Amadia

Case Complete to Interview June 2016

1,990 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Lemme join u Dwheels..I've guh 10 days to the interview and I feel calm and all..I'm hoping to keep this feeling for a while.

I have the same exact day for interview Swagg Star. Best of luck to you on yours and looking forward to our approvals.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I called NVC yesterday around 4:30 central time and the girl said they are still waiting on Mumbai to provide interview availability so they can schedule my interview. I know they were scheduling last week as I had a couple of VJ members PM me about getting theirs. So either the girl that answered doesn't know what she's talking about or she said that not knowing Mumbai is scheduling or June slots are full and we are now waiting for July interviews now.

N-400/Citizenship process:

Applied online: 9/06/2020

NOA1 received: 9/07/2020

Biometric: reuse letter received 1/19/2021

Interview: 5/12/2021 - APPROVED!!! 😃

Oath Ceremony: 6/04/2021

----------------------------

ROC process:

Mailed I-751 petition package: 4/6/2018

USPS delivered I-751: 4/9/2018

Check cashed: 5/24/2018

NOA received: 5/26/2018

Biometric letter received: 3/1/2019; Biometric Appt: 3/11/2019

Case Transfer letter received: 3/11/2019

Online Status changes: Card being produced- 5/24/2019; case is approved - 5/28/2019; Card is mailed - 5/29/2019; USPS picked up for delivery - 5/30/2019 (ETA 6/1/2019)

Approval letter received: 5/31/2019 showing approval date of 5/24/2019

Card received: 6/1/2019

------------------------------

Married life begins! June 25, 2015 (L)

I-130 Petition Process:

FedEx overnight I-130: July 15, 2015

NOA1 hardcopy received: July 24, 2015 (PD July 16, 2015);  NOA2 hard copy received: January 16, 2016

Petition sent to NVC text & email: January 25, 2016

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: February 1, 2016 :dance:

Case Complete: April 27, 2016 :dance:(286 days from NOA1)

Received Interview Date: May 9, 2016 :dancing:  Received Interview/Appointment Letter via email: May 10, 2016

Embassy Process:

Medical Exam: May 24, 2016;  Fingerprinting: June 16, 2016

Interview: June 17, 2016 (337 days from NOA1) - APPROVED!!!!! :dancing: :dance: :yes: :lol: B-)

Notification of Passport/Visa ready for pick up: June 21, 2016;  Visa in hand: June 22, 2016

POE (DFW): July 4, 2016; SS Card received: July 14, 2016; Green Card received: September 8, 2016

Applied for corrected GC: October 7, 2016; Corrected GC approved: December 16, 2017;  Corrected GC Received: December 22, 2017

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have the same exact day for interview Swagg Star. Best of luck to you on yours and looking forward to our approvals.

That's just awesome..We will be doing the victory dance together..lool

That's just awesome..We will be doing the victory dance together..lool

Timeline

Morning....doing an approval dance in my bed for you...to send good vibes your way baby! You got this boo boo.

Aww thank you Dwheels Darling..I can sense the approval already..

Wow! Welcome back Swagg Star! Lol

Thank you Hansona Boo...I missed you tho..hope u holding on tight..Approval is chasing you..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Aww thank you Dwheels Darling..I can sense the approval already..

Thank you Hansona Boo...I missed you tho..hope u holding on tight..Approval is chasing you..

Yes ooo...likewise! Interview dates are moving in fast! I'm excited for the both of us! 10 days away for you! Wow look at how the time flew by.

Timeline

Yes ooo...likewise! Interview dates are moving in fast! I'm excited for the both of us! 10 days away for you! Wow look at how the time flew by.

Lool that's wah I'm saying..I tot it wud never come???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Do we have to wait for the Green card to get the driver license?

It really depends on your state. You should look up the rules for your state at your DMV site (Department of Motor Vehicles) to see what paperwork is necessary.

Some states have new rules (especially anti-immigrant states) that are very picky.

Best of luck.

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

When she was asking me the last question, she pulled a file from under her desk and just pulled out my approval paper. She didn't have to print it or anything. It was just there and ready for me. I also realized That the paper isn't generic because it has your case number and alien ID number on it.

