AMZJ

January 2016 I-129f Filers

2,646 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Finland
Timeline

Thanks for your time. Another question, what do we use to attatch our passport photo to the g 325a form. Thanks

Anytime :)

I used paperclips. I wrote the full name on the back of the photo, then put it in a ziploc bag (or other plastic bag) and labeled the bag 'Full Name' and attached the bag with a paper clip to the back of the g325a.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks for your time. Another question, what do we use to attatch our passport photo to the g 325a form. Thanks

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted. Read the Guide to Paying USCIS Immigration Fees. 2. Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet. 3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance (see example) 4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question '34.a' of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it. 5. Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example) 6. Proof of having met in past two years. (click here for examples) 7. G-325A filled out by the US Citizen with their information, signed and dated (see example). 8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a. 9. G-325A filled out by the foreign fiance with their information, signed and dated (see example). 10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance. Write the full name of the foreign fiance on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a. 11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship. 12. Copy of final Divorce Decree(s) or Certificate(s) for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance if either has been previously married. If the previous marriage of the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance ended due to the death of their spouse then include a Copy of Death Certificate(s) documenting that fact. 13. Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order. 14. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Anytime :)

I used paperclips. I wrote the full name on the back of the photo, then put it in a ziploc bag (or other plastic bag) and labeled the bag 'Full Name' and attached the bag with a paper clip to the back of the g325a.

Thank you. Im using my birth certificate as proof of citizenship, but it's just a page, is it normal? If i am going to use my passport as proof, do i also need to make photocopies of the blank pages?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

1. Payment as required by USCIS. Use a personal check so you can track the payment. Money Orders are also accepted. Read the Guide to Paying USCIS Immigration Fees. 2. Cover Letter (see example). Should include a description of what your are petitioning for (I-129F), a table of contents (list everything in the packet). If you need additional room to explain your case, attach a separate sheet (list the attachment on the cover sheet). Make sure to sign and date the cover sheet. 3. Form I-129F: Petition for Alien Fiance (see example) 4. Declaration of how you met in person in the last two years. This should be a single typed page attachment regarding question '34.a' of the I-129F. Make sure to sign and date it. 5. Original statements (from both the US Citizen and foreign fiance) certifying an intent to marry within 90 days of entering the US on a valid K-1. (see example) 6. Proof of having met in past two years. (click here for examples) 7. G-325A filled out by the US Citizen with their information, signed and dated (see example). 8. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the US Citizen. Write the full name of the US citizen on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of <Insert US Citizen's Name>". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a. 9. G-325A filled out by the foreign fiance with their information, signed and dated (see example). 10. One passport-type photo (see specification) of the foreign fiance. Write the full name of the foreign fiance on the back. Place in a plastic bag and label the bag "Photo of (insert foreign fiance name) ". Attach the bag to a sheet of paper and place behind the corresponding G-325a. 11. Copy of the Birth certificate (front and back) for the US Citizen or a copy of ALL pages of the US Citizen's passport issued with a validity of at least 5 years or a copy of the US Citizen's naturalization certificate (front and back). This is used to establish citizenship. 12. Copy of final Divorce Decree(s) or Certificate(s) for the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance if either has been previously married. If the previous marriage of the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance ended due to the death of their spouse then include a Copy of Death Certificate(s) documenting that fact. 13. Proof of Legal Name Change if either the US Citizen and/or foreign fiance is using a name other than that shown on the relevant documents. You must give USCIS copies of the legal documents that made the change, such as a marriage certificate, adoption decree or court order. 14. In regards to Section C Question 2, if applicable provide certified copies of all court and police records showing the charges and dispositions for any specified conviction(s) (in accordance with the IMBRA). See section 9 of the I-129f instructions for more information.

Thanks Anni

Timeline

Thank you. Im using my birth certificate as proof of citizenship, but it's just a page, is it normal? If i am going to use my passport as proof, do i also need to make photocopies of the blank pages?

Your birth certificate is a single page, this is normal. But you need to make a copy of both the front and the back. There should be a special seal/stamp on the back proving its authenticity.

If you want to use your passport, you need to make a copy of every single page (even the blank ones).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I did mine file I used this video it truly helped me out a lot and don't get discouraged on my RFE LOL reason I got it is cause my fiancé didn't put N/A on 1 of the pages that didn't pertain to us but other then that this video is perfect for new filers enjoy ;)

Edited by MASH

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Good evening all,

I have a question that could be stupid (or may be not) but please bear with me:

When filling out I-129F form, and if extra sheets are needed (for example question 14), do I attach an extra blank sheet of paper with all the needed info or do I attach a duplicate page 2?

Your help is appreciated.

