MASH

February 2016 AOS Filers

2,760 posts in this topic

<p>

I've never heard of any cases of EAD/AP being filed at the same time and not receiving a combo card. Has anyone ever heard of anyone receiving the AP and EAD cards separately?

I faxed my response with job offer letter this morning. Here is the current status. What does "completed" mean?

Case History

• 05/09/2016

sign_icon.png

On May 9, 2016, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXX, was completed.

• 05/09/2016

sign_icon.png

On May 9, 2016, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXXXX

• 04/28/2016

sign_icon.png

On April 28, 2016, your request to have your case expedited, referral number XXXXXXXXXX, was assigned to an officer for response.

There are alot of people that filed AP/EAD together and received a letter for AP and a card for EAD. Not everyone that files EAD/AP receives a combo card.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Nothing in the mail yet for me either. Approval notice for AP on April 28th...no card yet - and no updates on the website.

No EAD in the mail here, also. And no updates online since "Case approved" on April 26th.

Hi all,

We received our interview notice today. For anyone who had an RFE it delayed our timeline by a few weeks but after they received our response things seemed to be back on track again!

2/1/2016: sent away AOS package

2/12/2016: Receipt notices PD 2/9

3/7/2016: biometrics notice

3/14/2016: request for evidence

3/21/2016: biometrics

4/12/2016: RFE response received

4/28 case ready to be scheduled for interview

5/9/2016: interview scheduled for June 9th

Question - does anyone know how soon you can travel after the interview? I've read they can stamp your passport so you can travel immediately but looking for a way to verify this. Anyone have any insight?

Edited by LFergu

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!

just checked the mail and i got my approval for EAD/AP

this is so amazing , visajourney was right lol

its weird that the site is not updating properlly as the letter i got said i was approved for both on may 4th so i recommend to people who has not got the letter yet to just wait for it to come in the mail :)

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

its weird that the site is not updating properlly as the letter i got said i was approved for both on may 4th so i recommend to people who has not got the letter yet to just wait for it to come in the mail :)

Omg! Finally hear your good news! I have been praying for your EAD everyday. Now it finally come true! Congratulations!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

wow congrats MASH!!!!! :dance::dance:

I'm soooo glad you finally got your combo card in the mail, let the job hunting begin!!

K1:
01/02/2013 - Sent I-129f
01/08/2013 - NOA1
06/25/2013 - NOA2
07/19/2013 - Sent to NVC
07/30/2013 - Left NVC
08/02/2013 - Case number received
08/26/2013 - Medical
09/12/2013 - Interview - Approved
09/18/2013 - Visa in hand
10/01/2013 - POE Miami
11/23/2013 - Marriage
AOS:
02/16/2016 - AOS, EAD filed
02/22/2016 - AOS and EAD NOA1
02/29/2016 - NOA1 hard copies
03/04/2016 - Received Biometrics letter
03/18/2016 - Biometrics appointment

04/18/2016 - EAD approved

04/23/2016 - EAD/AP card delivered

04/29/2016 - Applied for SSN

04/27/2016 - AOS approved

05/02/2016 - Welcome letter/NOA2 delivered

06/10/2016 - 45 days later my 10 year Green card has finally been delivered!!

07/06/2016 - 9 & 1/2 weeks later SSN is delivered

IiqKm5.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Great!!! You can get a job and move out. I hope you find a job really soon.

My online status also never changed. Supposedly my case has not been touched since February 16, but I got the approval letter for my I-131 last week.

AOS

Spoiler

Feb. 4 2016: Mailed package to Chicago lockbox

Feb. 8 2016: AOS received by Chicago lockbox
Feb. 15 2016: NOA1 email

Feb. 26 2016: NOA1 hard copies

Feb. 29 2016: Biometrics letter

Mar. 7 2016: Biometrics done

Mar. 15 2016: RFIE for I-485 email

Mar. 29 2016: Response to RFIE was received

Apr. 8 2016: Second RFIE

Apr. 20 2016: Response to RFIE was received

Apr. 28 2016: AP approved

May 6 2016: Interview notice

May 23 2016: AP hard copy

June 13 2016: Interview, approved!! Online status changed to My Card Is Being Produced

June 14 2016: Online status changed to My Case Was Approved

June 17 2016: Online status changed to My Card Was Mailed To Me

June 18 2016: Green card received

ROC

Spoiler

Mar. 19, 2018: Mailed I-751 to CSC

Mar. 20, 2018: I-751 delivered to CSC

Mar. 26 2018: NOA date

Mar. 30, 2018: Received NOA

May 11, 2018: Reuse of biometrics notice date

April 23, 2019: Case approved

April 30, 2019: Card received

Naturalization

Sept. 25, 2020: submitted N-400 online (Estimated Case Completion: May 2021 (8 months))

Oct. 3, 2020: NOA received by mail

Apr. 17, 2021: biometrics re-use letter 

May 3, 2021: interview scheduled for June 4

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Great news MASH!

