3,223 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I see thank you so much for the reply. I should read through this thread today. Hope your case gets through soon!

Awww, thank you! But mine just went straight to Potomac this week, so I've got a long wait ahead of me ;) I hope YOUR petition gets acknowledged and assigned a case number by NVC soon!

My Convoluted Story (see my profile for more details)
Jun 2009 - Met on Facebook
Mar 2010 - Visited Morocco for the first time, got engaged
Dec 30, 2011 - Wedding in Morocco (5th visit)
I-130/CR-1 (first time around)
31 Aug 2012 - Priority Date (Vermont, transferred to NBC)
31 Dec 2012 - NOA2
27Jul 2013 - Broke up/Separation (while waiting for case complete at NVC)
9 Jan 2014 - Filed for divorce in US (never completed)
4 Apr 2014 - USCIS NOIR
May 2015 - Reconciliation
Nov 2015 - Vacation together in Spain (7th in-person visit with each other)
I-130/IR-1 (second time around)
4 Feb 2016 - Priority Date
19 Apr 2016 - NOA2

17 May 2016 - NVC Case Number Assigned

31 May 2016 - Sent AOS/IV package to NVC

5 Jul 2016 - NVC Case Complete

10 Aug 2016 - Medical Exam

25 Aug 2016 - Interview - APPROVED

1 Sep 2016 - Husband picked up his visa

Husband POE'd @ IAD - 5 November

My husband called to expedite the process and I saw this as I've check our status online. Our PD September 10. Don't know if it really works, has anybody tried to expedite their process?

On February 11, 2016, your request to have your case expedited, referral number ____, was completed.

02/11/2016

On February 11, 2016, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number _______.

02/11/2016

On February 11, 2016, your request to have your case expedited, referral number ______, was assigned to an officer for response.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just saw some other posts in the August 2015 filers forum saying that they are now on to the interview process. I'm happy for them but at the same time it is quite disheartening since we haven't even received our NOA2 yet!

My priority date (or if that even matters) is August 24th. We called the USCIS line but got an automated message. How do you get through to a tier 2 agent? Other than that we are waiting to February 24th, if it is not received by then, we will be submitting the formal case inquiry form.

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

My husband called to expedite the process and I saw this as I've check our status online. Our PD September 10. Don't know if it really works, has anybody tried to expedite their process?

On February 11, 2016, your request to have your case expedited, referral number ____, was completed.

02/11/2016

On February 11, 2016, we sent a response to your request to have your case expedited, referral number _______.

02/11/2016

On February 11, 2016, your request to have your case expedited, referral number ______, was assigned to an officer for response.

My husband called to expedite as well and we got the same updates as you, but I am not sure if it is approval or deny...

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

02/11/2016

02/11/2016

I requested an expedite on Feb. 9, 2016 and no updates.. I was told I would have to wait 15-30 days before anyone would even contact me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I just saw some other posts in the August 2015 filers forum saying that they are now on to the interview process. I'm happy for them but at the same time it is quite disheartening since we haven't even received our NOA2 yet!

My priority date (or if that even matters) is August 24th. We called the USCIS line but got an automated message. How do you get through to a tier 2 agent? Other than that we are waiting to February 24th, if it is not received by then, we will be submitting the formal case inquiry form.

Thanks

My PD is August 7th. How do I submit a formal inquiry? Is it on the USCIS website? I have contacted my congresswoman but its yielded no results as of yet.

It is EXTREMELY disheartening to see others move along normally and we are all stuck. To those with priority dates in October/November, I hope Potomac gets its matters together and moves everyone along but keep in mind that searching for answers this early in the process will only frustrate you. My wife has lost her patience and has even considered moving to canada (I live in the northern part of the USA, so I could commute to go see her more often than traveling down to brasil)

Also.... Potomac doesnt have a leader right now...

I went on their website to see if I could do anything to help or get a job, etc and found the opening. I understand we are only, essentially, in the first step of a long process, and thats what sucks. I went into this thinking I could get my wife here by August/September of this year but I HIGHLY doubt that itll happen now. I would have rather stayed in texas and waited my turn. People in the August threads are already all ahead of me.

Who May Apply: Applications will be accepted from all groups of qualified individuals (All Sources). Organizational Location: This position is located within the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Potomac Service Center in Arlington, VA.

Salary:
$121,956.00 - $185,100.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade:
ES-0340-00/00
Location(s):
Arlington, Virginia
Open Period:
2/3/2016 to 2/24/2016
Announcement Number:
CIS-SES-2016-1616978
Department:
Department Of Homeland Security
Agency:
Citizenship and Immigration Services
Position Info:
Full Time - Permanent
Who May Apply:

NOA1- August 7th 2015 ^_^

TSC to PSC- November 10th 2015 :huh:

LOCAL OFFICE- December 2nd 2015 :o

NOA2- February 25th 2016 :D

NVC Stage:

Physical letter received at home address March 17th 2016 (away on business trip)

DS-261 Completed- March 18th 2016

AOS Fee Paid- March 18th 2016

IV Fee Paid- March 26th 2016

IV Application Completed- March 30th 2016

IV and AOS packages sent- May 19th

Interview appointment date received via e-mail- June 2nd (10 business days? how is that even possible?!)

Interview set for June 20th (super short notice!)