I believe this to be somewhat true.....I say that bcuz Trini_Manage's wife had her interview on Apr 20 at TnT embassy and he said that after she gave her docs and was waiting for her name to be called, when they finally called her up the 2nd time to do her bio-metrics, the officer told her "Ma'am, you and your baby have already been approved but we just have to complete the formalities."

Even when Candy Joseph's hubby did his interview, he had no issues. I have not seen ANYONE from Trinidad embassy being put on AP.....so I pray that trend of "You're approved!" continues with me!! :innocent:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

GOT MARRIED: 3-APR-2015 :wub:

HUSBAND FILED I-130: 29-MAY-2015

VISAS APPROVED: 15-JUN-2016

VISAS IN HAND; GREEN CARD FEES PAID: 21-JUN-2016

PORT OF ENTRY - FT. LAUDERDALE INTL AIRPORT: 06-AUG-2016
CONDITIONAL GREEN CARDS RECEIVED: 23-SEP-2016

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler
FILED REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS: 25-JUN-2018
FILE SENT TO NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER 11-MAY-2019
10-YR GREEN CARDS APPROVED 17-JUN-2019 
10-YR GREEN CARDS RECEIVED 21-JUN-2019 :dance: 

N-400 FILER
Spoiler
FILED CITIZENSHIP ONLINE; RECEIVED NOA1: 8-DEC-2019
BIOMETRICS WALK-IN: 18-DEC-2019
INTERVIEW SCHEDULED: 26-OCT-2020
APPROVED/SAME DAY OATH CEREMONY: 26-OCT-2020

US PASSPORT
APPLICATION APPOINTMENT AT USPS (ROUTINE): 16-SEP-2021
PASSPORT APPROVED: 30-SEP-2021
PASSPORT RECEIVED: 5-OCT-2021

Hey I noticed your kids aren't getting the meningococcal. They didn't need it because of their age? I really wish I was given more information when I called other than to be backed in a corner the way I was so disappointed.

No, my kids do not require the meningococcal vaccine bcuz they are 6 and 8....this is required for 11 and older. I mentioned this is my previous post to you :)

I got the info bcuz I'm a badger when it comes to these type of things that involve spending my hard-earned money lol! :rofl:

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

Yes... I think it only last 6 months

I think you should get a new one just in case

I don't know if the police certs you are referring to is specific to Ghana only....but the police certs in TnT are valid for various period depending on what it is being used for. For example, it's valid for 3mth if you are using it for employment and it is used for the stipulated period for other things. So it maintains the 1yr validity for the visa process.

IR-1/CR-1
Spoiler

I-751 FILER   
Spoiler

N-400 FILER
Spoiler

US PASSPORT

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I believe this to be somewhat true.....I say that bcuz Trini_Manage's wife had her interview on Apr 20 at TnT embassy and he said that after she gave her docs and was waiting for her name to be called, when they finally called her up the 2nd time to do her bio-metrics, the officer told her "Ma'am, you and your baby have already been approved but we just have to complete the formalities."

Even when Candy Joseph's hubby did his interview, he had no issues. I have not seen ANYONE from Trinidad embassy being put on AP.....so I pray that trend of "You're approved!" continues with me!! :innocent:

Wow. My question though is what do they actually use to do the pre-approval? Is it from when the I-130 is done or when the DS260 is sent in? Are you sure it isn't that everyone is already pre-approved unless they find something really bad that they would turn the decision over? The only reason I ask is because my wife and I didn't send in pictures and convo history at DS260 stage. We asked our lawyer if he needed it at that stage he didn't take them. Said I should bring it to the interview. This is my only intimidating factor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Wow. My question though is what do they actually use to do the pre-approval? Is it from when the I-130 is done or when the DS260 is sent in? Are you sure it isn't that everyone is already pre-approved unless they find something really bad that they would turn the decision over? The only reason I ask is because my wife and I didn't send in pictures and convo history at DS260 stage. We asked our lawyer if he needed it at that stage he didn't take them. Said I should bring it to the interview. This is my only intimidating factor.

My husband didn't send in anything at the ds260 stage either other than the necessary documents. Everything else we took to the interview. I was told by someone who is from Guyana and did her husband's papers that someone from the embassy actually went to their neighbors and asked if they knew the couple. These people do their investigations properly and already know whether you're lying about something so at the interview, if the questions being asked are along a certain line then you know something is wrong.

