lfl

A month after NVC, no P3

16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello,

So it's been a month since NVC sent out our file to the Embassy here and we still haven't gotten P3 =(. We're both really worried, sent emails to the Embassy but they won't respond. Status tracker says the case is Ready since the 28th of January. Is it possible that we're not gonna get this email? If so can we fill out the forms and mail them in without having received it? My fiancé never got an email on the USCIS stage either or from NVC, so we're not sure if it's a problem with his email address or what.

If anyone has any experience with this it'd be very helpful, the Embassy info says it's approximately 10 days for them to send out package 3, we're way past that by now =(. Also our NOA2 says it expires on April 16th, should we be worried about that?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I know each Embassy is different, but I didn't receive my packet 3 right away either. I ended up filling out the DS-160 form and submitting it. AS SOON as I did that (within 24 hours), I received packet 3 and next steps information from our embassy. It could have been a coincidence, but I feel like submitting that form triggered a response from our embassy.

Good luck!

AOS Journey

*Delay in filing due to typo on visa which took many calls, an InfoPass appointment, and about two months to resolve.

AOS/EAD/AP applications sent: 11/30/2016

NOA: 12/2/2016

RFE notice rec'd online: 12/21/2016

Biometrics appt. letter rec'd: 12/27/2016

RFE letter rec'd: 12/30/2016

Biometrics appointment: 1/4/2017

RFE response sent: 1/9/2017

RFE response receipt notice: 1/11/2017

Case status update text: 1/21/2017 (but no actual update available)

EAD/AP approval notice/card ordered (email and online): 2/13/2017

EAD/AP card mailed (e-notification): 2/15/2017

EAD/AP card received: 2/17/2017

Service request submitted: 7/11/2017

Service request processed: 8/4/2017

Service request response received (with no update): 8/9/2017

Interview letter received: 10/18/17

Interview appointment: 11/15/17

Approval: 11/15/17 

K1 Journey

Sent I-129F Packet: 11/25/2015
NOA1 (official date from hard copy): 12/2/2015

NOA1 e-notification: 12/3/2015

NOA2: 1/7/2016

Interview: 4/7/2016 - Approved!

Arrival: 5/30/2016 (POE Chicago O'Hare)

Marriage: 7/9/2016

Second (big) wedding: 11/12/2016

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Each time after my Fiancé and I would complete a step we were told to allow 6 weeks, some wait times were less and some were longer. I wouldn't worry about your petition deadline, my fiancé had his interview almost a month after our deadline passed. All I had to supple was an up to date statement saying we intended to marry within 90 days. Best of luck to you!

Also we never received any emails regarding our Visa, only letters in the mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

We are on the same boat too, tracker says Ready since the 28th of January and with DHL tracking trick it seems our file was received at Buenos Aires on Feb 1st. It's been way more than the 10 day average they mention. The petitioner is supposed to receive an email with P3, so try to remember if you guys provided your email address in any of the forms you submitted in the I129F, or if you gave it to NVC when you called to find out your case #. You can also call NVC (I've waited around 5 mins to speak to an agent every time I've called) and ask them to confirm the email address associated with your case #.

Let me know when you get the P3 email, looks like our files could be really close to each other =)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

I highly suggest being proactive from this point forward. Contact the consulate in your respective countries and get started on the DS160 as soon as possible. Every few days that go by mean your earliest possible interview date will slip by about 2 weeks. I wish someone had told me this when I was at this stage :)

Timeline

We are on the same boat too, tracker says Ready since the 28th of January and with DHL tracking trick it seems our file was received at Buenos Aires on Feb 1st. It's been way more than the 10 day average they mention. The petitioner is supposed to receive an email with P3, so try to remember if you guys provided your email address in any of the forms you submitted in the I129F, or if you gave it to NVC when you called to find out your case #. You can also call NVC (I've waited around 5 mins to speak to an agent every time I've called) and ask them to confirm the email address associated with your case #.

Let me know when you get the P3 email, looks like our files could be really close to each other =)

Thanks, I'll ask my fiance to call NVC, we've never called them before. I did try calling the Embassy but they told me to send an email and I haven't received any answers so far. My fiance sent an email too to tell them what his email is just in case. I'll let you know if there's any updates, so far nothing =(.

