3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I revieved this update today. Does anyone know what it means?!

Case Was Sent To The Department of State

On April 15, 2016, we sent your case, Receipt Number SRC169******** to the Department of State for visa processing. Please visit our website for general information on Consular Processing.

Congratulations

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

What country are you and wife getting visa from?

Hi there,

My wife and I got an RFE this week from Potomac stating that the marriage certificate we submitted is not sufficient (they claim is a marriage registration document, not a marriage certificate). The problem is that what we submitted is actually the official marriage certificate from my country (together with a translation), I've checked with the civil registry and that's the document they provide as marriage certificate. Now we don't know what to do, we're thinking of submitting the same document with an apostille but we don't know if that will help.

Did anyone experience a similar situation?

Our PD is Jan 26

Along with your marriage certificate, you should send photos of you and your family together.. like marriage photos and holiday photos, maybe even the wedding invitation card (if you have one). Plus you should send any evidence of if she came to see you in the US like tickets or boarding pass. You can submit yours too like plane tickets of when you went and saw her etc. More evidence of your relationship is required.

Hi there,

My wife and I got an RFE this week from Potomac stating that the marriage certificate we submitted is not sufficient (they claim is a marriage registration document, not a marriage certificate). The problem is that what we submitted is actually the official marriage certificate from my country (together with a translation), I've checked with the civil registry and that's the document they provide as marriage certificate. Now we don't know what to do, we're thinking of submitting the same document with an apostille but we don't know if that will help.

Our PD is Jan 26

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi there,

Our PD is Jan 26

Im not sure, bug i think the apostile will work... I had mine directly with the apostle and I never had problems. I got married in Bahamas which has a kind of different marriage certification and thy accepted that.

Apostle gives credibility for the document...

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Along with your marriage certificate, you should send photos of you and your family together.. like marriage photos and holiday photos, maybe even the wedding invitation card (if you have one). Plus you should send any evidence of if she came to see you in the US like tickets or boarding pass. You can submit yours too like plane tickets of when you went and saw her etc. More evidence of your relationship is required.

We sent all that stuff too, but the RFE is very specific about the marriage certificate only, they don't ask for additional evidence.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Im not sure, bug i think the apostile will work... I had mine directly with the apostle and I never had problems. I got married in Bahamas which has a kind of different marriage certification and thy accepted that.

Apostle gives credibility for the document...

That's our plan for now. We will submit the original document even if they only ask for a photocopy.

i had mine put an apositle on it so ?????i guess that works its a hard proof once you have it

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

I have been on this forum for a few months now and got a lot of useful information for my I-130 and I just want to share my timeline hope to help somebody

Priority date is October 8th 2015

got approval notice via text message on April 13th 2016 and I am still waiting the hard copy notice to be arrived at my house

but the meantime I have booked my air ticket to china to see my wife for a month before the NVC Stage

does anyone know Can I send my documents and AOS from China or it must be filed in the United States

and how long does the NVC stage gonna take

thank you

Lots of useful info on the NVC threads. But you can mail the documents from wherever you want. Main thing is they get to the NVC. Since the NVC stage is all about the beneficiary, the documents are usually sent by the beneficiary to the NVC from overseas.

There are things you can do to speed up or slow down the NVC stage. You have more control over it than the USCIS I-130 stage.

Take a look at the NVC wiki on this site. It's very useful.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Lots of useful info on the NVC threads. But you can mail the documents from wherever you want. Main thing is they get to the NVC. Since the NVC stage is all about the beneficiary, the documents are usually sent by the beneficiary to the NVC from overseas.

There are things you can do to speed up or slow down the NVC stage. You have more control over it than the USCIS I-130 stage.

Take a look at the NVC wiki on this site. It's very useful.

Thank you for the reply

I have read the NVC wiki and found out that I could do the electronic processing but seems a lot work to do than the mailing paper documents.and do you have an idea on how much time the electronic processing method will save compare to paper

and also when the interview date is set will my wife get a notice by mail in china or I will get a notice here in the states.

thank you and sorry for so many questions

I don't know about the electronic processing because the UK doesn't have it.

But regarding the interview, your wife will be contacted.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

still waiting......... (F)(F)(F)

• ******NVC*****

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

what is the wait after NOA 2 to the NVc stage thanks guys

• ******NVC*****

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.