alygirl92

Tourist Visa from Morocco Questions (merged threads)

48 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's not sad, it's in the best interest of this country and it's citizens that our government is vigilant in protecting us by not allowing every Tom, ####### and Harry in. I hate to burst you bubble but you have not even met him in real life yet, why would you think the government would just allow him to waltz in just because you think they should allow it? Do you read the news? Do you have any idea what is going on in the world right now? As far as I am concerned the government isn't strict enough as far as immigration goes. Too many people abusing tourist visas and over staying, marrying then adjusting status, a loophole that needs to be closed completely. Fiance visas should be done away with, too. Too many people get here and decide not to marry and disappear into oblivion and take advantage of our welfare system, or they marry and never adjust their status only to stay here illegally indefinitely. Many claim they don;t have money for the fees to cover AOS, as far as I am concerned they should have to pay the AOS before the visa is issued to ensure they actually become legal or at least prove they have the money to do so before the visa is approved.

If you want to meet and marry someone you are "dating"(not sure how you date someone you have never met), you need to be like everyone else and go through the proper channels to do so. If you are working part time and don't have the money to support yourself and he works in a factory and has no savings, how exactly do you think you will be able to afford paying for his immigration journey? It costs thousands upon thousands of dollars and takes years. Sorry if I am being so blunt but you need a reality check. I am not one to give people false hope and tell them love will get you through this, because in reality it takes a lot more than that. When I first met my husband(in real life) and before we decided to get married I did my research, I figured out how much it would cost(and it turned out to be a lot more than I estimated). I talked to others who had been through it and they were very honest in telling me it wasn't going to be easy, which was the best thing they could have done for me.

So take off the rose colored glasses, put your big girl panties on and look at this REALISTICALLY. You can;t just apply for a visitor visa and get one, you need very strong ties to your home country. Period. You can;t just apply for a job in the US with no specialized degree/training and get a work visa. Period. You cannot apply for a student visa and just get one. You have to have the full tuition up front, including money for housing and living expenses for the duration of the time you will be in school, and there are no student loans for foreign students. Then the minute you graduate you are required to pack up and return to your home country. You and your boyfriend keep coming up with these visa ideas trying to get him here without having any idea what it takes. Please do yourself a favor and do more research and ask yourself HONESTLY if this is something you can do, and if you can afford it. Good luck!

Very well said, Mimolicious! I hope you were meaning to quote the OP, though.... My hubby has been here for a couple of years. :goofy:

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

there is NO sponsorship for a tourist visa. An applicant must apply and be approved on his/her own merits and their merits alone. Period. Unless you know the answer to a question it is best not to answer. Don't guess or give false information as it only confuses people.

No need to be unpleasant, we're all trying to help here :) Now I might be wrong, but these are snippets from different websites:

Screenshot%202016-02-28%2011.22.35.png

Screenshot%202016-02-28%2011.23.26.png

Screenshot%202016-02-28%2011.24.00.png

Timeline

If you want to meet and marry someone you are "dating"(not sure how you date someone you have never met)

When I first met my husband(in real life)

No need to put down couples who didn't meet the "regular" way, either :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No need to be unpleasant, we're all trying to help here :) Now I might be wrong, but these are snippets from different websites:

You could have just looked on VJ, it has been covered enough times.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You could have just looked on VJ, it has been covered enough times.

I thought it was better to post general information on the subject, and easier than having to comb through different threads.

Filed: Timeline

No need to put down couples who didn't meet the "regular" way, either :)

Pretty sure she wasn't talking about meeting for first time, but 'dating' which by definition is the process of meeting someone socially, beyond the level of friendship. Ie. you can't date without actually meeting.

Timeline

Boyfriend/Girlfriend I have never met does seem to be a high fraud Consulate issue.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Screenshot%202016-02-28%2011.22.35.png

Screenshot%202016-02-28%2011.23.26.png

Screenshot%202016-02-28%2011.24.00.png

Do you have any links to those websites?

I could use a good laugh and they seem to be some excellent comedy value.

August 2000: We start e-mailing. I'm in Bosnia, she's in Florida

October 29th 2000: She sends me e-mail asking if I would marry her

October 29th 2000(5 seconds later): I say yes

November 2000: She sends me tickets to Orlando for when I get back

December 6th 2000: Return from Bos

December 11th 2000: Fly to Orlando, she meets me at airport

December 22nd 2000: I fly back to UK

January 3rd 2001: She flies to UK (Good times)

Mid February 2001: Pregnancy test Positive

Mid February 2001: She flies back to US

March 2001: Miscarriage, I fly to US on first flight I can get

May 2001: I leave US before my 90 days are up

June 2001: I fly back to US, stopped at airport for questioning as I had only just left

September 2001: Pregnancy test Positive again

September 2001: She falls sick, I make decision to stay to look after her as I am afraid I may have problems getting back in.

