alygirl92

Tourist Visa from Morocco Questions (merged threads)

48 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello everyone! I'm new here, so I hope I'm on the correct forum...

My boyfriend is Moroccan and we have been dating for a year now. Last summer he tried to apply for a visa so he could come visit me and my family here in the US. He was denied though because he didn't have enough money, they said. He has a steady job and works every day! Does anyone have any idea how much money is required to apply for a travel visa from Morocco to the US? We would like to get engaged but I want him to visit my hometown and get to know my family better first so our relationship is kind of in limbo until we can either figure out how to get him a visa or give up on the idea entirely until we are married which is hardly ideal.

I just spent an hour reviewing the visa application process so I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Very simple process.

What does he do and how much does he earn?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

He works in a factory in Kenitra that makes wires for automotive companies. I'm not sure exactly what he earns, I'll have to ask him...

Timeline

So what is his job?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

He is an operator in the Delphi Kenitra factory :)

He works in the assembly line.

He also does some freelance work as a graphic designer, he wants to work full time as a graphic designer someday. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm not sure if the qualifications for a US tourist visa vary from country to country, but from what I understand, the applicant must have strong ties to his home country, such as a good and stable job, properties and other assets, and family. He must also prove that he has enough money to cover his trip (this is where a sponsor may come in handy).

Basically your boyfriend will need to convince the Consular Officer that he has really good reasons to go back to Morocco. Unfortunately, a stable job might not be enough to do that.

It might be even trickier for him since his purpose of traveling to the US is to see you, whom he is intending to get engaged to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is very difficult for a young, single, Moroccan male to get a tourist visa to the states.... Especially when he has an American girlfriend/fiancé/spouse. Your options are, K-1 fiancé visa, or marry in Morocco and apply for the CR-1 visa.

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Timeline

Thanks for the advice! :)

So what kinds of proof will they be looking for regarding ensuring he will return to Morocco? If we know what kinds of documentation, etc.. is likely to be most effective I can let him know so we can start rounding up the proof?

Also, how does he need to show that he can pay for the trip? Would an itemized budget showing all the expanses he would have on the trip and the money which he would have set aside to cover them be of any help?

In regards to the sponsor, what would be required to show that some of the expenses were being sponsored by someone in the USA? I might be able to cover a few of the expenses if needed. Also, he has a cousin who is living and working in the USA in Virginia. Would it be better for his cousin to sponsor him if he's willing or me, since they seem to be suspicious of American girlfriends?

Also would he be better off to mention me as a girlfriend and be honest about our relationship or simply not bring me and our relationship into the application at all? We just want a tourist visa not a K-1 or anything...

Timeline

No sponsor for a tourist visa.

Documentation, well he fills in the application form.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from MENA to Tourist Visa Forum~

~Inquiry about tourist visas~

~Similar/same-themed threads merged~

~Please refrain from multiple posting of similar/same themed threads~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Edited by Pitaya

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Its hard for him to get a tourist visa, especially if he will enlist you as the person who will pay the travel expenses. He needs to show strong ties to his country, Morocco.

If you guys are planning on getting engaged, then the best way would be that you travel to Morocco and spend sometime together then file for K-1.

The immigration process caused me PTSD.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I second what Azzein said. Also, with him having family here, that makes it difficult, as well. One should always be honest when dealing with the government in these situations. If he chooses to apply and is asked if he has an American girlfriend, he should be honest about it.

Has he traveled out of Morocco before?

Have you met in person yet?