Don't worry, you should get it soon!

I waited for 1.5 months for P3. The status showed ready in like 3 days after NVC. but in reality it was probably flying somewhere around. NVC contacted and they confirmed having sent the papers out to embassy straight away.... Embassy contacted 3 times and their answer was "not received yet".. But in the end I got it!!

Just do the medical meanwhile and DS160, while waiting.

Good luck on your journey!

Timeline

My fiance called and they do have his email on the case, so apparently it's just being slow. I'll start working on the medical and DS160 :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello,

So it's been a month since NVC sent out our file to the Embassy here and we still haven't gotten P3 =(. We're both really worried, sent emails to the Embassy but they won't respond. Status tracker says the case is Ready since the 28th of January. Is it possible that we're not gonna get this email? If so can we fill out the forms and mail them in without having received it? My fiancé never got an email on the USCIS stage either or from NVC, so we're not sure if it's a problem with his email address or what.

If anyone has any experience with this it'd be very helpful, the Embassy info says it's approximately 10 days for them to send out package 3, we're way past that by now =(. Also our NOA2 says it expires on April 16th, should we be worried about that?

Hi,

I've been diving in the forum the whole time; yet decided to jump out here because this is exacting what's happening with our case.

Our case was received by the Montreal Consulate on Jan 27th, so it's been more than a month now, still no P3.... Sigh. -_-

I received a letter from the Embassy on Feb 13th, asking me to submit proof of status in Canada (due to the fact that I'm a Chinese citizen on a Canadian work permit). So I submitted that via email on Feb 16th, waited for a week, then asked them if they've received it---they said they did not. I re-submitted it the same day, emailed them again the next day (Feb 23) to check if they got it, and if they could send out my P3 in email. This time they received the document, but the reply was basically a very polite version of "stop bugging us and just wait"--- it says "Yes we have received your email. We would be very happy to advise you when there is a new update."

Well, I was so appealed by the suggestion above, which suggests that we go ahead and send in a DS-160; but I'm just worried they would get real annoyed, and decided to put aside my case for even longer.

So what did you guys do in the end?

Edited by wzsun

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

We finally received P3 as a response to an email I sent 5 business days before (they didn't draft a new message contacting us with P3, they just responded to my email and attached P3). Looks like the Buenos Aires Embassy is taking significantly longer than the average 10 days from receiving the case to contacting people with P3. Also expect more delays since President Obama is visiting Argentina March 23-24 and they won't be scheduling interview appointments for the whole week (21-25). Luckily Obama's trip overlaps with Semana Santa holiday (the week preceding Easter), so no more delays *should* be expected on top of that :) .

Wzsun, we filled and submitted the DS-160 form before receiving P3, but I don't think it really made any difference in terms of speeding up the process. From reading other posts in this forum, people that have received letters from the NVC with their case number mention that the beneficiary can complete the DS-160 form while they wait to be contacted by the Embassy or Consulate where they will be interviewed, so I don't think completing the DS-160 form before receiving P3 would annoy them.

Edited by lapa3

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

We finally received P3 as a response to an email I sent 5 business days before (they didn't draft a new message contacting us with P3, they just responded to my email and attached P3). Looks like the Buenos Aires Embassy is taking significantly longer than the average 10 days from receiving the case to contacting people with P3. Also expect more delays since President Obama is visiting Argentina March 23-24 and they won't be scheduling interview appointments for the whole week (21-25). Luckily Obama's trip overlaps with Semana Santa holiday (the week preceding Easter), so no more delays *should* be expected on top of that :) .

Wzsun, we filled and submitted the DS-160 form before receiving P3, but I don't think it really made any difference in terms of speeding up the process. From reading other posts in this forum, people that have received letters from the NVC with their case number mention that the beneficiary can complete the DS-160 form while they wait to be contacted by the Embassy or Consulate where they will be interviewed, so I don't think completing the DS-160 form before receiving P3 would annoy them.

Hi there,

So I got an email from the Embassy yesterday, right after I sent you this message! What a coincidence! lol Yeah same thing here, they just responded to my previous email.

Anyway, yayyyy! And good luck to you guys! Now we'll just wait for the next process, and hopefully p4 comes in shortly (fingers crossed).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.