Panasqojoe

REFUSAL OF K1 VISA

43 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

on the 17th of March my K1 visa application was denied the only reason the consoler gave me was that she can't grant me the k1 fiance visa because my fiance and I have had traditional wedding (engagement) and for that reason we don't qualify for k1 visa.....wat do we do nw???

AM IN ACCRA ...GHANA...WEST AFRICA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

get marry and pursue cr1 visa in sorry about it and I think cr1 is the best option for you

Edited by norishing2007

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

This has been a major issue with the Ghana consulate recently. Knocking ceremony, engagement , traditional wedding , Families meeting , anything that seems ceremonial is grounds for a denial of the K-1 visa. This is happening because they too accept those same ceremonies for the CR1 so they can't have a double standard . Get married on paper and file the cr1

Timeline

So can we file for the CR1 nw or we will have to wait a year before filling cause we are already engaged and our marriage since can't be done in America will be done in Ghana so can we file for the spouse visa ryt after our wedding??? or we will have to wait n file it next year

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

So can we file for the CR1 nw or we will have to wait a year before filling cause we are already engaged and our marriage since can't be done in America will be done in Ghana so can we file for the spouse visa ryt after our wedding??? or we will have to wait n file it next year

Have no idea what you were trying to say here.... But yes you can apply for you CR-1 as soon as you get married and have the documents.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

If you are already engaged , you either can get your marriage license based on that date or you can have your white wedding as planned and then get your marriage license after and use your white wedding date and then file . Either way the consular thinks you are already married so u can get the marriage done on paper and start the CR1 and I believe you have to withdraw the K1 or let it expire before starting the new petition, not too sure on that part .

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

on the 17th of March my K1 visa application was denied the only reason the consoler gave me was that she can't grant me the k1 fiance visa because my fiance and I have had traditional wedding (engagement) and for that reason we don't qualify for k1 visa.....wat do we do nw???

AM IN ACCRA ...GHANA...WEST AFRICA

but did you have a traditional wedding engagement? if you did the correct research you could have avoided this ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The year wait is for the CR1 to process.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

To file a CR1 you need a marriage certificate. The issue with Ghana and Nigeria is there is a traditional ceremony that acts like a wedding in many/most parts to the culture ( some couples never go beyond that ) but the government has an official court/church ceremony that produces the certificate they will want to start the CR1. So you need the official certificate to start the CR1 which may require a new trip to Ghana and a longer wait.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Thanks for the advice from u all my question nw is that nw that the K1 has been refused till wen will it expire so that I start wit the CR-1 visa processing? ???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You should get a marriage cerfiticate and file Cr1, with other evidence that can prove your marriage as a bonafide one. Like A &O said, you have to withdraw your k1 while filing the Cr1.

But OP, visa journey is supposed to be a community where we all share ideas and experiences to help each other. But some of you stay on the fringes and read people's reviews and questions and you only formally register your account with just a few days to your interview without sharing anything...not even filling your timeline. But you quickly come on here and want solutions. So if you had been approved on March 17, would you have shared your good news with us all? I guess not, and no one will benefit from your experience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Mohammed&lisa, I agree with you as to how a lot of members from Ghana don't write or share their experience here.. When something bad happens, that's when most of the members come here and seek solutions.. Whether approved or denied, let's have the courage to push one another.. A lot can be learnt from the approvals and denials.. Let's stop hiding and come out boldly to share our experiences

Mohammed&lisa, I agree with you as to how a lot of members from Ghana don't write or share their experience here.. When something bad happens, that's when most of the members come here and seek solutions.. Whether approved or denied, let's have the courage to push one another.. A lot can be learnt from the approvals and denials.. Let's stop hiding and come out boldly to share our experiences

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.