Chris&Olivia

I-129F February 2016 Filers

3,803 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hey guys! Glad things are moving along for everyone finally!!

I know NVC has to say it will take up to 6 weeks for them to receive our case...I'm just wondering if it's actually taken anyone that long?? I'm hoping they receive ours sooner than that lol..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I know NVC has to say it will take up to 6 weeks for them to receive our case...I'm just wondering if it's actually taken anyone that long?? I'm hoping they receive ours sooner than that lol..

It takes about 3 weeks from NOA2 received date........in order from them to have the case # for you

I-129F Sent : 2016-02-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2016-02-11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our NOA2 was also approved yesterday. On to NVC!

Congrats! :dancing: One step closer to being with your loved one :)

It doesn't always take 6 weeks. I believe if you call them 3 weeks after you receive your NOA2 then they usually have it :)

K1 visa process

2016-02-07: I-129f sent;
2016-02-12: I-129f text received;
2016-04-06: (54 days): NOA2 :dancing:;
2016-04-11: NOA2 hardcopy;
2016-04-25: NVC received;
2016-04-26: Case number received;
2016-05-11: Medical Appointment at Knightsbridge medical, London;

2016-06-24: K1 interview at US embassy in London --> Approved! :dancing:;

2016-08-04: POE at Atlanta airport;
2016-08-22: Got married;

Filing for AOS, EAD and AP from K1 visa

2016-09-09: Filed for AOS;
2016-09-11: AOS package delivered at PO box in Chicago;

2016-09-19: Texts and e-mails received for AOS, EAD and AP;

2016-10-01: Received biometrics appointment notice letter - Appointment has been made for 2016-10-11;

2016-10-11: Biometrics appointment;

2016-11-03: Received approval for AP and EAD;

2016-11-18: Received EAD/AP combo card :dancing:;
2016-11-29: I-485 (AOS) approval date :dancing: ;
2016-12-03: Received I-485 approval notice letter;
2016-12-05: Received a notification that my card is mailed to me;
2016-12-07: Received my Permanent Resident card :dancing:;

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I hope everyone gets their notice soon! Congrats to everyone who has gotten their NOA2 and case numbers this week, there seems to be quite a few which is awesome.

So just a random question, because I'm putting together our interview papers (and I'm bored). What is everyone using to take their papers in for their interview? A binder, file folder, etc?

K1 Fiancée Visa

2016/02/02: I-129F Mailed Out.

2016/02/10: NOA1 Text Received.

2016/04/07: NOA2 Text Received.

2016/04/27: NVC Case# Received.

2016/05/17: Packet 4 Received. (Packet 3 was skipped)

2016/05/30: Medical in Vancouver.
2016/06/22: Interview in Montreal.

2016/06/28: Administrative Processing.

2016/06/29: Visa Issued.

2016/07/08: Visa in hand.

2016/07/09: POE in Calgary.

2016/08/16: Married!

AOS Process

2016/10/01: Sent in AOS Package.

2016/10/17: NOA Text Received.

2016/10/28: Biometrics Appointment Letter.

2016/11/08: Biometrics Appointment.

2016/12/16: Form I-131 (Travel) and EAD Approved.

2017/03/02: Form I-485 Approved.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

I am SOOOO UPSET with my lawyer. We have received our RFE and it's missing a BIRTH CERTIFICATE & PASSPORT!!! How can they miss a vital part? :(

Sulking in disappointment. I can't help but write him a letter of dissatisfaction. I hope he won't mess up our case now. I did word it very nicely. I also said that I'd like to restore my faith in his company.

If only I can get a refund. I'm gonna be researching everything myself and double checking his work from now on!!!! GRRRR

Edited by jozelle26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

hello guys,

We just got our hard copy of REF. We need help from each one has any idea or had the same REF.

Our REF is about requirement that petitioner and beneficiary have met in person:

we have to establish that petitioner and beneficiary met in person or have been in each other physical at any time during the last 2 years.

- Circumstances of meeting:

submit information regarding the circumstances under which you and beneficiary met to establish the relationship.

- International broker marriage:

Our evidence to prove we have met in person and ongoing relationship communication:

* We have submitted lots of pictures of us and beneficiary family in our trip in his home. * All tickets and boarding passes of our journey. * All receipts of hotels, care rent, the engagement ring. *additionally to our chi chat through what'sapp, skype, sms and log of calls.