VISA DENIED at interview but followed up over email :cry:

VISA ARRIVED 6/30/2016 with no notice of approval over email :pop:

POE Fort Lauderdale 8/15/16 Went smoothly and she's home! :dance:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I requested an expedite on Feb. 9, 2016 and no updates.. I was told I would have to wait 15-30 days before anyone would even contact me.

What are the basis on which we can request for an expedite?

Timeline

My PD is August 7th. How do I submit a formal inquiry? Is it on the USCIS website? I have contacted my congresswoman but its yielded no results as of yet.

It is EXTREMELY disheartening to see others move along normally and we are all stuck. To those with priority dates in October/November, I hope Potomac gets its matters together and moves everyone along but keep in mind that searching for answers this early in the process will only frustrate you. My wife has lost her patience and has even considered moving to canada (I live in the northern part of the USA, so I could commute to go see her more often than traveling down to brasil)

Also.... Potomac doesnt have a leader right now...

I went on their website to see if I could do anything to help or get a job, etc and found the opening. I understand we are only, essentially, in the first step of a long process, and thats what sucks. I went into this thinking I could get my wife here by August/September of this year but I HIGHLY doubt that itll happen now. I would have rather stayed in texas and waited my turn. People in the August threads are already all ahead of me.

Hi Imprezaowner27,

I have been following your process since you are ahead of us and it's unfortunate to hear that you still haven't heard anything.

I was similarly thinking of having my spouse contact the local senator to see about inquiring internally.

Here is the page to submit a case inquiry: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do - hopefully that can turn up some questions for you since it has been over 6 months for you. Let us know if it does anything for you.

Thankfully for me and my spouse, we live right across the border from one another and are able to see one another during this process. That being said, I am unsure if Canada is any easier in terms of immigration dealings. If anything, they actually might be more strict than the US. Hopefully something works out for you soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi Imprezaowner27,

I have been following your process since you are ahead of us and it's unfortunate to hear that you still haven't heard anything.

I was similarly thinking of having my spouse contact the local senator to see about inquiring internally.

Here is the page to submit a case inquiry: https://egov.uscis.gov/e-Request/Intro.do - hopefully that can turn up some questions for you since it has been over 6 months for you. Let us know if it does anything for you.

Thankfully for me and my spouse, we live right across the border from one another and are able to see one another during this process. That being said, I am unsure if Canada is any easier in terms of immigration dealings. If anything, they actually might be more strict than the US. Hopefully something works out for you soon!

Thank you for the website. The interesting part is when I try to submit and inquiry it gave me a message saying that my case is within processing time and the inquiry cannot be submitted.

I dont quite understand that because it has been over 6 months since NOA1, and over 60 days since my last update on december 2nd.

NOA1- August 7th 2015 ^_^

TSC to PSC- November 10th 2015 :huh:

LOCAL OFFICE- December 2nd 2015 :o

NOA2- February 25th 2016 :D

NVC Stage:

Physical letter received at home address March 17th 2016 (away on business trip)

DS-261 Completed- March 18th 2016

AOS Fee Paid- March 18th 2016

IV Fee Paid- March 26th 2016

IV Application Completed- March 30th 2016

IV and AOS packages sent- May 19th

Interview appointment date received via e-mail- June 2nd (10 business days? how is that even possible?!)

Interview set for June 20th (super short notice!)

VISA DENIED at interview but followed up over email :cry:

VISA ARRIVED 6/30/2016 with no notice of approval over email :pop:

POE Fort Lauderdale 8/15/16 Went smoothly and she's home! :dance:

Timeline

Thank you for the website. The interesting part is when I try to submit and inquiry it gave me a message saying that my case is within processing time and the inquiry cannot be submitted.

I dont quite understand that because it has been over 6 months since NOA1, and over 60 days since my last update on december 2nd.

Oh that's frustrating - this whole system is so flawed.

We had called earlier on this week because we are over 5 months since the NOA1 and we got the automated message that (paraphrased) we are still within the normal processing times because of the "transfer to local office" updated on Dec 2. It said to allow for 90 days or something like that for it to transfer to our local office. Although, it seems that the local office is just Potomac....this is all a stressful and confusing process.

o still waiting and it is just so nerve racking

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Try calling the NVC on (603) 334-0700 and not USCIS. Their website is really good and helpful.

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/contact.html

My daughter who is Stateside called them every other weekday. If you get someone who really doesn't give you much help. end the call by saying thank you for your time and then call again. You will get someone else and keep doing this until you get somebody who is very helpful. Believe me, they vary!! Good luck!

Edited by Buntylicious1

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

02/11/2016

02/11/2016

My daughter has expedited my case as she is 33 weeks pregnant. There are certain circumstances where they will expedite your application but it's not a given. Proof must be submitted to support the request and then you just have to hope. Good luck

Our case was just sent to Potomac on the Feb 11th.

event.png

1/3/2009- Married

2/5/2016- I130 sent

2/11/2016- NOA1 Potomac

5/13/2016- I130 approved

5/18/2016- Sent to NVC

5/20/2016- NVC received

6/9/2016- Case # received (Welcome letter)

7/1/2016- Sent our IV and AOS packets to NVC

7/8/2016- Scan date

8/9/2016- Case Complete

9/20/2016- Medical exam

10/3/2016- Interview

Our case was just sent to Potomac on the Feb 11th.

wow ,its gonna be a long wait

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.