INTERVIEW

11 days,

15 hours,

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

"MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR"

//www.facebook.com/Novi29F/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

I have completed the notebooks we will take to the interview.

Notebook 1 (8 1/2 x 11) has all the documentation from petition, up to police record.

Each document is placed into a clear page protector, that way I did not have to punch holes into them. Keeps it clean, and we can have for family history.

All needed to complete is the documents in Ethiopia, such as police/medical/family letters

The outside cover has a place for a Title Page for the notebook. I printed up a 8 x 10 photo of us together--family photo. The notebook is blue, so the photo is us wearing blue :thumbs: Keep it color coordinated.

Notebook 2 is smaller photobook. It has 20 pictures that depict each of the 5 trips I have taken to Ethiopia in the past year and 1/2. Will include pictures from my trip to attend the interview. Most of the pictures they already have, which I frontloaded with the I-129F.

In fact most of these documents, except for the marriage price quote, tax forms, family letters, and police/medical, I frontloaded. So nothing majorily new.

The table of contents for Notebook 1 is as follows:

CHECKLIST

INTERVIEW DOCUMENTS

Section 1

· Embassy confirmation and instruction letter

· Visa Application and Interview Confirmation

Section 2

· DS-160 Form

· Visa payment

· Valid passport

· Birth certificate

· Police certificate

· Medical examination

· Rights and Protections for Foreign-Citizen Fiancé

Section 3 Evidence of support

· Form I-134

· Statement of Employment

· Paystub-1 & 15 January 2016

· Paystub-1 & 15 February 2016

Section 4 Evidence of relationship with the petitioner

· Fiancé Letter of Intent – Petitioner

· Fiancé Letter of Intent – Beneficiary

· Marriage Date with Quote

· Letter from Beneficiary’s Father

· Letter from Beneficiary’s Mother

· Letter from Beneficiary’s Cousin/Lawyer

· Letter from Father Tom Donovan (Catholic Priest)

· Letter from Ahmed Fouad (Petitioner friend)

· Letter from Artur Kolojeski (Petitioner friend)

· Plane Boarding Tickets

· Visa Stamps

· Phone Logs

· Engagement Ring Receipt

· Engagement Ring Photo

Section 5 Tax Returns

· 2015, 2014, 2013

PETITION DOCUMENTATION

Section 5

· I-129F

· G-325A Biographical Petitioner

· G-325A Biographical Beneficiary

· USCIS Notice of Action 1 (I-797C) Receipt

· USCIA Notice of Action 2 (I-797C) Approval

· NVC Letter

Section 6

· Petitioner Divorce Decree

Edited by Jaime & Aisha

Timeline

Found the dress for the interview which Aisha picked out. And a 2nd just in case. Each is coming from a different vendor, that way one will make it in time in the event of a shipping problem; better odds not to put all eggs in that one basket. If both make it, well they are keepers anyway. Both are on order, with expedited shipping. Expected arrival is Tuesday.

I don't know what else to do.

Timeline

Jaime, you have done an exceptional job! You cant do much more. If you get both dresses on time, you can use one for the interview and one for the trip to the US.

I am going to emulate your table of contents. Working on my book now. Now having trouble sleeping....11 days...

Edited by habesha14

Sent I-129F - 11/16/15

NOA1 - 11/18/15

NOA2 - 12/24/15

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Jaime & Aisha УДАЧИ!!! Good luck to your couple, you did the great job !!definitely!!!

11.17.2015- sent petition
11.23.2015- NOA-1
12.29.2015- NOA-2

01.12.2016- NVC received

01.17.2016- NVC case #

01.21.2016- Medical Exam

02.10.2016- Interview Approved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Is this a f****ing joke? My fiance and I got payment confirmation for visa today from the embassy. It say to go schedule our appointment online now. I sign online and there are ZERO options for scheduling an interview. Not a single option is available. I call the kenyan embassy and the person who picks up says yes your correct we have zero appointment options, don't worry though the payment is good for a year. All you have to do is keep checking every day until the counselor decides to open an appointment we have no time frame for when this may be?

You have got to be ###### kidding me. Before making the payment it showed next available date april 19th. We make the payment get confirmation go to schedule and there are Zero dates available

How can the embassy have ZERO appointments available?

I'm in the same boat and understand your frustration. For a week and a half, I've been refreshing the web page for our embassy about 500 times a day, and my fiance does it during the hours I'm sleeping. All I ever get is the following, and it won't even let me pay the fee at this time:post-218283-0-01758900-1455481912_thumb.png

I don't know if your embassy works the same as mine, but maybe this information will help you. I've asked several people who've gone through my embassy about this (through private message--my sub-forum is dead) and they said eventually one day it will just open up a whole month of appointments to choose from, and possibly a few other random dates that have opened due to cancellations or changes.

Not knowing whether these openings will be 4 weeks in advance or 4 months in advance is making things extremely difficult for us on a variety of levels, including how I handle my current job search, trying to plan my visit to his parents, etc. and it's making me a little crazy (crazier?) but I'm trying to roll with it the best I can. :wacko:

I don't know if any of this helps, but you're not alone. :clock::cry:

Questions were : petitioners name, birthday, age, how fiance got here in us, when I got here in us, have me wet I person and when, and luckily my fiancé brought an album of pictures including our daily chat logs. He said that the CO looked at the pictures one by one

I had an interview on 10th of February! Visa is approved, issued! I think on Monday will have it in hands!

