about the internet or just simply call the company instead of saying you will see a surprise. I wouldnt know what that means either. As it has been said before, cut off all communication, move on, and get a lawyer. With the joint bank accounts, they should have record of that you was on the account for those months. Why cant you get a copy of those months. In the future make sure you protect yourself. Always have access to anything jointly. If she is suspicious of your father's wife, maybe she seen something when she visited. If your stepmother calling was causing conflict, regardless if you are the oldest or not, you should have explain to your stepmother and tell her to speak with your brother and then you could communicate with him. These are things to do just to keep confusion down. Hope things work our for you

heart.gif MS RILEYheart.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Its not about dropping it or not, I am not gonna file for VAWA anyway as someone mentioned earlier. Its about no one have the right to hit anyone, I never touched her before but I know very well that if I did she would have called the police on me. she hit me and I have the right to report her.

I am not talking about VAWA. I'm talking about how a potential domestic abuse claim can effect your immigration process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am not talking about VAWA. I'm talking about how a potential domestic abuse claim can effect your immigration process.

He was referring to someone else whose comment was deleted.

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

Timeline

He was referring to someone else whose comment was deleted.

He quoted my post and replied to my comment. I didn't see what the deleted comment was about. I'm just responding to what he has replied to me.

Edited by Maria&Seve

UPDATE: So I went to the police station and I filled a report and a police officer talked to me about what happened. I came back home and I found that she changed the Wifi password so I asked her whats the password she said she wont give it to me, I said give it to me or you will be see a surprise, and I meant by that I can call the internet company and ask them to reset the router.

why would you go home and start with her if like you said she has mental issues....you could have simply called and reset the router again if like you said you did already in the past

So she calls the police right away and tells them that she is feels afraid to be in the house with me

i would be too if I was suffering from mental issues and you come throwing threats who knows about what

so in 2 minutes there is two police cars outside the house and one of them is the police officer who talked to me in the station, they asked me if I have any family or friends to go to tonight I said no so he said she wants to go to her grandmother house i said ok if thats what she wants, i don't think they were asking your permission and the fact she was nice to go somewhere because u had no where to go speaks. Volumes

the officer said she is outside now she will walk in to get her stuff and we will make sure you wont assault her or something, i said i wont, i never did. He said you stay here and another cop stayed with me so I wont do anything, which i wont anyway.once the police is dispatched they HAVE to stay on scene till all is clearthey weren't accusing you of trying to hit her while she got her things but if they thought that like you say maybe they saw something you are saying here.

????? I dont know what to do.

everyone told you file for divorce....I don't sympathize with you because you knew she had mental issues you had to know this was bound to happen and with the culture differences what you may think is normal throw in she has problems might appear to be something different

Sorry but move on file for what you want and make peace with the fact no matter what you do you aren't the wife whisperer and instead of de escalating the situation you make it worse!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

everyone told you file for divorce....I don't sympathize with you because you knew she had mental issues you had to know this was bound to happen and with the culture differences what you may think is normal throw in she has problems might appear to be something different

Sorry but move on file for what you want and make peace with the fact no matter what you do you aren't the wife whisperer and instead of de escalating the situation you make it worse!! :girlwerewolf2xn:

I did not know that she has mental illness, I did not know that shes on medication since she was a teenager.

Timeline

I did not know that she has mental illness, I did not know that shes on medication since she was a teenager.

You knew way before having this incident. You knew she have a mental illness and you escalated the whole situation instead of dropping it.

You can go home to your own country. The way I see it, you only came here for her correct? Since things aren't going to work out. Go Home.

He came here on a spousal visa (according to his profile) which means he has a green card. Why would he go home?

Timeline

I agree that you should have just drop the issues about the internet or just simply call the company instead of saying you will see a surprise. I wouldnt know what that means either. As it has been said before, cut off all communication, move on, and get a lawyer. With the joint bank accounts, they should have record of that you was on the account for those months. Why cant you get a copy of those months. In the future make sure you protect yourself. Always have access to anything jointly. If she is suspicious of your father's wife, maybe she seen something when she visited. If your stepmother calling was causing conflict, regardless if you are the oldest or not, you should have explain to your stepmother and tell her to speak with your brother and then you could communicate with him. These are things to do just to keep confusion down. Hope things work our for you

I tried this with other things but she will keep wanting more and more and things that makes no sense, like she can have male friends but I cant have female friends, she wants me to make life insurance for my self in case i died but she refused to get life insurance for her self because "she read lot of stories on line about spouse killing each other for the money. I said well you are a human too what if you killed me? she said no I am different. She talks to her ex husband regarding the kids and i told her this is the same as me talking to my father's wife, whenever there is something we discuss it.

Timeline

You knew way before having this incident. You knew she have a mental illness and you escalated the whole situation instead of dropping it.

Because she might do this with other things, she might want to punch me again because nothing happened first time, i am paying all the bills so the internet service is mine, yet she decided to change the password ad not give it to me just because she wants to.

If she is as severe as you state how did you not know?? There were many months prior to visa being approved communication...I don't see how you got around not knowing if indeed she is as unstable as you say.

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Timeline

Because she might do this with other things, she might want to punch me again because nothing happened first time, i am paying all the bills so the internet service is mine, yet she decided to change the password ad not give it to me just because she wants to.

Sorry for being blunt but you're acting like your 5 and your sister stole your toys. She has a mental issue. You should have dropped it. You escalated the issues by threatening her. You should have left and file for divorce and stay far away.

I tried this with other things but she will keep wanting more and more and things that makes no sense, like she can have male friends but I cant have female friends, she wants me to make life insurance for my self in case i died but she refused to get life insurance for her self because "she read lot of stories on line about spouse killing each other for the money. I said well you are a human too what if you killed me? she said no I am different. She talks to her ex husband regarding the kids and i told her this is the same as me talking to my father's wife, whenever there is something we discuss it.

You can't talk directly to your father?

This is what I mean you aré an excalator who cares who pays for what your being petty call and put a password on the account so she can't change stuff and change it again.

K1 March Filer 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

Because his family is home. he has no one here. I really doubt he loved her. Wake up. People come here all the time by k1 and cr1 visas and don't love the other partner. if they loved each other they would seek counselling, not advice from visajourney.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.