Happy for you!!

???

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Well it was about time ...lol...it's a pleasant feeling receiving their mail with a notification...I can only imagine your excitement finding it by surprise. Now on to the next step. Congrats :dancing:

Timeline

Omg! Finally hear your good news! I have been praying for your EAD everyday. Now it finally come true! Congratulations!

wow congrats MASH!!!!! :dance::dance:

I'm soooo glad you finally got your combo card in the mail, let the job hunting begin!!

Great!!! You can get a job and move out. I hope you find a job really soon.

My online status also never changed. Supposedly my case has not been touched since February 16, but I got the approval letter for my I-131 last week.

Great news MASH!

Happy for you!!

???

Well it was about time ...lol...it's a pleasant feeling receiving their mail with a notification...I can only imagine your excitement finding it by surprise. Now on to the next step. Congrats :dancing:

Thanks to all of you :), this is such a amazing feeling

It's crazy cause I moved over the weekend to my husbands aunts house as the mother was just to much for me and my husband but now looks like we will be moving very soon again to our own place and finally start living life <3

but I heard the EAD/AP wont work for me till I have the actual card in my hand, is this true? if that is true how long does it normally take to get the card

not that I mind waiting anymore cause now I live somewhere were I have support, his aunt is so amazing that I wish she was my mother-in-law <3

life is great right now :)

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Timeline

How is everyones day going :)

I hope everyone has amazing news today about there application or anything about there life in general :)

I feel so happy today not just what came in the mail but the support I get on visajourney and the people I am staying with <3

Edited by MASH

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Thanks to all of you :), this is such a amazing feeling

It's crazy cause I moved over the weekend to my husbands aunts house as the mother was just to much for me and my husband but now looks like we will be moving very soon again to our own place and finally start living life <3

but I heard the EAD/AP wont work for me till I have the actual card in my hand, is this true? if that is true how long does it normally take to get the card

not that I mind waiting anymore cause now I live somewhere were I have support, his aunt is so amazing that I wish she was my mother-in-law <3

life is great right now :)

I got my card 6 days after the approval notice online so around 4 days I think.

Hold onto your hat its going to be a bumpy ride!!

but don't worry you'll get through it :luv:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

When u get approved for AP only, you dont get a card instead you get a letter. Now if you get approved for EAD and AP at the same time, you get a combo card(EAD, that can be used as AP too). So yes, a lot of people have gotten AP approved before EAD and they received a letter which you can travel with. When your EAD is approval, you will get a card just for your EAD.

That is interesting. So the 797 approval I received more than a week ago for AP says "the document will be mailed separately".

I had a service request email from uscis today and have an info pass appointment first thing tomorrow morning for my EAD. The most frustrating part of this whole process is that I am unable to work and have an income. I've been working here on a visa for the past 4 years and haven't left the US for over 3 years. I have a social, paid taxes etc and cannot accept a new job I was offered until I get this EAD...extremely frustrating.

Has anyone had experience with an info pass meeting?

Arrived on P1 Visa - 2012

Married USC - 1/20/16

Filed I-485/130/131/765 - 2/16/16

NOA1 - 2/19/16

Biometrics Appt - 3/17/16 (Successful Walk-in 3/7/16)

RFE - 3/18/16

Service request for EAD due to job offer - 4/28/16

AP - Approval notice 4/28/16

6/20 - EAD/AP card received (finally)

8/15 - interview scheduled for 9/23

8/22 - interview canceled

11/2 - interview rescheduled for 12/7

11/14 - interview canceled (AGAIN!!!!)

Timeline

I got my card 6 days after the approval notice online so around 4 days I think.

YAY CONGRATS ON IT AGAIN :)

I'm sure I'll be getting mine pretty soon then ;)

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

its weird that the site is not updating properlly as the letter i got said i was approved for both on may 4th so i recommend to people who has not got the letter yet to just wait for it to come in the mail

finally!!! So happy for u girl.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.