Emilythorne

Blonde asian

31 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, i just realized that i am blonde! and we are filing AOS soon that means i need to have my passport photos taken! ugh! it was such a long process getting blonde hair! I have always been very experimental with my hair and i am still enjoying being blonde at the moment so dyeing it back to dark is a sad sad scenario (if ever)!

Can anyone tell me or know for sure if being asian with a Blonde hair is a big deal or a no no on a Passport Photos to be submitted for the US Government to keep in their file?

Oh my gosh! i never thought i would i have to ask this kind of question! :D

Please please share your thoughts and experience (if any) specially asian ladies out there. Thank you so much! :)

Adjusting from B1/B2 Visa:

07/01/2015 - Arrived at San Francisco (b1/b2)

10/28/2015 - Ended our 9 years of dating and got hitched.

Our Never ending Visa/Immigration Journey begins:

06/06/2016 - AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FEDEX

06/18/2016 - NOA 1 (receipt)

07/15/2016 - Biometrics

07/25/2016 - RFE (for I-864 joint sponsor)

09/07/2016 - Responded to RFIE

​09/09/2016 - USCIS will received our Docs (as per USPS, no update yet)

09/12/2016 - Infopass for 8am to Request for Expedited I-131 (Request APPROVED base on USCIS website)

Timeline

lol.. I can relate to that, I was so worried when my hair was red during the interview! Well, the CO didn't seem to care.

In your case, yeah that will be seem strange to have your photo on your official docs that will be permanent for awhile specially if the photo ID needs to declare color of hair :) My suggestion, use your older photos taken before you turn blonde :idea:

Actually I printed several 2x2 photos to take with me for future use.

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

No problem. I had different hairstyles and colors when submitted K-1 visa and AoS. They don't care what hair color you have. What they do care that you tell nothing but all truth.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from Off Topic forum to General Immigration Discussion. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

Generally, if you can still be identified from the photo in your visa application, you will not need to submit a new photo. For example, growing a beard or coloring your hair would not generally be considered a significant change of appearance.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/general/photos.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

not submit anything yet? Cool !!

Uncle Darnell Say ---

Wear a Wig !

----

administrivia -

Hey ! Since yer back and asking pertinent questions,

please make time, from a PC, to update yer Official VJ timeline,

over at

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=220794

Thanks so much, and Thanks in Advance !

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

lol.. I can relate to that, I was so worried when my hair was red during the interview! Well, the CO didn't seem to care.

In your case, yeah that will be seem strange to have your photo on your official docs that will be permanent for awhile specially if the photo ID needs to declare color of hair :) My suggestion, use your older photos taken before you turn blonde :idea:

Actually I printed several 2x2 photos to take with me for future use.

Oh, thank you for that!

That's the problem i did not bring any old 2x2's with me when i came. :/ i am thinking of buying those hair chalk maybe it could be useful for that day of getting my 2x2's taken. haha

Yes, that's one thing i love being here in America, most people doesn't seem to care whatever your hair color is (it's like a judgement free zone, do whatever you want!) but not everywhere though. :)

For the interview i am not sure if i will still be this blond (I'm actually really blonde like almost platinum blonde at the moment) i might change my mood again and maybe go darker or ombre. LOL The struggle is real!

07/15/2016 - Biometrics

09/12/2016 - Infopass for 8am to Request for Expedited I-131 (Request APPROVED base on USCIS website)

Timeline

not submit anything yet? Cool !!

Uncle Darnell Say ---

Wear a Wig !

----

administrivia -

Hey ! Since yer back and asking pertinent questions,

please make time, from a PC, to update yer Official VJ timeline,

over at

Thanks so much, and Thanks in Advance !

As much as i would like to wait a bit more longer! but can't! i am so bored i need to do something soon or else Homesickness will kick in and i might shave off all my hair! lol it's not easy to be "undocumented" at the moment! Filing those papers very soon is really a must!

I'll update my timeline soon since we have not yet sent out our forms there's nothing much to put yet. :)

07/15/2016 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Color of hair is not important. I would put down your natural color for hair color on the form.

I have passport and ID photos in a variety of hair colors, none of them my natural shade.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

No problem. I had different hairstyles and colors when submitted K-1 visa and AoS. They don't care what hair color you have. What they do care that you tell nothing but all truth.

Thank you! i also did some research last night and they said that YES hair color is not an issue. just put your natural hair color when/if there's a question in the forms you need to fill. They said it is actually the face that is most important and should be clear in the photos. :)

as for me, since i am unsure whether i want my hair blonde in the photos i will be submitting, i might have to just put my hair in a pony tail so it will not show so much blonde hair and since i already have dark roots showing it should be fine for the photos or just buy those Hair chalk! :idea:

Thanks everyone for the sharing your thoughts and answers! (F)

07/15/2016 - Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

As much as i would like to wait a bit more longer! but can't! i am so bored i need to do something soon or else Homesickness will kick in and i might shave off all my hair! lol it's not easy to be "undocumented" at the moment! Filing those papers very soon is really a must!

I'll update my timeline soon since we have not yet sent out our forms there's nothing much to put yet. :)

well, did you file yet, or no ?

if yes, there's a biometrics appointment, where you get fingerprints taken plus a new photo. Wear a wig on that day.

You can easily find used wigs at estate sales, garage sales, thrift shops in your area, if you know how to look.

as to updating yer timeline? MY God! Not even any K-1 data !! Boo !!! If I knew her number, I'd call yer Mum and complain !

Seriously - get a wig. You could even borrow one...

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Or just get one of those temporary rinses that wash out in 3 or 4 shampoos and get new photos made. Then you can be back to blonde again!

"Wherever you go, you take yourself with you." --Neil Gaiman

Timeline

well, did you file yet, or no ?

if yes, there's a biometrics appointment, where you get fingerprints taken plus a new photo. Wear a wig on that day.

You can easily find used wigs at estate sales, garage sales, thrift shops in your area, if you know how to look.

as to updating yer timeline? MY God! Not even any K-1 data !! Boo !!! If I knew her number, I'd call yer Mum and complain !

Seriously - get a wig. You could even borrow one...

Not yet. We are filling forms as of the moment and waiting for our co-sponsor to gather all his Taxes etc. then i still need to do my medical next week. That is why I'm asking about the 2x2 photos because we need that as well for this AOS Packet right? :P

I just updated my timeline hopefully ill be up to date once we sent out our forms. Pls. don't call my momma she will Spank me! :crying: LOL just kidding. :) Thanks for Booing.. :rofl:(L)

07/15/2016 - Biometrics

Timeline

Or just get one of those temporary rinses that wash out in 3 or 4 shampoos and get new photos made. Then you can be back to blonde again!

Will definitely consider that! :) Thanks! cheers mate. : )

07/15/2016 - Biometrics

Applying for my US DL it asks what color is your hair.........................I shave whats left of my hair daily, hmmmmm color?

Last ime I saw any it was brown, but at 52 I imagine its gray

I put blonde just to be radical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.