Regarding of IMB point, we have already contacted the customer service and sent to us an email that it's not an international broker website additionally to that we are going to print out the terms and condition together.

we are just confused what else we could send to them to prove that we met in person after 2 trips together within less than 7 months.

your help guys, we appreciate it in advanced

Edited by MA & SY

hello guys,

We just got our hard copy of REF. We need help from each one has any idea or had the same REF.

Our REF is about requirement that petitioner and beneficiary have met in person:

we have to establish that petitioner and beneficiary met in person or have been in each other physical at any time during the last 2 years.

- Circumstances of meeting:

submit information regarding the circumstances under which you and beneficiary met to establish the relationship.

- International broker marriage:

Our evidence to prove we have met in person and ongoing relationship communication:

* We have submitted lots of pictures of us and beneficiary family in our trip in his home. * All tickets and boarding passes of our journey. * All receipts of hotels, care rent, the engagement ring. *additionally to our chi chat through what'sapp, skype, sms and log of calls.

Regarding of IMB point, we have already contacted the customer service and sent to us an email that it's not an international broker website additionally to that we are going to print out the terms and condition together.

we are just confused what else we could send to them to prove that we met in person after 2 trips together within less than 7 months.

your help guys, we appreciate it in advanced

I'd make a word document detailing first how you met online, at website x, with date, explaining is not an imb and adding their email reply and terms of condition.

Then would briefly explain how the relationship evolved from meeting online til meeting in person. At this point I'd add screenshots, Skype logs, messages, etc.

Then to explain when, where and how you met in person. In this part put the boarding passes, tickets, passport stamps,, credit card statements from both, pictures of you two together, etc. I'd label everything, writing in bold what it is. Ex: John smith (petitioner) and Jane doe (beneficiary) at the beach in Miami, Florida. 10/02/2015.

At this point you have almost to draw for them, making it super easy for them to understand you have met within the last 2 years. Also put as much documentation as possible, seeing as pictures are only secondary evidence.

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Got our case number today!!! One step closer!

Pamela the U.S. Petitioner

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

K-1 Visa Journey AOS Journey

Feb 09, 2016: Sent I-129f to Dallas Lockbox Nov 21, 2016: Sent AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

Feb 11, 2016: Dallas Lockbox Received I-129f (sent to CSC)

Feb 17, 2016: Received NOA1 Email

Feb 22, 2016: Received NOA1 Hard Copy

Mar 09, 2016: Received Vaccinations

Apr 11, 2016: Received RFE Email

Apr 18, 2016: Received RFE Hard Copy

Apr 18, 2016: Sent Reply for RFE

Apr 19, 2016: CSC Received RFE Reply

May 11, 2016: Received NOA2 Email (85 days)

May 16, 2016: Received NOA2 Hardcopy

Jun 02, 2016: NVC Received our Case

Jun 03, 2016: Received Case Number

Jun 06, 2016: Medical

Jun 07, 2016: Case Left NVC for Embassy

Jun 09, 2016: Embassy Received Case "Ready"

Aug 02, 2016: Interview!!! APPROVED!!!!!

Aug 18, 2016: Visa Issued

Aug 25, 2016: POE JFK New York City

Aug 26, 2016: MARRIED!! :wub: (L) :dancing:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am SOOOO UPSET with my lawyer. We have received our RFE and it's missing a BIRTH CERTIFICATE & PASSPORT!!! How can they miss a vital part? :(

Sulking in disappointment. I can't help but write him a letter of dissatisfaction. I hope he won't mess up our case now. I did word it very nicely. I also said that I'd like to restore my faith in his company.

If only I can get a refund. I'm gonna be researching everything myself and double checking his work from now on!!!! GRRRR

What I have noticed is that people who hired lawyers to process their K1 took way longer to get approved then the one who did it themselves, do you think USCIS is against or does not like people who uses Lawyer?

Timeline

They want both or one or the other? If they asked for both, that's odd.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

After 122 days and an RFE we got our NO2 this morning! words can't even express the happiness felt right now. This forum has been such a God send the last few months of what seemed like endless waiting. Can't wait to get started on the next step!

Timeline

Got our case number today!!! One step closer!

WOW!!! Congrats to you guys!

After 122 days and an RFE we got our NO2 this morning! words can't even express the happiness felt right now. This forum has been such a God send the last few months of what seemed like endless waiting. Can't wait to get started on the next step!

That's Great News!!! COngrats to you guys.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.