220 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Qatar
Timeline

I know this is out of topic but one day I talked to her about we both getting life insurance in case something bad happened to one of us, she said she doesn't want life insurance because she is afraid that I will kill her to get the money, I said are you serious? She said yes I read a lot of such stories on Google. Her imagination will take her places.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Seychelles
Timeline

I told her you can talk to her she said how can I know that's her, plus she can be really her but I cant know her real intentions. She just doesnt make any sense.

How did you guys get married then? Didn't she go to Qatar, she have not met your father and his wife and got to know them? How is that?

Timeline

How did you guys get married then? Didn't she go to Qatar, she have not met your father and his wife and got to know them? How is that?

She did, but she believes that my father's wife likes me and she wants to have sex with me. She asked me why does she call you and not your brother? I say because I am the eldest son and she calls me to talk about something related to my father, not about her personal life. She says that I am lying and what is really going on is that she likes me and wants me. Simple as that, that's what she believe is happening.

As I warned you, it took her no time at all to try to claim you were the abusive one. She already has the upper hand in the divorce since she was the one that filed first. At least she doesn't also have it in terms of the police report. Hey a lawyer ASAP. I would not wait until Monday. Make copies of everything in sight. Do not reach out to her. Good luck!

AOS

03/24/11 - Got married in the Boogie-Down Bronx, NYC!
04/21/11 - Mailed I-130,I-765, I-485, I-864 and I-693 - Day 00

04/23/11 - Application delivered - Day 02
04/28/11 - NOA (most forms) - Day 07
05/03/11 - Checks cashed - Day 12
05/31/11 - Biometrics completed in the Bronx, NYC - Day 40
06/24/11 - Received someone else's employment authorization card!!! What the...? - Day 64
07/01/11 - Mailed the poor lady's card back after calling USCIS - Day 71
07/07/11 - Received poor lady's interview notice! What??? - Day 77
07/15/11 - Received my own EAD card - Day 85
08/12/11 - Interview. Approved on the spot! - Day 113
08/18/11 - Received card in the mail - Day 119

ROC
05/28/13 - Mailed I-751 - Day 00

05/30/13 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/31/13 - NOA I-797 - Day 03
06/04/13 - Check cashed - Day 07

06/06/13 - NOA delivered to my home/Biometrics letter generated - Day 09

06/10/13 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail - Day 13

06/27/13 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 30

09/10/13 - Application approved! - Day 105

09/14/13 - 10 year Green Card received! - Day 109

Citizenship

05/10/16 - Mailed N-400 - Day 00

05/12/16 - Application delivered - Day 02

05/13/16 - Credit card payment accepted - Day 03

05/17/16 - Received text & email update - Day 07

05/20/16 - Received 1st NOA (dated 05/13/16) & created ELIS acct - Day 10

05/21/16 - Received 2nd NOA (dated 05/16/16) confirming my DOB and address - Day 11

05/22/06 - Biometrics scheduled (online update) and appt letter was mailed on 05/20/16 - Day 12

05/24/06 - Biometrics letter became viewable online (appt scheduled for 06/07/16) - Day 14

05/27/16 - Received Biometrics letter in mail - Day 17

05/31/16 - Was denied walk-in fingerprints with just 1 person left in line. Milwaukee office, boo! - Day 21

06/07/16 - Biometrics completed in Milwaukee, WI - Day 28

12/21/16 - Passed Citizenship test/Interview was successful! - Day 197

01/26/17 - I am a US citizen!!! - Day 233

Timeline

Since I am very familiar with the behaviors you are talking about, I will give you some very important advice. Document everything. Leave immediately with all the belongings that are important to you and file for divorce. Do not worry about alimony. Do worry about your assets and bank accounts. There is no saving this marriage. Do not talk with your wife. Record conversations. Do not get into situations where she can accuse you of domestic violence or worse. Don't argue with her. Don't say anything unless absolutely required. Please. I know exactly what you are experiencing.

You are right about what you said. I collected everything belongs to me and I am looking for a place to move and I am not talking to her. She is threatening me to make me pay for everything we had together and saying I will see you in court.

Timeline

As I warned you, it took her no time at all to try to claim you were the abusive one. She already has the upper hand in the divorce since she was the one that filed first. At least she doesn't also have it in terms of the police report. Hey a lawyer ASAP. I would not wait until Monday. Make copies of everything in sight. Do not reach out to her. Good luck!

I made copies of everything we had together as joint accounts, she have a bank account before I come here and when I came she added me on it because it was already setup for the bills, now she removed me and I told her I want to bank statments for when we had it joint she said she wont give me anything, we also went to marriage counseling and I want to obtain a report from them that we went there but they need the consent of both of us but she also said she wont sign a release so I can get the report. How the USCIS will believe that we had joint account if I dont have any proof? the reasin I cant obtain statements is that she is the main holder.

Edited by firebird00

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

You're in no danger of alimony. She's the dumb one on the hook. Get a lawyer, file an answer/reconventional demand alledging abusive marriage, and countersue for 125% of poverty level as per the affidivat of support she filed and signed. Hopefully you have a copy of it somewhere and if you dont quietly get one. Good luck.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I dont have access to her medical documents but I read them once, from when she was a teenager, she already made suicide threats in 2015 and I told the cops and they contacted her but the denied that she did. She is not working and I am working and paying the bills, today before this incident happened she said she is going to take me off her checking account, i told her i want the bank statements for the past months, because I have the right to get them since the money was mine and you were not working she said she will not give me anything. We also tried counseling and she wont sign a release so I can obtain evidence that we tried marriage counseling.

If you are on the bank acct go in immediately and get copies of the statements yourself

Timeline

If you are on the bank acct go in immediately and get copies of the statements yourself

I tried they didnt give me, they said they need her to be with me because she is the primary.

You're in no danger of alimony. She's the dumb one on the hook. Get a lawyer, file an answer/reconventional demand alledging abusive marriage, and countersue for 125% of poverty level as per the affidivat of support she filed and signed. Hopefully you have a copy of it somewhere and if you dont quietly get one. Good luck.

It might be in the house, how does it look like and what does it say? how to get one?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

OP earlier mentioned he was working.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

UPDATE: So I went to the police station and I filled a report and a police officer talked to me about what happened. I came back home and I found that she changed the Wifi password so I asked her whats the password she said she wont give it to me, I said give it to me or you will be see a surprise, and I meant by that I can call the internet company and ask them to reset the router. So she calls the police right away and tells them that she is feels afraid to be in the house with me, so in 2 minutes there is two police cars outside the house and one of them is the police officer who talked to me in the station, they asked me if I have any family or friends to go to tonight I said no so he said she wants to go to her grandmother house i said ok if thats what she wants, the officer said she is outside now she will walk in to get her stuff and we will make sure you wont assault her or something, i said i wont, i never did. He said you stay here and another cop stayed with me so I wont do anything, which i wont anyway.

????? I dont know what to do.

You should have just dropped it, you opened the door wide open for her to accuse you of domestic assault. Do not have any contact with her, do not make it worse.

Timeline

You should have just dropped it, you opened the door wide open for her to accuse you of domestic assault. Do not have any contact with her, do not make it worse.

Its not about dropping it or not, I am not gonna file for VAWA anyway as someone mentioned earlier. Its about no one have the right to hit anyone, I never touched her before but I know very well that if I did she would have called the police on me. she hit me and I have the right to report her.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

If you have your paychecks set up for direct deposit into that account she took you off of, maybe you can get your employer to give you their record of deposits into that account from their end.

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.