Fess up!

187 posts in this topic

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

It's actually pretty stupid. Lance had only won the first Tour de France and he was doing endorsements for one of our client's at the ad agency I worked for. I live in Austin and so does he...so he walks into the agency one day so we can go over some future ad work for our client. I'm sitting in the meeting with the president, our media director, Lance and our clients.

We got to the media training part of the meeting and when Lance found out that he was going to have to get media training he freaked out! It's not like it's personal. Everyone that is in the spotlight gets media training. He said he was too good for this and that we must not know sh!t about anything. I mean seriously...even Brad Pitt has had media training and Lance is cool but c'mon! So he stood up and pointed his finger one by one to each of us and told us all #### You as he walked out. I was stunned at his ignorance.

He later did in fact have to get media training once he found out that it was just part of the routine. But of course, this was a little too late because we lost our client because of him and his darn attitude and it was a million $ acct. and we were a small agency then. :angry:

He is pretty cocky. I've had many run-ins with him since then by being at the same benefits, parties, etc. He deserves to have a certian amount of ego because he is pretty amazing but nobody should get to act like a complete jerk. In his benefit though, he did eventually (much later on) send all of us individually flowers and apologized.

Edited by eap620

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Wow. Lance is a pretty amazing athlete, and (although I obviously wouldn't know) appears to be a pretty good person in general in a lot of ways too...but that was SO uncalled for. Changed my image of him a bit I have to say....maybe he was just PMSing??? ;) Hmm...thanks for tellin' the story! :) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd rather have my back scratched than massaged.

AND

I also did a foot care course in Nursing school and like cutting nails.

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.

Now I will be humming that all day long........... :hehe:

I'm just here for the green card :o

:thumbs::lol: :lol: :lol:

*** My Mom's N-400 Journey ***

05/09/2015 - Mailed N-400 application packet to the Phoenix, AZ lockbox

05/11/2015 - Delivered per USPS tracking

05/14/2015 - Check cashed

05/19/2015 - Received NOA

06/02/2015 - Biometrics Appointment

06/04/2015 - In line

08/06/2015 - Interview scheduled per USCIS website

09/11/2015 - Interview - PASSED!

09/18/2015 - Received oath letter

09/22/2015 - Oath Ceremony

:o:o Oh my God!! :blink:

People! LOL!

For the record, or for those of you who do not get the humor in LuckyStrike's reply -

It's the words of an OLD SONG called "I Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash.

:lol:

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

:o:o Oh my God!! :blink:

People! LOL!

For the record, or for those of you who do not get the humor in LuckyStrike's reply -

It's the words of an OLD SONG called "I Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash.

:lol:

I don't think there's many on here that have listened to the old country music stuff. I grew up having to listen to it because my parents loved it. I was just about to clarify Lucky's statement too. roflmao!!!!

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I drunkenly accosted Barry Sanders at a sorority formal in college. I was pryed off of him by his bodyguards. It's a great photo!

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg