dwheels76

October 2015 Interviews

1,716 posts in this topic

I need help. A week before my interview, I received a letter about additional documents I need to bring to the interview.

And it said;

1. Even if the sponsors current income overseas exceeds the 125 percent minimum income level, this income cannot be considered sufficient if the petitioner must leave that income source (job) in order to return to the U.S. The income source or employment must continue in the U.S. while the beneficiary is immigrating to the U.S. Please submit the total value of your assets equal at least three times of the current poverty guidelines (I-864P) for your household size.

If you cannot submit your assets, please provide completed I-864 with supporting documents from the joint sponsor. A joint sponsor must attach photocopies of the most recent of Federal income tax return or IRS transcript of the filing, proof of U.S. citizenship; U.S. birth certificate or U.S. passport with completed form I-864. If a joint sponsor is using only his/her own income, he/she must also submit his/her W2 form. If a joint sponsor would like to use his/her household members income or assets, please provide household members form I-864A.

My husband has a job in the states and we provided NVC the invoices and the contract. And his income is above poverty line. Do I still need those documents? I've called the embassy but the agent couldn't answer my question because all she could answer was non immigrant visa related, even though I called the immigrant visa related line.

It sounds like they think your husband has a job outside of the US that he will have to leave when moving back to the US when you get your green card. Were you very clear on all of your forms that his residence/domicile is the US? I would call NVC about this and ask what's going on, tell them you submitted all of this before. But no matter what they say, have everything they asked for in that letter at your interview, if you are sure all of your papers are in order and your husband has US-based income and his domicile is in the US then it should be ok. Make sure you have originals and copies of your husband's W-2 forms, you mentioned you gave NVC "the invoices and contract." W-2s are definite proof of US income, if you didn't submit them before you should now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

It sounds like they think your husband has a job outside of the US that he will have to leave when moving back to the US when you get your green card. Were you very clear on all of your forms that his residence/domicile is the US? I would call NVC about this and ask what's going on, tell them you submitted all of this before. But no matter what they say, have everything they asked for in that letter at your interview, if you are sure all of your papers are in order and your husband has US-based income and his domicile is in the US then it should be ok. Make sure you have originals and copies of your husband's W-2 forms, you mentioned you gave NVC "the invoices and contract." W-2s are definite proof of US income, if you didn't submit them before you should now.

Thanks for answering!

Sorry I didn't provide enough info.

He used to work in Japan before he left in last June. He now lives and works in the states.

So the W-2 form we sent doesn't include the US income. That is why we sent NVC his invoices and contract.

Our case was complete on September 8th and our case is now at the embassy and the email was from embassy.

Our interview is just a week away and I'm not sure all the joint sponsor documents would be here by then. I'm so freaked out.

Edited by 168168

Thanks for answering!

Sorry I didn't provide enough info.

He used to work in Japan before he left in last June. He now lives and works in the states.

So the W-2 form we sent doesn't include the US income. That is why we sent NVC his invoices and contract.

Our case was complete on September 8th and our case is now at the embassy and the email was from embassy.

Our interview is just a week away and I'm not sure all the joint sponsor documents would be here by then. I'm so freaked out.

I understand, when you submitted your AOS documents he hadn't yet gotten a W-2 from his new US job. But now he must have at least a couple of W-2s. If I was in your position I would get him to overnight them to you along with any other proof or clarification that this is a US-based job, and maybe even proof that he resides in the US (lease in his name, recent electric bill in his name, etc.). Hopefully you could get that before your interview. It's clear that the Embassy wants some additional proof, so I think you have to provide it. If he has assets that meet the requirements, let him submit proof of that too (why not, it could only help I think). If you don't have the additional paperwork by the time of the interview, you could try to explain to the CO what you had already submitted, but you may also have to accept that they could ask for the papers anyhow (and then this may delay your approval).

Get him to send a package ASAP!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I understand, when you submitted your AOS documents he hadn't yet gotten a W-2 from his new US job. But now he must have at least a couple of W-2s. If I was in your position I would get him to overnight them to you along with any other proof or clarification that this is a US-based job, and maybe even proof that he resides in the US (lease in his name, recent electric bill in his name, etc.). Hopefully you could get that before your interview. It's clear that the Embassy wants some additional proof, so I think you have to provide it. If he has assets that meet the requirements, let him submit proof of that too (why not, it could only help I think). If you don't have the additional paperwork by the time of the interview, you could try to explain to the CO what you had already submitted, but you may also have to accept that they could ask for the papers anyhow (and then this may delay your approval).

