RC86

N652 A decision cannot yet be made about your application.

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi everyone, I just passed my citizenship test yesterday everything was fine. I signed two papers I also signed on my Photographs.

then I got this checked:

you passed the tests of English .....

USCIS, will send you a written decision your application
B) A decision cannot yet be made about your application.

No idea why did I get this instead of congratulation checked. really worried about it.

i singed two papers and photos, does it mean a good sign?

I asked the IO why is this, she just told me after a decision is made you will get mail you.

I passed, what else she need? if anything was wrong why didn't she tell me?

please help me out if know anything about this kind of situation.

Filed: Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Did IO asked you any document or evidence that she needs to see? Is there form N-14 issued to you? Did you mention anything about what she needs to review?

Under any case, check your case status online and it might say "Initial Evidence Requested". If so, you need to wait for the N-14 and reply to the request promptly.

Normally, the decision can not be made if the evidence is required or the background check hasn't finalized yet at the time of the interview or the IO needs to read more about your case and your travel history; etc.

No. IO did not ask for anything, everything is clean with me. I have no idea why I got this. I asked her why is this? she is very grumpy, just told me they will mail me a decision, if i do not get anything in 120 days I can contact them.

Filed: Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Have you signup / register with USCIS Case Status online? If not, sign up an account and select to receive "Text / Email" alerts for your case.

If Form N-14 is issued, it will most likely (but not always) gets updated online. Even with the alerts, you should keep checking your online case status everyday or so since people have mentioned they don't receive text alerts or emails sometimes.

I understand your frustration but there is nothing you can do at this time other than wait and see.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from US Citizenship main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hungary
Timeline

This happens frequently. You have nothing to worry about. I got the same on my interview day. Most likely it was a junior IO and their supervisor has to double-check before it can be approved (they are not authorized to give approval on their own authority yet).

Entry on VWP to visit then-boyfriend 06/13/2011

Married 06/24/2011

Our first son was born 10/31/2012, our daughter was born 06/30/2014, our second son was born 06/20/2017

AOS Timeline

AOS package mailed 09/06/2011 (Chicago Lockbox)

AOS package signed for by R Mercado 09/07/2011

Priority date for I-485&I-130 09/08/2011

Biometrics done 10/03/2011

Interview letter received 11/18/2011

INTERVIEW DATE!!!! 12/20/2011

Approval e-mail 12/21/2011

Card production e-mail 12/27/2011

GREEN CARD ARRIVED 12/31/2011

Resident since 12/21/2011

ROC Timeline

ROC package mailed to VSC 11/22/2013

NOA1 date 11/26/2013

Biometrics date 12/26/2013

Transfer notice to CSC 03/14/2014

Change of address 03/27/2014

Card production ordered 04/30/2014

10-YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED 05/06/2014

N-400 Timeline

N-400 package mailed 09/30/2014

N-400 package delivered 10/01/2014

NOA1 date 10/20/2014

Biometrics date 11/14/2014

Early walk-in biometrics 11/12/2014

In-line for interview 11/23/2014

Interview letter 03/18/2015

Interview date 04/17/2015 ("Decision cannot yet be made.")

In-line for oath scheduling 05/04/2015

Oath ceremony letter dated 05/11/2015

Oath ceremony 06/02/2015

I am a United States citizen!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE: I just check my online status, it is updated, it says my Oath ceremony notice was mailed. So happy and feeling relieved. Bit unusual that it was updated on Saturday, I did not know they work on Saturday. As I check every night, last checked Friday night no changes, checked again on Saturday night, it says oath letter was mailed. I verified by calling automated service said the same that oath letter was sent. Thank everyone for your time, your kind words made me feel better.

Hope someone who gets in same boat can see it and wont be so disappointed.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That is so nerve wracking to go through what you went through - waiting indefinitely, not knowing the reason for not being approved immediately, being in the dark for who knows how long - I am so glad it got resolved quickly for you and everything went smoothly!

I wish you knew why there was a delay but I guess you will never know.

CR1 / CR2 Visa:

(Day 1) 12/16/11: I-130 Application sent

(Day 283) 09/24/12: Interview at US Consulate – Approved!

(Day 287) 09/28/12: Visa Received & Immediately entered US using Visa

(Day 290) 10/01/12: Social Security Card sent automatically

Removal of Conditions CR1 / CR2
(Day 1) 07/28/14: Application sent.
(Day 135) 12/10/14: ROC Approved!
(Day 143) 12/18/14: 10 year GC received (IR1 / IR2)

Naturalization:
(Day 1) 06/30/15: Application sent.
(Day 210) 01/26/16: Interview and Oath Ceremony. DONE!

