Rob L

Trump asks backers to swear their support, vows to broaden torture laws

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

This is nothing, Clinton had credible charges made that he raped women (the molesting was confirmed) ... and his followers (especially the NOW gang) defended him to the death.

It is hard to get more political loyalty in a first world country.

That would probably be more relevant if Bill Clinton was running for president.

QCjgyJZ.jpg

+1

This is nothing, Clinton had credible charges made that he raped women (the molesting was confirmed) ... and his followers (especially the NOW gang) defended him to the death.

It is hard to get more political loyalty in a first world country.

Trump cheated on his wives and you're still supporting him running for president. ....

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

+1

Trump cheated on his wives and you're still supporting him running for president. ....

So we are back to Bill Clinton and the loyalty he garnered?

What was it we were told (over and over)..... something about "private life" and what was the part about... "If his wife forgives him, who are we not to."

Ummm except Clinton (who Black folks loved) was screwing the help on the job and then lying about it under oath before a grand jury.

How much richer can this get?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

BUt he is running for president.

He is actually on the campaign trail seeking to move back into the oval office as part of the "team" they talk us about when he ran the first time.

Here, let me quote him- " You buy one and get one for free."

So we are back to Bill Clinton and the loyalty he garnered?

What was it we were told (over and over)..... something about "private life" and what was the part about... "If his wife forgives him, who are we not to."

Ummm except Clinton (who Black folks loved) was screwing the help on the job and then lying about it under oath before a grand jury.

How much richer can this get?

Maybe you should do your homework. Black people(don't know why you brought it up, but oh well) have ALWAYS voted Democrat since the Southern Strategy. The Republicans haven't tried to woo black voters since then.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

POLITICS

Trump Plays Dumb About Right Hand Salute

BY AARON RUPARbird_blue_16.png MAR 8, 2016 10:32 AM

TrumpSalute-1024x682.jpg

CREDIT: AP PHOTO/BRYNN ANDERSON

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks to the crowd asking them to take a pledge to promise to vote for him during a campaign rally, Saturday, March 5, 2016, in Orlando, Fla.

Less than two weeks after Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump played dumb about David Duke and the KKK, he’s using a similar tactic to explain away criticism of a controversial new loyalty pledge he’s incorporated into his campaign events.

During three recent rallies, Trump has asked supporters to raise their right hands and recite a pledge that no matter what, they’ll vote for him for president. Here’s how that unfolded during an event in Florida:

The Trump loyalty pledge drew criticism from former Anti-Defamation League director Abe Foxman, who was born in Poland and saved from the Nazis by his Catholic nanny.

“As a Jew who survived the Holocaust, to see an audience of thousands of people raising their hands in what looks like the ‘Heil Hitler’ salute is about as offensive, obnoxious and disgusting as anything I thought I would ever witness in the United States of America,” Foxman told The Times of Israel. “We’ve seen this sort of thing at rallies of neo-Nazis. We’ve seen it at rallies of white supremacists. But to see it at a rally for a legitimate candidate for the presidency of the United States is outrageous.”

But during a Tuesday phone interview on NBC’s Today, Trump said he didn’t realize his pledge might be offensive until that very phone call and called criticism of it “ridiculous.”

“Honestly, until this phone call, I didn’t know it was a problem,” he said. “Almost everybody in the room raises their hand, we’re having a good time. I never knew it was a problem.”

Host Matt Lauer then pressed Trump on the connection between his pledge and some of the anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim rhetoric he’s used throughout his campaign.

“I think [the controversy] is also in combination, Mr. Trump, with some of the rhetoric you’ve used on the campaign trail over the past several months targeting groups like Muslims and Mexicans, that that invokes images of Nazi Germany and the scapegoating of Jews there back in the 1930s and ’40s,” Lauer said.

Trump responded by saying he views the effort to make a connection between his events and Nazi rallies as a “big, big stretch.”

“We’re having these incredible rallies, and considering the subject matter is not so good because our country is in trouble, big trouble, we are having a great time,” he said.

But Trump added he’s open to possibly dropping the pledge from his rallies, citing his desire not to offend.

“Well I’ll certainly look into it,” he said. “I don’t want to offend anybody.”

Foxman, however, doesn’t buy the notion that Trump doesn’t understand the underlying imagery.

“It is a fascist gesture,” he told the Times of Israel. “He is smart enough — he always tells us how smart he is — to know the images that this evokes. Instead of asking his audience to pledge allegiance to the United States of America, which in itself would be a little bizarre, he’s asking them to swear allegiance to him.”

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

That's not even close to a Nazi salute.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

POLITICS

Trump Plays Dumb About Right Hand Salute

BY AARON RUPARbird_blue_16.png MAR 8, 2016 10:32 AM

TrumpSalute-1024x682.jpg

CREDIT: AP PHOTO/BRYNN ANDERSON

Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks to the crowd asking them to take a pledge to promise to vote for him during a campaign rally, Saturday, March 5, 2016, in Orlando, Fla.

Tweet

Less than two weeks after Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump played dumb about David Duke and the KKK, hes using a similar tactic to explain away criticism of a controversial new loyalty pledge hes incorporated into his campaign events.