Get him to send a package ASAP!

Thanks again.

I will get him do that. We are going to call the embassy again tomorrow just in case.

I didn't know that the embassy would ask us to bring additional financial documents. I kinda thought it's nvc's job. I hope everything goes well next week!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Sex life.... Unbelievable!!!!

I think you didn't give enough convincing response and the VO suspected some issues with the marriage been genuine....

Is your spouse from India? I mean an Indian like you?

If your spouse is not... And perhaps someone from another race... Say being white for example.... It may be a red flag...

Also... If you met your spouse on the Internet... That may also be another red flag...

Have you ever been convicted of a serious crime or perhaps been deported from the US..

These a issues that I think makes the VO suspicious...

I may be wrong though.

So sorry about your case..

Perhaps with USCIS... They may be hope

How did you

Race shouldn't be an issue as there are many mixed race couples from different countries that get approved. Ditto couples who meet online.

It seems in most cases the consulate/embassy has already made their decision before the applicant even gets to the window.

Hoping and praying that their issue is corrected and resolved soon.

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened....08/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/23/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/25/17
NOA1 Mailed......................08/30/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................08/31/17
Biometrics Mailed...............09/20/17
Biometrics Received..........09/22/17
Biometrics Appointment.....10/03/17
Approved............................09/24/18

N400 Timeline

90 Day Window Opens...........08/22/18

N-400 Filed (Online)...............08/23/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/24/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/31/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/21/18

In Line For Interview.............05/23/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............05/24/19

Interview................................07/01/19

Oath.......................................07/17/19

Thanks again.

I will get him do that. We are going to call the embassy again tomorrow just in case.

I didn't know that the embassy would ask us to bring additional financial documents. I kinda thought it's nvc's job. I hope everything goes well next week!

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

A few post back someone ask the same thing. It's an old $ form not updated. The Part 1 and 2 refers to the old DS-230 form. Just have the confirmation page thats all that is required to bring.

Yup I realized the post right after I posted that post.. LOL silly me ?.. sorry for the inconvenience that I caused..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Sex life.... Unbelievable!!!!

I think you didn't give enough convincing response and the VO suspected some issues with the marriage been genuine....

Is your spouse from India? I mean an Indian like you?

If your spouse is not... And perhaps someone from another race... Say being white for example.... It may be a red flag...

Also... If you met your spouse on the Internet... That may also be another red flag...

Have you ever been convicted of a serious crime or perhaps been deported from the US..

These a issues that I think makes the VO suspicious...

I may be wrong though.

So sorry about your case..

Perhaps with USCIS... They may be hope

How did you

Does meeting online can cause visa denial? I think I saw some ppl who met their spouse online got approved.

Filed: Timeline

Hi,

I understand this thread is for CC but I have a question that would be answered more accurately here than any other thread.

I sent my documents(AOS/IV package) which were received by NVC August 24th. Then our agent from back home made my husband send original documents which were received September 1st(wrong step on agent's part, I feel he should have known this was not supposed to be done, now time is being wasted because of him, no point complaining now I guess). I am on the 29th day and no news so I called NVC to get an update as I have seen someone with a scan date of August 31st get approved in 21 days. So, anyhow, I was told that it might take up to October 15th to review the documents as there are two pieces of mail. The operator also said that if it's not reviewed by October 15th I can call again and get a supervisor to review it.

I wanted to know how that process works, if anyone is familiar with it. ( I saw somewhere that it might take anywhere from 1 week to 53 days for a supervisor review/CC). My question is what's my best bet, should i just wait or get a supervisor to review it after October 15th. I don't want to cause more delay. My wedding anniversary is January 1st and I am hoping my husband gets here before that.

PLEASE help.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I understand this thread is for CC but I have a question that would be answered more accurately here than any other thread.

I sent my documents(AOS/IV package) which were received by NVC August 24th. Then our agent from back home made my husband send original documents which were received September 1st(wrong step on agent's part, I feel he should have known this was not supposed to be done, now time is being wasted because of him, no point complaining now I guess). I am on the 29th day and no news so I called NVC to get an update as I have seen someone with a scan date of August 31st get approved in 21 days. So, anyhow, I was told that it might take up to October 15th to review the documents as there are two pieces of mail. The operator also said that if it's not reviewed by October 15th I can call again and get a supervisor to review it.