***Son and I became US Citizens 01/26/16***

(Day 1) 01/27/16: Applied for my U.S. Passport
(Day 14) 02/10/16: Passport Book & Cert of Naturalization received

(Day 1) 03/16/16: Applied for U.S. Passport for son

(Day 22) 04/07/16: Passport book and original docs received...(Card rec'd 04/16/16)

N-600 for child age 9
(Day 1) 01/27/16: Application sent

(Day 12) 02/08/16: NOA received

(Day 23) 02/19/16: Case received at local office

(Day 88) 04/23/16: In line for oath scheduling *Called USCIS to inquire about why there is an oath required for a child under 14. They sent a service request to the field office.

(Day 95) 04/30/16: Received letter from field office to say no oath necessary and that they would mail the certificate.
(Day 106) 05/11/16: Cert of Citizenship received by registered mail (they never sent tracking. case status was never updated either)

• 2 months later...

USCIS Tampa Field Office - In the same or similar boat

April 12, 2016 - I had a Naturalization interview and test at the USCIS Tampa Field Office

Following the Test & Interview, I received an Interview Results Form N-652 with two check marks.

1.) You will have another opportunity to be tested on your knowledge of U.S. history and government.

2). (in section B) A decision cannot be made about your application.

I was also told that I would be contacted in (either) 90 days or before 90 days (not sure which).

April 25, 2016 I went to the “Case Status Online” and found the following information:

Case is in line for an interview.

On April 13, 2016 we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400 Application for Naturalization.

We will send you an interview notice.

Note: The above Apr 13, 2016 Case Status Online was posted (1) one day after my Apr 12, 2016 test & Interview.

My question is:

1.) is this bad news and is there cause for alarm?

2.) Will this be a second repeat Test & Interview?

3.) Has anyone else experienced a similar notification at the Tampa Field Office or elsewhere?

Comment: I would have thought that after sending the N-400 to the Texas Regional office and when they finally gave it their OK and forwarded it to the Tampa Field Office, that everything would have been scrutinized and all in order.

At the Tampa Field Office test and interview, they spent a lot of time questioning why my last name was not the same as my husband. I explained to them that I elected to make the name change in the

N-400 packet that we sent to the Texas Regional office indicating the change preference and signing and dating that page. We have been married for seven years that was verified by the marriage document included with the packet. I don’t get it, are the Texas and Tampa office not on the same page?

Filed: Country: Kenya
Timeline

April 12, 2016 - I had a Naturalization interview and test at the USCIS Tampa Field Office

Following the Test & Interview, I received an Interview Results Form N-652 with two check marks.

1.) You will have another opportunity to be tested on your knowledge of U.S. history and government.

I was also told that I would be contacted in (either) 90 days or before 90 days (not sure which).

April 25, 2016 I went to the “Case Status Online” and found the following information:

On April 13, 2016 we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400 Application for Naturalization.

Note: The above Apr 13, 2016 Case Status Online was posted (1) one day after my Apr 12, 2016 test & Interview.

My question is:

3.) Has anyone else experienced a similar notification at the Tampa Field Office or elsewhere?

Comment: I would have thought that after sending the N-400 to the Texas Regional office and when they finally gave it their OK and forwarded it to the Tampa Field Office, that everything would have been scrutinized and all in order.

At the Tampa Field Office test and interview, they spent a lot of time questioning why my last name was not the same as my husband. I explained to them that I elected to make the name change in the

N-400 packet that we sent to the Texas Regional office indicating the change preference and signing and dating that page. We have been married for seven years that was verified by the marriage document included with the packet. I don’t get it, are the Texas and Tampa office not on the same page?

It seems like you failed the U.S. history and government. test questions. If you fail the first time, you are scheduled a second time, That is what box number 1 means.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

April 25, 2016 I went to the Case Status Online and found the following information:

My question is:

N-400 packet that we sent to the Texas Regional office indicating the change preference and signing and dating that page. We have been married for seven years that was verified by the marriage document included with the packet. I dont get it, are the Texas and Tampa office not on the same page?

The Texas office just receives your application and accepts your payment and makes sure you didn't apply too early.

Then the application goes to a processing center in Missouri called the national benefits center. That's where your biometrics check is arranged and the FBI check is requested.

Up to this point, no one has looked at your application in detail to decide if you are eligible for citizenship. That's the job of the local field office and that's why you have an interview. If you qualify, you'll be approved. If it's found that you don't meet the requirements (for example if you spent too much time abroad) then your application will be denied. In this case you'll have to reapply when you are eligible.

If you are eligible, but you fail the civics or language checks, you won't be denied, but will be given a second chance at a second interview. If you fail again, your application will be denied.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Syria
Timeline

Hi I want to know about my citizen . I passed my citizen. But they told me we will decison your file .and send a letter . I did not get any . how many time I have to waite ?

Hi I want to know about my citizen . I passed my citizen. But they told me we will decison your file .and send a letter . I did not get any . how many time I have to wait ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.