SweetJuls

September 2015 Filers

2,507 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, we did ours our self as well using the guides on here which have been extremely helpful. I understand the nervousness of thinking you may have missed something, we had a friend look over the paperwork to make sure everything was there. A lawyer really isn't needed considering all they really do is verify you have everything that the guides here tell you to get and sign/date and if you use a lawyer, you are still doing all the work considering you are the ones that have to provide and gather all the documentation still. So unless you have a complicated issue that you know will raise red flags, there is no need for a lawyer and the extra cost.

Oh ok. I did use the guide on here and followed the instructions on the uscis website. They were both very helpful

VJ predicts my case will be adjudicated Sept 22-26. I keep stalking the status update page because I'm so anxious lol.

Edited by Tota2015

**I am the petitioner**

K-1 Visa Timeline :clock:

I-129F mailed: Aug 28, 2015

Application delivered: Aug 29, 2015

NOA1: Sept 2, 2015

NOA2: Oct 1, 2015

Case Ready @ Embassy: Oct 27, 2015

Did anyone do their I-129F application themselves?

We couldn't afford a lawyer so I did tons of research and put the packet together myself. But, now I am even more nervous that I missed something. Anyone else having these emotions?

Your just beginning to travel on the "emotional" roller coaster of a life time. You will second guess, panic, and question everything you are doing and guess what? Everyone before you has had the same feelings.

Glad to have you onboard at VJ.

Ask any questions that you are unsure about.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Oh ok. I did use the guide on here and followed the instructions on the uscis website. They were both very helpful

VJ predicts my case will be adjudicated Sept 22-26. I keep stalking the status update page because I'm so anxious lol.

We also just did everything ourselves, and ours was more than 4 months in the making. It's not a walk in the park especially we were completing the paperworks apart. Being someone who is a bit of an OC (and paranoid), I want everything to be perfect.. But all I could do was to look at what my fiancé was doing from the skype screen, lol. But I trusted him when he told me "don't worry, we are going to be fine. The papers are perfect." :)

So yeah, I'm going to tell the same thing to all of us.. We are going to be just fine. Before we know it, there'll be no more distance between us!

BTW, speaking of stalking the status tracker, how many days do you give before it recognizes your receipt number? We received our e-NOA1 on Friday and the tracker still doesn't recognize our WAC number. Thank you for the replies!! :)

Edited by mcssae7883

"God has made everything beautiful in its time." Ecclesiastes 3:11

Timeline

We also just did everything ourselves, and ours was more than 4 months in the making. It's not a walk in the park especially we were completing the paperworks apart. Being someone who is a bit of an OC (and paranoid), I want everything to be perfect.. But all I could do was to look at what my fiancé was doing from the skype screen, lol. But I trusted him when he told me "don't worry, we are going to be fine. The papers are perfect." :)

So yeah, I'm going to tell the same thing to all of us.. We are going to be just fine. Before we know it, there'll be no more distance between us!

BTW, speaking of stalking the status tracker, how many days do you give before it recognizes your receipt number? We received our e-NOA1 on Friday and the tracker still doesn't recognize our WAC number. Thank you for the replies!! :)

I'm OC as well. My fiance had to send me multiple copies of the form he did (both completed by him and signed but blank) so I could redo it if I didn't think it was perfect lol.

The tracker recognized my WAC number the same day I got my e-notification.

**I am the petitioner**

I'm OC as well. My fiance had to send me multiple copies of the form he did (both completed by him and signed but blank) so I could redo it if I didn't think it was perfect lol.

The tracker recognized my WAC number the same day I got my e-notification.

Really? How come ours still say "Not Recognized".. Is there something wrong? :'/ okay, I realized I'm being paranoid again.. Maybe I'll give it a couple more days.

Really? How come ours still say "Not Recognized".. Is there something wrong? :'/ okay, I realized I'm being paranoid again.. Maybe I'll give it a couple more days.

This is not a race but a marathon. Just relax. Take a deep breath. You are doing just fine.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

This is not a race but a marathon. Just relax. Take a deep breath. You are doing just fine.

*taking deep breaths* thank you sooo much! I'm glad I found a support system :)

Timeline

*taking deep breaths* thank you sooo much! I'm glad I found a support system :)

Like Greenbaum said, don't stress about it too much. Seems like the USCIS case status site has been having a few issues lately anyway. If it goes a couple weeks or so without knowing something, then maybe you can call them. Otherwise, don't worry too much. :)

**I am the petitioner**

I sent in my package on Sept 8th via USPS express to their Lewisville address. It was received and signed on Sept 9th, but I haven't gotten the email notification yet. Seeing others getting their email notification 2 days after the case is delivered, I'm really getting worried.

Each case is different and may require additional processing. There is no magic wand or crystal ball that will move your case faster and no one can tell you with any certainty when yours will be accepted and acted upon. If you read the entries above, everyone is concerned about their case. It's natural. But like I said, it's a marathon not a race.

:time:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Timeline

I sent in my package on Sept 8th via USPS express to their Lewisville address. It was received and signed on Sept 9th, but I haven't gotten the email notification yet. Seeing others getting their email notification 2 days after the case is delivered, I'm really getting worried.

Try to keep calm. All of us has different timing. It is how it is. Eventually you'll get news from them. No worries.

We received our NoA1 in hardcopy last Saturday. Now, we'll just live the life and wait for more information.

I would like to add that sometimes in all this process you are so focused to look the future, that you're missing the present.