I wanted to know how that process works, if anyone is familiar with it. ( I saw somewhere that it might take anywhere from 1 week to 53 days for a supervisor review/CC). My question is what's my best bet, should i just wait or get a supervisor to review it after October 15th. I don't want to cause more delay. My wedding anniversary is January 1st and I am hoping my husband gets here before that.

PLEASE help.

as you are almost near to 30days from the last scan date, I would suggest you to talk to a supervisor. When u get connected to first level rep, ask them to connect you to a supervisor. A supervisor might help you better in this. You need to struggle a lot to talk to a supervisor. They will not be available all the time.

18-Apr-2014-----------------Marriage
USCIS
18-Aug-2014-----------------I130 Sent
19-Aug-2014-----------------I130 NOA1
21-Jan-2015-----------------I130 NOA2 (Five months and two days)
NVC
04-Feb-2015-----------------NVC Received Our Case
04-Feb-2015-----------------Husband naturalized and IR1 upgrade request sent to NVC
21-May-2015-----------------Case Upgraded to IR1
05-Aug-2015-----------------Received Case Complete confirmation email
10-Sep-2015------------------Interview Scheduled
16-Sep-2015------------------Interview email Received
Mumbai Embassy
18-Sep-2015------------------Medical (Chennai Apollo)
23-Sep-2015------------------Finger Printing (Chennai)
05-Oct-2015-------------------Interview - APPROVED
07-Oct-2015-------------------Passport Picked Up in CHENNAI
Check my profile for the detail timeline.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I got CC 9/9 and still waiting patiently for interview date at ciudad Juarez too ?? hopefully in October we receive a date

Glad to read someone else besides me, has also filed in Ciudad Juarez. Wishing you best of luck! Hopefully we both get interview dates for November! :)

10/09/14 - Marriage (L)

02/03/15 - I-130 Sent

02/09/15 - NOA1 :clock:

07/20/15 - NOA2 :dancing:

07/28/15 - USCIS sent case to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC received case

08/14/15 - NVC assigned Case # and IIN #

08/20/15- Paid AOS and IV Fees

08/22/15 - Submitted DS-260

08/25/15 - Sent AOS/IV Packages

08/31/15 - Scan Date (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone) :clock:

09/17/15 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone - 17 days from scan date) :dancing::dance::dancing:

09/24/15 - Received Email with CC Confirmation Letter

10/01/15 - Called NVC, and got Interview Scheduled!! :dancing::dance::dancing:

10/06/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Email

10/09/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Mail

11/20/15 - Medical Appt.

11/23/15 - Biometrics Appt.

11/24/15 - Interview in Ciudad Juarez, MX - APPROVED!! :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well they asked

Why did u married her

When did u meet her

How many times did u had sex

When did ur parents died

Who was there in wedding

She didn't saw.anything.. Entire time typed and typed

I am quite surprised that they asked you about your sex life...I guess we should all be prepared to ANY QUESTIONS!! Literally!

I do have a question for you though, I went into your profile and read your story about you and your wife. I came to the conclusion (from reading it) that you possibly got married to her on her first visit? I came to that conclusion, since you state on your story "Her 2nd Visit was on 24-05-15" which was this year.. correct? and you got married in 2014 (her first visit)? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by MsJC

10/09/14 - Marriage (L)

02/03/15 - I-130 Sent

02/09/15 - NOA1 :clock:

07/20/15 - NOA2 :dancing:

07/28/15 - USCIS sent case to NVC

08/03/15 - NVC received case

08/14/15 - NVC assigned Case # and IIN #

08/20/15- Paid AOS and IV Fees

08/22/15 - Submitted DS-260

08/25/15 - Sent AOS/IV Packages

08/31/15 - Scan Date (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone) :clock:

09/17/15 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! (NVC Rep Confirmed by phone - 17 days from scan date) :dancing::dance::dancing:

09/24/15 - Received Email with CC Confirmation Letter

10/01/15 - Called NVC, and got Interview Scheduled!! :dancing::dance::dancing:

10/06/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Email

10/09/15 - Received Interview Letter with Instructions (P4) via Mail

11/20/15 - Medical Appt.

11/23/15 - Biometrics Appt.

11/24/15 - Interview in Ciudad Juarez, MX - APPROVED!! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.