sambecka17

need help !?

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
hello everyone!

can i apply for visitor visa ,, to visit my wife?

my cr1 visa on AP so my question does there are a big chance to get the visitor visa or no?

please help ?

and if they did not gives me visitor visa does that will affect on the immigrant visa?

need advice please?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You can apply, though it is quite likely that you will be denied a visitor visa. All applicants for visitor visas are assumed to have immigration intent, and must proved that they will go home after their visit. With your filing of the spousal visa, you have already expressed immigration intent. So, the question is: How are you going to convince the CO that you will return home after your visitor visa is over?

Why can't your spouse come visit you?

Good luck on your immigration journey.

~Moved from K3 Progress to Visitor Visa Forum~

~Inquiry about visitor visa, not K3 related~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

save your money...no CO will hand you a B2 visa during AP....because there is far too much risk to the CO in case something surfaces that suggests that you should not get a visa....all that will happen at best is that your B2 visa application will also go into AP...but more than likely you'll be denied under 214b.

no CO with more than 10 minutes of experience will give you a B2 visa while your immigrant visa case is in AP....which means that the most likely outcome of a B2 interview will be a denial under 214b...which will not affect your future immigrant visa case (unless you foolishly commit some sort of fraud during your B2 interview)...

At best, your B2 application will wind up in the same place as your immigrant visa case....in AP...but no matter what, no CO is going to hand you a free pass to the US while the AP is ongoing.

Timeline

so no body advice me to apply for visitor visa? we really missed each other me & my wife

and she wasn't able to stay langer than 5 days last visit

that's why i was thinking to visit her until the ap is done .

she visited me 4 times so far but it's not enough for us we need each other really please pray for us , thank you so much

HFM181818

and trying to play the sympathy card will fail instantly....COs are trained to totally ignore sympathetic pleas about missing their BF or GF or spouse....the fact remains that your immigrant visa case is in AP, which means that no CO who cares about his or her career would even dream of handing over a visa to someone who has yet be cleared through the AP process, and in order to get a B2 visa, you would have to convince the CO that you would return to wherever rather than stay put....but with an American spouse, there is no chance that you could convince a CO that you would because, at the end of the day, there is no chance you will depart the US...instead, your spouse will waste little time finding some sleazy immigration attorney who will charge her a ton of money to file for an AOS, all the while encouraging you to keep saying, 'gosh, I had no intention of staying...'....COs have seen and heard all of the stories; yours will be no different and not even clever. But, go ahead and spend the $160....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

get her to visit you.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You won't get one, have her visit you. You are in AP for a REASON, no CO EVER will hand you a visitor visa before security checks are done. Use common sense. Everyone misses their significant others during the process, and honestly the consulate doesn't care.They have a job to do, and their job is to look after the best interests of the US and it's citizens.

Edited by mimolicious

so no body advice me to apply for visitor visa? we really missed each other me & my wife

and she wasn't able to stay langer than 5 days last visit

that's why i was thinking to visit her until the ap is done .

she visited me 4 times so far but it's not enough for us we need each other really please pray for us , thank you so much

HFM181818

Let's be clear.

You just stated that you were planning on visiting her UNTIL the AP is done.

So your intention is NOT to visit and go back to Jordan, but to stay until you don't have to leave.

THAT is visa fraud.

If you have $160 to throw away on a visa application, give that to your wife towards the cost of a ticket to see you. If she's been 4 times already hopefully she has been smart about it and collected mileage points from the airline. With those points and your $160 plus the cost of the ticket you were going to buy for yourself to "visit until AP is done", she has surely got enough for a ticket to see you. Maybe even enough for two visits.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Timeline

you don't understand .. what kind of jobs can allow someone to take days off from work two times in one year?

first time in this year was before two months she stayed with me about three weeks and a couple days ,, and last visit of her she visited me before 10 days and she stayed with me 6 days cause she can't stop work "financial status" , so we was thinking about visitor visa so we will be together and in the same time she did not lose her job !

and thanks everyone for your opinion , and i never had a problem in my life and always my Police records clean and my wife too !

so we don't know why we are on ap

pray for us thanks

While your case remains in AP, you are ineligible to receive any type of visa....and no CO who cherishes their career will compromise that career by handing you a tourist visa while you are in AP (besides the fact that there is no chance you would return)...hiring an attorney would be a total waste of money, as attorneys have no power nor authority whatsoever in the visa adjudication process. Sometimes, life is tough.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Begs the question what job you have that allows so much time off?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.