The interview went very well and CO was really friendly and i am sure when he took the petition into his hands he had already approved it in his mind even before he called us for the interview. We went together with my fiance. He asked only few questions- where did you meet, where does he work, how many times did he visit me, also he spoke to my fiance about his work. He did not look at the evidence of our relations. I've been talking to the CO in English and he was very glad of that.

:goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

CONGRATS Sars and MsLucky! :dancing:

AOS Journey

*Delay in filing due to typo on visa which took many calls, an InfoPass appointment, and about two months to resolve.

AOS/EAD/AP applications sent: 11/30/2016

NOA: 12/2/2016

RFE notice rec'd online: 12/21/2016

Biometrics appt. letter rec'd: 12/27/2016

RFE letter rec'd: 12/30/2016

Biometrics appointment: 1/4/2017

RFE response sent: 1/9/2017

RFE response receipt notice: 1/11/2017

Case status update text: 1/21/2017 (but no actual update available)

EAD/AP approval notice/card ordered (email and online): 2/13/2017

EAD/AP card mailed (e-notification): 2/15/2017

EAD/AP card received: 2/17/2017

Service request submitted: 7/11/2017

Service request processed: 8/4/2017

Service request response received (with no update): 8/9/2017

Interview letter received: 10/18/17

Interview appointment: 11/15/17

Approval: 11/15/17 

K1 Journey

Sent I-129F Packet: 11/25/2015
NOA1 (official date from hard copy): 12/2/2015

NOA1 e-notification: 12/3/2015

NOA2: 1/7/2016

Interview: 4/7/2016 - Approved!

Arrival: 5/30/2016 (POE Chicago O'Hare)

Marriage: 7/9/2016

Second (big) wedding: 11/12/2016

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Jaime, you have done an exceptional job! You cant do much more. If you get both dresses on time, you can use one for the interview and one for the trip to the US.

I am going to emulate your table of contents. Working on my book now. Now having trouble sleeping....11 days...

11 days for me too and I have the same problem! Been waking up in the middle of the night every day this week. Hoping and praying for the best, best of luck to all of us!

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

These past few weeks have been agony. Our petition was received at the embassy on Feb. 2, however, we have been unable to complete the DS-160 and schedule and interview because the fiance's passport STILL isn't ready. He applied for a new one back in October because of a name change, and we've had problems getting it ever since. It's torture that we are so close to scheduling something, but can't because of ridiculous errors not on our part and bureaucracy. Not to mention I'm stressed that the longer we wait, the closer it gets to our petition expiring :cry:

/end rant.

In the mean time, we're compiling tax papers, police certificate, the fiance is going to get vaccination records/new shots probably this week.

Good luck with everyone that has interviews coming up!

ROC I-797C

ROC Sent: 6/21/18

ROC Received: 6/23/18

NOA1: 7/5/18

NOA2: Reused Biometrics: 3/16/19

Timeline

These past few weeks have been agony. Our petition was received at the embassy on Feb. 2, however, we have been unable to complete the DS-160 and schedule and interview because the fiance's passport STILL isn't ready. He applied for a new one back in October because of a name change, and we've had problems getting it ever since. It's torture that we are so close to scheduling something, but can't because of ridiculous errors not on our part and bureaucracy. Not to mention I'm stressed that the longer we wait, the closer it gets to our petition expiring :cry:

/end rant.

In the mean time, we're compiling tax papers, police certificate, the fiance is going to get vaccination records/new shots probably this week.

I see a trend here. First it was Eric forgetting the medical records in the hotel, and now the passport not being ready on time for your fiancé.

If it weren't for us guys getting in the way, this would probably be an easy seamless process. :oops:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

/end rant.

I know how you feel! Our petition has been received at the embassy, but we haven't been able to complete the DS-160 and schedule our interview yet either. My fiance was visiting me in the US for the past two months (flew home this morning :crying::crying::crying: ) and he needed some documents from his house in Brazil in order for us to complete the work / education section of the DS-160. He'll be able to get everything together soon and hopefully we'll have our interview marked within the next few days! :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm still waiting for NOA2

oh, and our RFE was because they didn't read the i-129f question stating what website we met. Which I put on there.

Edited by ERTexas

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

I'm sooo sorry guys it stinks that because of a "system" it doesn't allow you guys to make the appointment, all we all want is to be with our loved ones!!!! Wishing the best for you all.

K1 Visa

I-129F Sent: 2015-11-12 I-129F NOA1 notice: 2015-11-18 I-129F NOA2 approval: 2015-12-21 I-129F NOA2 hardcopy: 2015-12-27

NVC case number-hard copy arrived: 2016-1-21 Case arrived at GUA embassy: 2016-1-19 Packet 3 Email Recceived: 2016-1-27

Medical: 2016-2-3

Interview: 2016-2-26 Approved!

Visa in hand: 2016-3-3

POE: 2016-3-23

Married: 2016-3-25 (L)

AOS

AOS filed and delivered: 2016-4-18

Check cashed by USCIS: 2016-5-4

Text notification received: 2016-5-5

NOA arrived in mail for AOS, EAD, AP: 2016-5-7

Biometrics Appointment: 2016-5-24

Service request created by me since we have not heard anything about EAD: 2016-7-12

Status changed to EAD card being produced: 2016-7-21

Received EAD Card and AP in mail: 2016-7-28

Interview for Green card -  Approved: 2016-9-15

Received Green card: 2016-10-9

Done and in love (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

First it was Eric forgetting the medical records in the hotel ...

Oh, now you are blaming me too! How about a little solidarity amongst us future hubbies. We'll have plenty of time to accept blame in the years to come.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.