April 16th 2002: Our son is born, we start getting stuff together for his passport

March 6th 2003: We leave US for UK as family

Early April 2003: Family troubles make her return to US, I ask Embassy in London about possibilities of returning to US

April 16th 2003: London Embassy informs me that I will be banned from the Visa Waiver Program for 10 years, my little boys first birthday

June 13th 2006: I-129f sent

August 11th 2006: NOA1 Recieved

After our relationship breaks down she admits to me that she had never bothered to start the application process

Filed: Timeline

totally misleading and none of this is required by law! No one can assume responsibility for B2 traveler....repeat....no one. There is no legal mechanism in place that can force a third party to pay for tickets, meals, movies, hotels, etc.....NO LEGAL MECHANISM exists...period. Presenting an invitation letter, no matter who signs it, does not, and cannot overcome 214b. If a B2 visa holder 'forgets' to go home, what can that third party /inviter' do about it? Nothing. Sure, call ICE and see what they do....they will yawn as they lack the resources (thanks to our do-nothing Congress) to chase down random overstayers....and really, what American BF or GF is going to drop a dime on their foreign GF/BF (unless the hootchy-kootchy stopped!!)? And no one can literally carry their foreign friend/relative back to the airport and shove them on a plane....you won't make it past security and you (nor I) do not have any legal authority over someone else taking up space in the US in regards to their decision to stay or go home if they are here in B2 or EWI status. I've read (or heard on the phone) people claiming, 'oh, I'll make sure they get on the plane when it's time to leave.."....really? How?

Timeline

Do you have any links to those websites?

I could use a good laugh and they seem to be some excellent comedy value.

Usually found on Indian centric sites.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's not sad, it's in the best interest of this country and it's citizens that our government is vigilant in protecting us by not allowing every Tom, ####### and Harry in. I hate to burst you bubble but you have not even met him in real life yet, why would you think the government would just allow him to waltz in just because you think they should allow it? Do you read the news? Do you have any idea what is going on in the world right now? As far as I am concerned the government isn't strict enough as far as immigration goes. Too many people abusing tourist visas and over staying, marrying then adjusting status, a loophole that needs to be closed completely. Fiance visas should be done away with, too. Too many people get here and decide not to marry and disappear into oblivion and take advantage of our welfare system, or they marry and never adjust their status only to stay here illegally indefinitely. Many claim they don;t have money for the fees to cover AOS, as far as I am concerned they should have to pay the AOS before the visa is issued to ensure they actually become legal or at least prove they have the money to do so before the visa is approved.

If you want to meet and marry someone you are "dating"(not sure how you date someone you have never met), you need to be like everyone else and go through the proper channels to do so. If you are working part time and don't have the money to support yourself and he works in a factory and has no savings, how exactly do you think you will be able to afford paying for his immigration journey? It costs thousands upon thousands of dollars and takes years. Sorry if I am being so blunt but you need a reality check. I am not one to give people false hope and tell them love will get you through this, because in reality it takes a lot more than that. When I first met my husband(in real life) and before we decided to get married I did my research, I figured out how much it would cost(and it turned out to be a lot more than I estimated). I talked to others who had been through it and they were very honest in telling me it wasn't going to be easy, which was the best thing they could have done for me.

So take off the rose colored glasses, put your big girl panties on and look at this REALISTICALLY. You can;t just apply for a visitor visa and get one, you need very strong ties to your home country. Period. You can;t just apply for a job in the US with no specialized degree/training and get a work visa. Period. You cannot apply for a student visa and just get one. You have to have the full tuition up front, including money for housing and living expenses for the duration of the time you will be in school, and there are no student loans for foreign students. Then the minute you graduate you are required to pack up and return to your home country. You and your boyfriend keep coming up with these visa ideas trying to get him here without having any idea what it takes. Please do yourself a favor and do more research and ask yourself HONESTLY if this is something you can do, and if you can afford it. Good luck!

Hello again! I just wanted to address a few of the points which mimolicious said...

1. I don't know if you even read the link which I was referring to but I DO think it is sad that a man was kept away from his wife as she was dying in a hospital in the USA. I also don't think there is anything wrong with being empathetic to other peoples problems, even immigrants and foreigners problems.

