Ninga22

Wrong name on dv application

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

You need to be truthful in your app for a tourist visa.

How did you put the wrong name? ie did you use a visa prep service and they lied, but you didn't stop them? Did you use a married name but are now divorced? Did you just write one letter in the last name wrong?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You must disclose all other names you've used on DS-160.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Won't that affect my b1 visa application . I heard that alot of people here in egypt got rejected because they applied for the lottry

Guess one rejected visa is better then a lifetime ban for lying.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

You thought your last name would be "Ali not Samy"...you dont know your own last name?

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

In egypt we don't use our last name we use first name then father name so i thought it would be my father name , that's the stupid mistake i got in .

Did you merely play DV lottery in a particular year? Or, did you actually win DV lottery and you went for interview but unsuccessful? Tell members exactly what happened so that you can be rightly assisted.

Edited by JUSTINCASE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No i only applied and it got rejected online , didn't go to any interviews

Then, don't bother yourself about the name you used before. Merely playing DV lOTTERY without being a winner; and, you not completing visa form means you did not apply for United States visa.

Therefore, feel free to use your correct name now if indeed it is your correct name. Do not state in your DS 160 that you have applied for United States visa before because you haven't if you merely played DV lottery and you were not selected.

Filed: Timeline

Then, don't bother yourself about the name you used before. Merely playing DV lOTTERY without being a winner; and, you not completing visa form means you did not apply for United States visa.

Therefore, feel free to use your correct name now if indeed it is your correct name. Do not state in your DS 160 that you have applied for United States visa before because you haven't if you merely played DV lottery and you were not selected.

Thank you so much it was hell for me

Thank you all for replying

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.