Loverneverfails

Immigrant Visa Denied- 221(g)

71 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

GM VJ Family,

Answers to your question are:

I am 10 years older than my husband (not sure if they consider that as a huge age difference... but I look much younger than my husband because I take very good care of myself)...in fact my husband is well beyond his years in maturity.

2) Had he ever applied for Visa before - yes

Hello sorry about your situation but I know it first hand, but you should sit and talk with him and find out what he put on that visa he filed, and what kind of visa did he apply for before? And make sure he starts from the beginning about the interview about everything she asked and what he said to her, this km is a hot mess lets just say my encounter with her wasn't pleasant and I returned the same feelings, I will inbox you later today about some plans I have, again sorry about your decision from the interview

Timeline

Oops sorry hit add button and wasn't finish

hubby applied for a diversity visa in 2014( but he completed the form himself) and last year in June he applied for a visitor visa to visit me and my family after the wedding but was denied due to I130 petition and not having strong tides in his country ( he also completed the form)

there wasn't any discrepancies because dates, place of work are facts...

Hubby and I debrief after interview and he is confident that the interview was a success...he did say that the consular did emphasize that the first face to face contact was when we got married and my prior marriage asking him why divorce and why I didn't go for counselor to make the marriage work( he shared why we divorced)

He also said she ask do we own any property together

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Oops sorry hit add button and wasn't finish

hubby applied for a diversity visa in 2014( but he completed the form himself) and last year in June he applied for a visitor visa to visit me and my family after the wedding but was denied due to I130 petition and not having strong tides in his country ( he also completed the form)

there wasn't any discrepancies because dates, place of work are facts...

Hubby and I debrief after interview and he is confident that the interview was a success...he did say that the consular did emphasize that the first face to face contact was when we got married and my prior marriage asking him why divorce and why I didn't go for counselor to make the marriage work( he shared why we divorced)

He also said she ask do we own any property together

Thanks for bringing the diversity visa issue up. Did your hubby win or get selected? Or he just applied for the lottery. I'd like other VJ members to explicate more on it. If a person applies for Dv lottery and doesn't win or get selected, will it constitute applying for a visa on his records? Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm so sorry i almost suffer the same faith i went to cr1 interview Monday an i was temporary denied until my husband get a sponsor.but they kept my passport

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You got married on your first meeting?

And filed straight away. I think.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

One thing we know for sure that OUR marriage is real...and we will be together if I have to move to Ghana...in fact my husband wanted me to move to Ghana because he has a very good position as a network engineer and have huge responsibilities here. However, I did not want to move and ask him to come to the US instead...he struggled with the decision to move to US. We prayed about the situation and thereafter we decided to file for him to come to US.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

U misunderstood my tone then . I am bringing up the fact that they seem heartless because this is all numbers to them that's why things don't make sense . And after being here for six months I have realized the pattern in denials and bringing what I observed . I'm actually going against km but playing devils advocate in how she operates and the rules she might be under . So although all our stories might be unique and lovely ; we are all just numbers to them and criteria . So if ur case has the red flags they don't care ; they push you through the hoops . And I was just saying it . Do I agree with it no but my points are that how the department of state feels and is currently operating .like the knocking . They have made sure to include that question so they can add more denials . So when they check and they don't have any red flags and ur about to be approved . Wham they throw that question in now for sure just to hear u say yea and great they can put a denial . It's not because u all were not genuine but once again to help their numbers and say u all are married denied . I can see a pattern that's why visa journey is so important so if u see ur red flags u can address them early

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

One thing we know for sure that OUR marriage is real...and we will be together if I have to move to Ghana...in fact my husband wanted me to move to Ghana because he has a very good position as a network engineer and have huge responsibilities here. However, I did not want to move and ask him to come to the US instead...he struggled with the decision to move to US. We prayed about the situation and thereafter we decided to file for him to come to US.

Exactly ; I hope u are not taking offense to what I said . Just brining up how the consulate is looking at all of our cases . That's why they don't care when they deny . And keep pushing . The squeaky wheel gets the oil so continue to have the congressman involved and keep adding more FaceTime . Making your case stronger buy adding your self to his accounts in Ghana so next go around they can even say nothing but a yes it's just unfortunate the time they make people wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed per op request
one post quoting that post removed also returned below

I agree with some of your points..but your tone sounds like you are accusing them of doing the something fraudulent to cause KM to deny them. Well, let's wait until you are done with yours. I don't wish bad for you but it is common to feel that someone is at fault and they deserve the treatment they get until it happens to you.

I basically grew up at the American Embassy. My dad had petitioned for us countless times from way back in 1990. We sometimes got denied over things that weren't our fault .For instance,CO asked my mum when my dad left Ghana and my mum's response was "well, he left in 1988 to Canada.....) and before she could finish her statement as to when my dad left Canada for school in US, CO ended the interview. Another time, our paperwork from NVC to the embassy never arrived. Other time too, our DNA results got missing at the embassy cos they denied receiving it despite the fact that we had retrieved signature of the recipient at the embassy but they would even crosscheck.

In 1995, I witnessed a man get denied because the CO concluded from the picture him and his wife , that they are related. As far as I know, there are lots of white people who think all black people look alike.

Indeed, there are frauds going on there but is everyone to be chastised for that?

So, sometimes, you do all you have to do but get denied. A CO said she will only approve the visa for my uncle's wife only if he puts the 17 yr old stepdaughter on the application. they did and were all approved. My dad put my mum, me and my sibling on the petition and a CO, took us off and approved my mum only. No explanation given and we had to apply for myself and my sibling.

so who makes those rules? As to when a family is to be put together or to be split?

So until you have gone through the embassy in Accra and through the entire process till the end, hold your 2 cents.

KM may not even have any award(s).she might be just a veteran CO.

Even though CO's have discretion, is the petition comes back to USCIS, KM will have to give factual proof not just a feeling. Feeling is not quantifiable.

Some petitions have been reinstated and sent back to Ghana.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

oh no way we are not offended, in fact we are so grateful for everyone's suggestions

Thanks again and we are hopeful that everything will work out for our Good

We will keep everyone posted and thanks for all the advice. We are satisfied now.

Take Care

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.