Since I've been following these interview threads, the questions asked by COs, except a few cases are basic simple easy to answer questions. So if you see them going deeper and asking questions about sex and positions in bed and weird stuff like that, know that they found something suspicious in their investigations and while you may be pre approved, what you say at that interview determines where your case goes. All they asked for was group pictures in our wedding album and they asked who were a few persons in the pictures, basic how did you meet etc and that was basically my interview. In addition to that, when it comes to the AOS, they really don't care much how you file, just as long as your taxes shows you can support the person you're sponsoring and that you actually do your taxes and you're not in trouble with the IRS. At least that is what is required at Guyana's embassy, don't know about others but I figure procedures are not much different other than in high fraud countries. My husband actually wrote to the embassy in Guyana when he had questions and they responded.

The way I see it, not sending in those thing at that stage matters little. Just take them to your interview and you should be fine. All they need at the ds260 stage is what they ask for so no need to send anything else unless requested. You also don't want to make it seem like you're trying to over prove anything. That is something we were warned about constantly while getting our proof documents together. Just do what is asked of you and no more unless required.

Edited by Thomianguy

USCIS Stage

Marriage: 3/21/15

I-130 Sent: 5/03/15

NOA1: 5/08/15

NOA2 (approval): 10/26/15

NVC Stage (CR1)

NVC Received Case: 11/12/15

NVC Scan Date: 12/2/15

Paid AOS fee: 12/04/15

Paid IV fee: 12/04/15

AOS & IV Package sent: 12/16/15

NVC Case Complete: 1/26/16

Interview Date: 4/27/16

Interview Result: Approved!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

My husband didn't send in anything at the ds260 stage either other than the necessary documents. Everything else we took to the interview. I was told by someone who is from Guyana and did her husband's papers that someone from the embassy actually went to their neighbors and asked if they knew the couple. These people do their investigations properly and already know whether you're lying about something so at the interview, if the questions being asked are along a certain line then you know something is wrong.

Since I've been following these interview threads, the questions asked by COs, except a few cases are basic simple easy to answer questions. So if you see them going deeper and asking questions about sex and positions in bed and weird stuff like that, know that they found something suspicious in their investigations and while you may be pre approved, what you say at that interview determines where your case goes. All they asked for was group pictures in our wedding album and they asked who were a few persons in the pictures, basic how did you meet etc and that was basically my interview. In addition to that, when it comes to the AOS, they really don't care much how you file, just as long as your taxes shows you can support the person you're sponsoring and that you actually do your taxes and you're not in trouble with the IRS. At least that is what is required at Guyana's embassy, don't know about others but I figure procedures are not much different other than in high fraud countries. My husband actually wrote to the embassy in Guyana when he had questions and they responded.

The way I see it, not sending in those thing at that stage matters little. Just take them to your interview and you should be fine. All they need at the ds260 stage is what they ask for so no need to send anything else unless requested. You also don't want to make it seem like you're trying to over prove anything. That is something we were warned about constantly while getting our proof documents together. Just do what is asked of you and no more unless required.

FROM THE HUSBAND:

I want to also add that, we kept in touch with a few couples who had their interviews in Guyana ahead of us AND others my wife met at her job where she assisted people working on their final preparations for their interview and I don't recall her ever telling me that ANY of these couples failed at their interview. In just about all the cases, the responses were the same: "they asked us a few questions (5 minutes) and that was it."

Of course, we are only giving our experience with the consulate in Guyana. They have a FB page, seems to very be transparent and make the effort to reach out to the local community. I am not sure how they are in other countries. As my wife said, it just seems to all you have to do is have a legit marriage-relationship, give them what they ask for and take it from there.

Edited by Thomianguy

USCIS Stage

Marriage: 3/21/15

I-130 Sent: 5/03/15

NOA1: 5/08/15

NOA2 (approval): 10/26/15

NVC Stage (CR1)

NVC Received Case: 11/12/15

NVC Scan Date: 12/2/15

Paid AOS fee: 12/04/15

Paid IV fee: 12/04/15

AOS & IV Package sent: 12/16/15

NVC Case Complete: 1/26/16

Interview Date: 4/27/16

Interview Result: Approved!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.