2. The words on our very own Statue of Liberty read "Give me your tired, your poor, Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!". They don't welcome immigrants by exclaiming: "Give us your highly educated professionals, your most beautiful models and actresses, your extraordinarily talented athletes, and a few carefully selected spouses of U.S. Citizens." This country was originally founded as a refuge for people being persecuted for their political and religious beliefs and as a place for people to build a new, better life for themselves and their families. Most of the original pilgrims who settled in the USA weren't highly educated and they didn't have important jobs. They were just ordinary Tom's, ####'s, and Harry's who wanted a new or better life. All through time, this country has been settled by the poor and the persecuted, by farmers and factory workers. My fathers grandfather emigrated from Germany as a young man. He wasn't highly educated or wealthy, he was just a regular man. He ended up settling in southern Michigan and opened a bakery which he worked in for his entire life. My great-great-great-grandfather on my mothers side was a poor farmer in Scotland. He traveled to America and ended up fighting in the Civil War. He was held as a prisoner in the Camp Sumpter prison at Andersonville and after the war the U.S. government granted him a parcel of land in Michigan as a reward for his service. He married an American woman from Illinois and lived and worked in America for the rest of his life. I suspect that many of us Americans have similar histories from our ancestors. Very few of us are descended from people who immigrated here as highly educated or wealthy people. They were people who came to the USA so they could get a good education or find a good job and earn enough money that they could provide their families with a better life. Obviously it is impossible to make generalizations about an entire group of people, but it seems like the majority of immigrants are hardworking people looking for a job, not lazy slobs who just want a handout from the American government. Also, sometimes people come into the country illegally because they have no other choice. It's not the appropriate or the best way to enter the USA but sometimes their circumstances in their home countries are so bad they have no other options. What would you do in their situation? Would you watch you children starve to death, would you let your spouse be raped and beaten or killed by soldiers, cartel members, or terrorists, would you let your family live on the streets because you can't find any job to support them, would you let your loved ones die from sickness because the living conditions are so unsanitary? Or would you do whatever was necessary to get them somewhere safer and healthier? I'm thankful that I and all of my loved ones are not in that situation but I can tell you what choice I would make in a heartbeat if I had to. As one last thing to consider on the topic of immigration, here is a quote about illegal immigration from the blog MarocMama. The author, Amanda Mouttaki, had to bring her Moroccan fiancee into the country on a K1 visa. In this quote she is talking about the difficulties she had filling out all of the paperwork: "When I returned home I began to scour the internet for everything I could find about immigration. I thought we would have to get married before we could start the process but discovered a visa called a K-1 or a fiance visa. This fit our situation perfectly. It also would make my family happy, as they would be able to meet MarocBaba before we were hitched. I never considered hiring an attorney as well frankly it wasn’t in the budget! Instead I spent a solid week sorting through the forms that we needed to file out, the documents that had to be collected and gathering the proof that we had a genuine relationship – because that’s the real test in this situation. There were forms that had to be FedEx’d from Morocco and fees, $350 just to file the application. This is the point in the process where I began to understand why people choose to come to the US through non-legal means. If I as a well educated, native English speaking, citizen had to spend so much time understanding and properly filling out these forms how in the world would someone who doesn’t speak English or isn’t able to understand all of the procedures to file paperwork correctly?" There are definitely many dangerous and terrifying things going on in the world right now but we need to be careful not to let our fear and our desire for safety destroy the diversity and the freedom to seek a better life which has been what has always made this country special!

3. You are welcome to offer any advice that you want to on the topic of visas, that is why I came to this website. However, I would thank you to refrain from commenting on my relationship. If I want relationship advice I will watch the Dr. Phil show. It is clear that you find my, and all other, internet relationships to be inferior to your "regular" one. However, I am more than happy to "settle" for my inferior long distance "dating" because my boyfriend has brought more love and joy into my life than any of the men I've met "in person". Try to remember that it is easy for you to criticize or accuse of fraud but the man you are speaking about has feelings and emotions too. He is a good, loving, hard-working man who loves his family and who loves me. He treats me with nothing but respect, kindness, and love, and I won't accept ANYONE slandering him.

4. I don't need to put on my Big Girl Panties because I have already had them on since I was 18 years old and heard that my mother was dying of stage 4 breast cancer. I am well aware of the existence of cold-hard facts in the big bad Real World. I have been living with them everyday for the last five years. Don't speak to me as though I am some kind of imbecile or naive baby. I can assure you that researching visas and worrying about how to pay for them is far more pleasant than researching un-treatable cancer and wondering if we will be able to pay for the medical treatments which might beat back my mothers cancer for a few more months. Furthermore, I don't think there is anything wrong with being positive or optimistic about a challenging situation. I have actually found that it takes far more maturity to face a challenge with grace and optimism, it is the much easier route to simply give in to negativity.

5. It is obvious that love cannot conquer all, otherwise nothing bad would ever happen to somebody's loved ones. However, I do believe that love, hard work, and mutual respect can conquer a long distance relationship. We will continue to work together towards the shared goal of being together. If we can find some way for him to get a work visa than we will do it, if we can't than we will wait until one or the other of our situations has changed enough that we can find a different way to be together. We will find a way to pay for his visa expenses and if we can't then we will wait until we have saved enough money to do so. We are aware of the difficulties which we are facing and we have made a mutual decision to deal with them together because we both feel that our relationship is worth fighting for. We know that we are strong people and we will get through this challenge together. :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Also, would it be of any help if he could find someone in Morocco to sponsor him, if needed, rather than someone in the US? Indicating that he would have to return home when the sponsorship ran out because he wouldn't be supported by anyone in the USA...

i am not aware of 'sponsorship' being a thing during the adjudication of a B1/B2 visa, at all.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Its very difficult to obtain a Tourist Visa. He has to show strong ties to Morocco for returning, Owning a home, a business is a great asset in obtaining a visitors visa.

My husband was issue 2 tourist visas to USA, he was a singer there, and had strong ties to return there. Showing them the proof of returning is only way of obtaining a visitors visa.

May be easier for you to visit him, but plan carefully.

Best wishes.

AOS in the USA.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Very well said, Mimolicious! I hope you were meaning to quote the OP, though.... My hubby has been here for a couple of years. :goofy:

But you can still put your big girl panties on....

HA.

:lol:

Edited by Inluv

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.