Amhara

December 2015 AOS filer status

1,701 posts in this topic

My GC got approved !

They will send me the PRC within the next 4 to 5 weeks ☺

Now i only have to wait for this RFE regarding my EA.... still not received

Wow! Congrats!!!! You had just recently submitted a service request, right? But you don't need to sweat your RFE - your EAD/AP will be rejected since the benefit came through a different manner. Your RFE is DOA!! LOL!

Signature coming soon...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Wow! Congrats!!!! You had just recently submitted a service request, right? But you don't need to sweat your RFE - your EAD/AP will be rejected since the benefit came through a different manner. Your RFE is DOA!! LOL!

I wish it would! But my RFE is for my EAD :-(

So they will send me my GC without interview, but there must be something wrong with the submitted EAD papers ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wish it would! But my RFE is for my EAD :-(

So they will send me my GC without interview, but there must be something wrong with the submitted EAD papers ?

You don't need EAD since you'll get your green card.

K1 Visa Journey

Event Date
Service Center: Vermont Service Center
Consulate: Montreal, Canada
I-129F Sent: 2012-12-27
I-129F NOA1: 2013-01-17
I-129F RFE(s): 2013-05-31
RFE Reply(s): 2013-06-04
I-129F NOA2: 2013-12-19

Consulate Received: 2014-04-17
Packet 3 Received: 2014-06-13
Packet 3 Sent: 2014-06-17
Packet 4 Received: 2014-08-27
Interview Date: 2014-10-24

Interview Result: Administrative Review
Second Interview
(If Required): No
Approved: 2014-07-17
Visa in hand: 2014-07-21

Adjustment of Status

Event Date
CIS Office: Chicago Lockbox/Tampa FL
Date Filed: 2015-12-07
NOA Date: 2015-12-16
NOA Hardcopy: 2015-12-21
RFE(s):
Bio. Appt.:
AOS Transfer**:
Interview Date:
Approval / Denial Date:
Approved:
Got I551 Stamp:
Green card Received:
Comments: Angry white men be like

xfarp.jpg

Case approved today!! we are in NYC and got the update a few hours ago. Beyond happy, more beers tonight ?!!

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Case approved today!! we are in NYC and got the update a few hours ago. Beyond happy, more beers tonight ?!!

Approved for your GC? You just gotten approval for your EAD/AP, right? That's a great reason to celebrate!!!!!

Signature coming soon...

I think it is?!! Yes just got EAP/AP two weeks ago. Wasn't expecting any movement but hubby got the text (- thanks to you Amhara for the reminder on setting that up) and we were celebrating for a different reason but this has obviously made it even more special...will update as I receive further messages.

Now back to my beer (cringe lol, so typically Aussie ?)

ROC Window Opened: Thursday 7th December 2017

Posted Package: Friday 8th December

Package Received at USCIS: Monday 11th December

Check Cashed: Thursday 21 December

NOA Received: Wednesday 27 December

NOA Dated: Tuesday 12 December

Biometrics Letter Received: Saturday 13 January 2018

Biometrics Letter Notice Date: Friday 5 January

Biometrics Appointment: Wednesday 24 January

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 30 July (in an envelope from 'Potomac Service Center' Arlington VA)

I-797 NOA I751 18 Months Extension Letter Received: 08 August (in an envelope from 'Vermont Service Center' St Albans VT) different version!

On February 27, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

On April 9, 2018, we received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, Receipt Number EAC xxxxxxx at your local office :unsure: ?!

N-400 Applied 7th December 2018

N400 Interview 11th July 2019. Ended up being a ROC combo interview

ROC Approved 11th July 2019 (a few hours after interview)

N-400 Approved 11th July (a few hours after interview)

Oath Ceremony 22nd July - I am now a US citizen!

I went through Philadelphia:

Thursday July 11: I had my Naturalization Interview

Thursday July 11: A few hours later updated to show Oath Ceremony will be Scheduled

Friday July 12: Oath Ceremony Notice was mailed

Monday July 22: Oath Ceremony

Wednesday July 24: Certificare of Naturalization was mailed

Timeline

You don't need EAD since you'll get your green card.

Hi neoblast,

really? If that's the case I'm feeling kind of stupid right now, I always thought you still need the approval of the EAD for working ?! ?

Hi neoblast,

really? If that's the case I'm feeling kind of stupid right now, I always thought you still need the approval of the EAD for working ?! ?

Nope, your GC is all that you need. The EAD/AP is granted to those that are waiting for the GC benefit. People that enter the US as GC holders don't ever need the EAD/AP. Your approval of your GC means that you are a bona fide conditional US Permanent Resident! Yay!!! No more worrying until ROC time!

But that EAD RFE is still kinda strange...

Signature coming soon...

Timeline

Nope, your GC is all that you need. The EAD/AP is granted to those that are waiting for the GC benefit. People that enter the US as GC holders don't ever need the EAD/AP. Your approval of your GC means that you are a bona fide conditional US Permanent Resident! Yay!!! No more worrying until ROC time!

But that EAD RFE is still kinda strange...

Hey Amhara,

thank you so much for that explanation. :-)

That let's me feel much more lighter now.

Didn't expected that this GC approval is coming so fast!

....but as you said too, that RFE is still strange. I'll see what in the mailbox tomorrow...

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India
Timeline

Received the combo card Saturday valid through Feb 26 next year.

Quick question,

USCIS accepted my case on Dec 11, 2015 and sent an RFIE and RFIE response received Jan 21, 2016, my case on 485 changed to ready to schedule interview on Feb 3. I am in Boston and through some of my search on other boards they are dealing with August applications now. My question would they work on my case as a December 2015 filer or would the RFIE will delay the AOS interview and wait till they get to Feb 2016 cases?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Hi There,

I never received a status or letter saying about an interview, I called today to USCIS and they told me my Case was Approved without interview.

My Petition date is 12/14/2015

Im a USC and my Wife is a Legal Permanent Resident....

I haven't receive any lettler or card yet in the mail... We asked too for the I-765 to get SSN only for IRS purposes but still waiting for the cards... At least we know everything is approved....

How about you, how's your case going?

Thank you for answering my questions!

The petition date of my daughter's case is Dec. 1st, and it's still waiting for interview to be scheduled from Jan. 6th, the day we learned the case is ready to be scheduled..

I thought we might have a chance to skip the interview 'cause she's just a baby, but guess we'll just have to wait and see....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I wonder why they are so slow in processing. Today is day 76 fo me so i put in my service request, here is to hopping we all hear something, its really frustrating especially when you want to start getting things taken care of. And congratulations to everyone who have received progress with their cases

I'm a few days behind and just submitted my service request. Fingers crossed those of us waiting see some progress soon!

12.23.2015: AOS package mailed

12.24.2015: AOS package received

01.06.2016: NOA1 received by text and emaiil

01.11.2016: NOA1 received in mail

01.20.2016: Biometrics completed (early walk-in)

03.08.2016: Approaching regulatory timeframe SR Request submitted for EAD

Seems another person (not on this thread) who filed in December was approved for their GC! The VJ timeline estimates the USCIS to be on December 19th filers for EAD/AP approval. It seems that we are just about down to the last two weeks of December filers, give or take a few cases. Some may be behind while some are way ahead!!

Signature coming soon...

Seems another person (not on this thread) who filed in December was approved for their GC! The VJ timeline estimates the USCIS to be on December 19th filers for EAD/AP approval. It seems that we are just about down to the last two weeks of December filers, give or take a few cases. Some may be behind while some are way ahead!!

Signature coming soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.