Enjoy everyday, and everything will be fine.

That's my advice.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Usually takes 2-3 days after they recieved, for them to processes and send you an email.

If USCIS recieved it on Sept 9,

Sept 10 - 1st day

Sept 11 - 2nd day (plus some people might be off)

Sept 12, 13 - weekened

So Sept 14(today) or 15th -- you should get a notice.

Everything is still on schedule, nothing to worry....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think the guide on this site is very clear and pretty straight forward. Though my should be going out today or tomorrow... I still think we should all be steadfast and remember we all have a unique cases. I have been through it before 6 years ago and it was very quick... but couldn't go for the k1 visa interview. Between I am the beneficiary.

K1 Visa Journey (I am the beneficiary) :dance: :dancing:

I-129F - Sent: September 16, 2015

I-129F - Received: September 17, 2015

NOA1 - E-Notification: September 22, 2015 NOA1 - Hard Copy: September 29, 2015

NOA2 - E-Notification: October 16, 2015 NOA2 - Hard Copy: October 24, 2015

NVC Received: November 3, 2015 NVC Case# Assigned; November 4, 2015

NVC Sent to Consulate: November 5, 2015

At Embassy-ready: November 9, 2015

Packet 3 received - November 20, 2015  Packet 3 sent - November 30, 2015

Medicals - December 4, 2015

Packet 4 receiver - December 17, 2015

Interview - January 20, 2016 -- Approved!!!

Visa received - January 29, 2016

POE - May 15, 2016

05/27/2016 - MARRIED!!!

AOS

05/31/2016 - AOS & EAD & AP applications mailed via USPS priority mail

06/01/2016 - Delivered to Chicago and signed for.

06/05/2016 - NOA1 Received (Electronic notices) all 3

06/06/2016 - Check of $1070 fee for AOS (I-485) was cashed

06/09/2016 - NOA1 Received (All 3 Hard copies date 06/03/2016)

06/17/2016 - Biometrics letter received (dated 06/11/2016 and appointment 06/28/2016)  06/20/2016 Biometrics done - Walked in.

07/14/2016 Case update online (RFIE i-485)

07/18/2016 RFIE Received Hard copy (Birth Certificate - Not an easy fix) PAUSED

07/21/2016 RFIE sent to NBC

07/22/2016 RFIE Received by NBC -signed

07/27/2016 RFIE Response Received

08/17/2016 Service request online...

11/30/2016 AOS Card Produced

12/05/2016 Approval Notice Received (Hard copies) Case Status for I-485 updated to "Card was mailed to me"

12/08/2016 Green Card Received

ROC - i-751

08/31/2018 - ROC i-751 applications mailed via USPS priority mail

Hello, fellow September 2015 filers! I've been following this forum since early July, but just sent our K-1 petition to Lewisville on Saturday, September 12. From what I've read, petitions are being readily processed at the California Visa Center, so I'm optimistic that our case will be the same.

Good luck to everyone!

Naturalization Adventure

Spoiler

[Day 000] May 18, 2020: Naturalization package accepted by USCIS

[Day 268] February 10, 2021: Interview scheduled

[Day 305 ] March 19, 2021: Approved!

[Day 309 ] March 23, 2021: Oath ceremony

ROC Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] April 29, 2019: ROC package accepted by USCIS

[Day 036] June 4, 2019: Biometrics taken at USCIS center in VA

[Day 330] March 24, 2020: Case transferred to NBC to ease case backlog at EAC

[Day 380 ] May 13, 2020: Online status updated to "interview ready to be scheduled" 

[Day 690] March 19, 2021: Approved during combo interview

AOS Adventure:

Spoiler

[Day 000] March 8, 2016: Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package to Chicago lockbox

[Day 035] April 12, 2016: Biometrics appointment

[Day 052] April 29, 2016: Received EAD/AP combo card in the mail

[Day 412] April 25, 2017: EAD/AP renewal documents approved; received card in hand first week of May

[Day 470] June 22, 2017: Received RFE for five items with 84 days to respond 

[Day 477] June 29, 2017: Second medical due to the case pending for more than one year 

[Day 505]: July 27, 2017: GREEN CARD APPLICATION WAS APPROVED WITHOUT INTERVIEW!!!!!

[Day 554]: September 14, 2017: Green card arrived in the mail and brought our 18-month AOS journey to an end

K-1 Adventure:

Spoiler

Fall 2005: Met as students at university

July 2015: Got engaged

September 12, 2015: Mailed K-1 Visa Petition to Lewisville Lockbox

September 16, 2015: NOA1 Received (Electronic Notice)

October 2, 2015: NOA2 (Electronic Notice)

October 23, 2015: Approved I-129F Received by NVC and Assigned Case Number

October 29, 2015: Petition documents arrived at AIT in Taipei

November 2, 2015: Received Packet 3 from AIT via email

November 10, 2015: Medical appointment

November 23, 2015: Visa interview

November 27, 2015: VISA APPROVED!!

February 1, 2016: POE in Minneapolis

February 6, 2016: Married!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello, fellow September 2015 filers! I've been following this forum since early July, but just sent our K-1 petition to Lewisville on Saturday, September 12. From what I've read, petitions are being readily processed at the California Visa Center, so I'm optimistic that our case will be the same.

Good luck to everyone!

Yes, from what I have read, all new petitions are directed to California until further notice.

Ours was sent to Cali just a week earlier.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.