During three recent rallies, Trump has asked supporters to raise their right hands and recite a pledge that no matter what, theyll vote for him for president. Heres how that unfolded during an event in Florida:

The Trump loyalty pledge drew criticism from former Anti-Defamation League director Abe Foxman, who was born in Poland and saved from the Nazis by his Catholic nanny.

As a Jew who survived the Holocaust, to see an audience of thousands of people raising their hands in what looks like the Heil Hitler salute is about as offensive, obnoxious and disgusting as anything I thought I would ever witness in the United States of America, Foxman told The Times of Israel. Weve seen this sort of thing at rallies of neo-Nazis. Weve seen it at rallies of white supremacists. But to see it at a rally for a legitimate candidate for the presidency of the United States is outrageous.

But during a Tuesday phone interview on NBCs Today, Trump said he didnt realize his pledge might be offensive until that very phone call and called criticism of it ridiculous.

Honestly, until this phone call, I didnt know it was a problem, he said. Almost everybody in the room raises their hand, were having a good time. I never knew it was a problem.

Host Matt Lauer then pressed Trump on the connection between his pledge and some of the anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim rhetoric hes used throughout his campaign.

I think [the controversy] is also in combination, Mr. Trump, with some of the rhetoric youve used on the campaign trail over the past several months targeting groups like Muslims and Mexicans, that that invokes images of Nazi Germany and the scapegoating of Jews there back in the 1930s and 40s, Lauer said.

Trump responded by saying he views the effort to make a connection between his events and Nazi rallies as a big, big stretch.

Were having these incredible rallies, and considering the subject matter is not so good because our country is in trouble, big trouble, we are having a great time, he said.

But Trump added hes open to possibly dropping the pledge from his rallies, citing his desire not to offend.

Well Ill certainly look into it, he said. I dont want to offend anybody.

Foxman, however, doesnt buy the notion that Trump doesnt understand the underlying imagery.

It is a fascist gesture, he told the Times of Israel. He is smart enough he always tells us how smart he is to know the images that this evokes. Instead of asking his audience to pledge allegiance to the United States of America, which in itself would be a little bizarre, hes asking them to swear allegiance to him.

HAIL TRUMP!

Timeline

Nazi Salute:

shapeimage_2.png

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

Timeline

Trump doesn't have any real supporters. Maybe moreso in the republican party against the other 3 he has some real support, but in the polls for general elections 80% of his supporters or those who say they will vote for him don't care about what he stands for, some of them probably don't even know. It is nothing but a reflection of their feelings towards Obama/Clinton. You might want to convince yourself it is cause everyone is racist - that's your choice(won't get you any further in life, though). Fact of the matter is - people are looking for a new horse to bet on because the old horse has been a loser. Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting the same results - so why would anyone want the same old failed policies of the last 8 years? why not give someone else a chance?

I WISH that someone was not going to be Trump, but that's just how bad Clinton is, that people would consider even Trump to be more worthy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Trump doesn't have any real supporters. Maybe moreso in the republican party against the other 3 he has some real support, but in the polls for general elections 80% of his supporters or those who say they will vote for him don't care about what he stands for, some of them probably don't even know. It is nothing but a reflection of their feelings towards Obama/Clinton. You might want to convince yourself it is cause everyone is racist - that's your choice(won't get you any further in life, though). Fact of the matter is - people are looking for a new horse to bet on because the old horse has been a loser. Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting the same results - so why would anyone want the same old failed policies of the last 8 years? why not give someone else a chance?

I WISH that someone was not going to be Trump, but that's just how bad Clinton is, that people would consider even Trump to be more worthy.

Which polls show trump beating Hillary

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

If that's true, why are they voting for him? If they hated Obama/Clinton that much, there are other candidates within the GOP that would be more suitable for support.

You say convince yourself, I don't think anyone needs to do that since Trump himself does it so well. How many people need to say it in order for it to be true? Unless you can find another member of the GOP that the KKK is putting their support behind.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Which polls show trump beating Hillary

Actually there's quite a few showing that but that wasn't even the point(wanna see my shocked look that it went right over people's heads?). The point is even the support he does have stems mainly from Clinton being so bad, and not from people liking him.

If that's true, why are they voting for him? If they hated Obama/Clinton that much, there are other candidates within the GOP that would be more suitable for support.

You say convince yourself, I don't think anyone needs to do that since Trump himself does it so well. How many people need to say it in order for it to be true? Unless you can find another member of the GOP that the KKK is putting their support behind.

What part of "Maybe moreso in the republican party against the other 3 he has some real support, but in the polls for general elections 80% of his supporters or those who say they will vote for him don't care about what he stands for, some of them probably don't even know. It is nothing but a reflection of their feelings towards Obama/Clinton. " was not clear?

Anyway, I guess you should also hold Farrakhan's support for Obama against him as well.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

"Clinton had credible charges made that he raped women (the molesting was confirmed) "

If you don't understand the difference between rape and consensual sex, I'm worried for you.

Good luck!