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Timeline

Good evening all,

I have a question that could be stupid (or may be not) but please bear with me:

When filling out I-129F form, and if extra sheets are needed (for example question 14), do I attach an extra blank sheet of paper with all the needed info or do I attach a duplicate page 2?

Your help is appreciated.

Hey there,

So if you need to add another page, you should type it up (or write very clearly) on a blank sheet of paper. This sheet should be titled in regards to what question is being addressed. So if you are answering question 14h, then

" I-129F Supplement: 14h. Result of Previous Alien Fiance Application "

Hope this helps!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

my RFE LOL reason I got it is cause my fiancé didn't put N/A on 1 of the pages that didn't pertain to us

1 of the pages?

Whicg one if I may ask

If it was a question, which one?

I just want to make sure we don't leave something blank ;)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1 of the pages?

Whicg one if I may ask

If it was a question, which one?

I just want to make sure we don't leave something blank ;)

It was on page 3 of the form were it was talking about our prev spouses and children

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

I removed all staples today, paper clipped everything in sections. We made sure everything was correct and sent overnight USPS so will be there by 12pm tomorrow. Hoping we have done everything right, especially with money order as I had not done one before.

Edited by AMZJ

K-1 Jan 2016 Applicant timeline.

I-129f sent to lock box 7th January 2016.
Delivered 11th January 2016.
NOA1 sent to CSC January 14th 2016.
NOA1 Hard copy January 21st 2016.
RFE email 10th March 2016.
RFE hard copy - 21th March 2016.
RFE Evidence sent- 4th April 2016.
RFE Received by USCIS- 6th April 2016.
NOA2 Received by email dated 18th April 2016.
NOA2 hard copy - April 21st 2016
NVC Recieved- May 9th 2016.
NVC number received- May 9th 2016.
DS-160 filled out - 9th May 2016.
Medical - May 18th 2016
CEAC in Transit - 11th May 2016.
CEAC update embassy received medical- may 24th 2016
Interview- June 15th 2016. - approved!!
POE- July 13th 2016 -Chicago

Married July 18th 2016. (L)

AOS

Package sent- August 18th 2016

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox- August 20th 2016.

NOA 1 - August 25th 2016 (text received 27th).

AP NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (text received 27th).

EAD NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (email received 27th).

NOA1 Hard copies received- September 1st 2016.

Bio-metrics- 20th September 2016.

Request Initial Information for I-485 - October 6th 2016.

RFIE- Affidavit Support information October 11th 2016.

RFIE- Response sent Overnight USPS. October 17th 2016.

RFIE- Delivered October 18th 2016.

RFIE- Received by USCIS October 20th 2016.

EAD- Card Being produced November 17th 2016.

AP- Approved November 17th 2016.

Our petition arrived at the lock box today. Although it's only showing that it's in Dallas Texas right now and hasn't updated for it's 12pm delivery.

K-1 Jan 2016 Applicant timeline.

I-129f sent to lock box 7th January 2016.
Delivered 11th January 2016.
NOA1 sent to CSC January 14th 2016.
NOA1 Hard copy January 21st 2016.
RFE email 10th March 2016.
RFE hard copy - 21th March 2016.
RFE Evidence sent- 4th April 2016.
RFE Received by USCIS- 6th April 2016.
NOA2 Received by email dated 18th April 2016.
NOA2 hard copy - April 21st 2016
NVC Recieved- May 9th 2016.
NVC number received- May 9th 2016.
DS-160 filled out - 9th May 2016.
Medical - May 18th 2016
CEAC in Transit - 11th May 2016.
CEAC update embassy received medical- may 24th 2016
Interview- June 15th 2016. - approved!!
POE- July 13th 2016 -Chicago

Married July 18th 2016. (L)

AOS

Package sent- August 18th 2016

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox- August 20th 2016.

NOA 1 - August 25th 2016 (text received 27th).

AP NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (text received 27th).

EAD NOA1- 22nd August 2016 (email received 27th).

NOA1 Hard copies received- September 1st 2016.

Bio-metrics- 20th September 2016.

Request Initial Information for I-485 - October 6th 2016.

RFIE- Affidavit Support information October 11th 2016.

RFIE- Response sent Overnight USPS. October 17th 2016.

RFIE- Delivered October 18th 2016.

RFIE- Received by USCIS October 20th 2016.

EAD- Card Being produced November 17th 2016.

AP- Approved November 17th 2016.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Our petition arrived at the lock box today. Although it's only showing that it's in Dallas Texas right now and hasn't updated for it's 12pm delivery.

Delivered DALLAS, TX 75260 January 4, 2016 8:35 am Available for Pickup DALLAS, TX 75260

December 31, 2015 11:15 am

Well I had new years eve and weekend between

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.