Buffum

Post-NOA 2, calling NVC

35 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We got our NOA2 on 2015-09-24, so it's been about a month. My fiance hasn't gotten anything from the embassy, and we haven't heard anything about our visa since we got our NOA2 in the mail.

We've tried calling the NVC a couple of times now (about twice a week since we got our NOA2) but we always get the message that says that they're dealing with other costumers. Is this happening for anyone else? I'm starting to question whether or not there are actually any phone operators at the NVC. Is calling the NVC worth the inconvenience?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Call (603) 334-0888, right at 8 am eastern time. I got through almost always on the first try.

Good luck!

Alright, thanks. This is a different number from the one on VJ and the official NVC page. Where'd you manage to get it?

I called on this number 6033340700 at around 5pm eastern standard time, my theory was most people are either leaving work or travelling home from work. The 3 times I had to call the NVC I always got through no problems.

K1-K2 VISA
FEBRUARY 2015 APPLIED FOR I-129F K1-K2
RECIEVED NOA1
AUGUST 2015 RECIEVED NOA2
SEPTEMBER 2015 SENT TO THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE
RECIEVED SYDNEY CASE NUMBER
CASE SENT TO THE SYDNEY EMBASSY
SEPTEMBER 2015 COMPLETED DS-160 K1-K2
OCTOBER 2015 MEDICAL COMPLETED
INTERVIEW - APPROVED
VISA ISSUED

DECEMBER 2015 ARRIVED INTO THE USA POA DALLAS TX 26TH DECEMBER
JANUARY 2016 MARRIED 29TH JANUARY
FEBRUARY 2016 SSN CARD RECIEVED

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS
MARCH 2016 SENT AOS PACKAGE K1-K2 21ST MARCH                                                       JUNE 2016 RECIEVED GREEN CARD K1-K2 11TH JUNE
ARRIVED AT THE CHICAGO LOCKBAG FACILITY 23RD MARCH

APRIL 2016 RECIEVED NOA 1 FOR AOS/EAD/AP 5TH APRIL
RECIEVED BIOMETRICS APPOINTMENTS 30TH APRIL
MAY 2016 BIOMETRICS TAKEN 10TH MAY

AP/EAD APPROVED K1 13TH MAY

COMBO CARD ARRIVED 21ST MAY

JUNE 2016 APPROVED AOS (NO INTERVIEW) K1-K2 3RD JUNE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

you need to be persistent, VERY persistent when you. keep re-dialing and you'll get through eventually

11/06: Husband EWI from Mexico
11/08: Started dating

11/11: Husband got deported
1/11/14: Got married
3/13/14-11/2/14:
I-130
1/26/15-3/17/15: NVC

5/28/15: INTERVIEW - denied

6/8/15: I-601/I-212 waivers received

11/17/15: I-601/I-212 waivers APPROVED

12/11/15: HUBBY HOME!! :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I called this past Friday @7am on tha dot Eastern time and got through, but was on hold for about 25 minutes and then a very kind women helped me. Call the immigrant visa line. Blessings.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

We got our NOA2 on 2015-09-24, so it's been about a month. My fiance hasn't gotten anything from the embassy, and we haven't heard anything about our visa since we got our NOA2 in the mail.

We've tried calling the NVC a couple of times now (about twice a week since we got our NOA2) but we always get the message that says that they're dealing with other costumers. Is this happening for anyone else? I'm starting to question whether or not there are actually any phone operators at the NVC. Is calling the NVC worth the inconvenience?

We have the same date, not going to lie i am relieved that we're in the same boat, i was getting worried.

I have tried 6033340888 and i get through every time without waiting too long. I also tried 6033340700, now they are a different story. Tried for two days and couldn't get through. I tried again today got the same message, hung up and tried again immediately and i got through to the menu. After a 20 min wait i finally spoke to someone. However they still do not have our case, the man sounded a bit surprised when i told him my approval date and rechecked my number. Then he said i should wait 35 days. So based on his reaction i think our wait is a little longer than normal but still within the allotted time frame.

Please keep me updated if you get some good news.

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We were approved a week after y'all and I just called to check at the NVC. I had to keep redialing before we stopped getting the automated we are too busy speech. They hadn't received ours yet as well and said it could take up to 35 days. I said yeah I know I can't help but try to see. She was very kind.

Well they still haven't received it. So they said email to NVCresearch@state.gov and provide them with the picture of my approval so thats exactly what I did. Lets see what happens.

i hope you get a speedy response. Keep us posted.

ROC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Did you receive your NVC case Number? It is different from USCIS number

If so, you should be checking the K 1 instructions in USCIS.gov and following the guidelines for K 1 visa by submitting the required documents to NVC as required along with any documents extra the beneficiary's countries requires.

And when you receive the NVC case number register on CEAC to follow the status of your case / you will first see this:

Please follow the instructions you received from the National Visa Center (NVC) for the next step in the processing of your visa petition. If you have misplaced the instructions sent to you by the NVC or did not receive them, please contact us at http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html for additional information.
Edited by Adil & Jeanne

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Speed dial is the ONLY method that's worked for me when calling the NVC. What you're doing by constantly re-dialing is waiting for a line to open up for you, and one will eventually. Also, you may need to contact DOS at another point during the process, so yes, calling NVC is pretty crucial to master!

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.