01/28/2013 I-130 package sent

01/31/2013 Notice of Action Date After POE
02/01/2013 Received e-mail and text notification of acceptance
11/26/2013 Applied for SS#
02/04/2013 Received hard copy NOA1 (case not found in on-line system) 12/02/2013 ELIS site still states "accepted"
03/12/2013 Transferred to the local office 12/27/2013 received green card
04/10/2013 Case still not found in on-line system
04/15/2013 INFO-PASS appointment

05/01/2013 NOA2 sent petition approved

NVC Stage...of course it has to be complicatedreading.gifrolleyes.gif

05/09/2013 Case received by NVC

05/23/2013 Received case #'s from NVC

05/23/2013 DS-3032 sent from husband's e-mail

06/03/2013 First day I can not access payment portal

06/04/2013 AOS Fee invoiced and payment made

06/04/2013 DS-3032 resent with Supervisor Review

06/05/2013 DS-3032 acceptance e-mail

06/05/2013 AOS Fee shows "PAID"

06/06/2013 AOS package express mailed

06/07/2013 IV bill invoiced and payment made (still waiting on documents from Hubby)

06/08/2013 IV package express mailed

06/25/2013 IV reviewed - Checklist (2 errors, Birth document & date on DS-230)

06/26/2013 Requested supervisor review by e-mail & verbal request for birth document (fingers crossed)

06/27/2013 AOS accepted

06/28/2013 Checklist response sent for corrected DS-230 (I had my husband sign extra's just in-case)

08/02/2013 NVC requested a supervisor review on the checklist item over 20 business day window

08/05/2013 Case Complete!!! kicking.gif

08/27/2013 Interview Assigned

10/30/2013 Interview

11/04/2013 Pick up Passport

11/12/2013 POE @ JFK

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the advice! :)

So what kinds of proof will they be looking for regarding ensuring he will return to Morocco? If we know what kinds of documentation, etc.. is likely to be most effective I can let him know so we can start rounding up the proof?

Also, how does he need to show that he can pay for the trip? Would an itemized budget showing all the expanses he would have on the trip and the money which he would have set aside to cover them be of any help?

In regards to the sponsor, what would be required to show that some of the expenses were being sponsored by someone in the USA? I might be able to cover a few of the expenses if needed. Also, he has a cousin who is living and working in the USA in Virginia. Would it be better for his cousin to sponsor him if he's willing or me, since they seem to be suspicious of American girlfriends?

Also would he be better off to mention me as a girlfriend and be honest about our relationship or simply not bring me and our relationship into the application at all? We just want a tourist visa not a K-1 or anything...

Just Google "US tourist visa sponsorship" for information on this.

I hate to say it, but I don't think it's very likely that he will be granted a tourist visa even with a sponsorship. The Consular Officer will likely not be convinced that your boyfriend will not just stay in the US and get married.

And I agree, don't try to hide your relationship, as it will cause you more problems if they find out. I say scrap the whole tourist visa idea and have a serious talk about your other options and where you go from here.

Edited by marryingparis

Timeline

This is all so frustrating to me... Last night I was so exhausted and upset that I burst into tears. :P I'm a good American citizen and yet I can't even be visited by a person whom I love!! Everywhere you turn when dealing with any kind of visa the government is always so suspicious, like we are trying to do something illegal even though we aren't...

Anyway, is it of any help that he lives with his parents and that his income from his job helps to support his whole family? He has three younger brothers and two little sisters, he adores his youngest sister Farah. She is only three and the sweetest thing in the world. :D He also has a best friend and a cousin who is like a brother to him in Morocco. He wouldn't just go off and leave his family, he is very close with them. He also couldn't leave his job as it would be very hard for his family financially if he did! Do you think the consulate would understand or believe any of this or that it would help him to get a visa?

He has never traveled outside of the Morocco.

We haven't met in person yet, this is why we would like to spend some time together in person before taking the final step of getting engaged. I'm not able to travel to Morocco in the near future either. I am taking care of my mother who is terminally ill with stage 4 breast cancer. She needs a lot of help and I can't leave her for that long.

So if we can't figure out how to get him a Tourist Visa then we will have to be separated for another year at least, probably, without spending any time together in person. :(

Edited by alygirl92

Timeline

Also, would it be of any help if he could find someone in Morocco to sponsor him, if needed, rather than someone in the US? Indicating that he would have to return home when the sponsorship ran out because he wouldn't be supported by anyone in the USA...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.