1,749 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Singapore
Timeline

How Come people who have filed F2a with a PD in 2015 got approved faster than the ones filed in Dec 2014

Hi,

I checked your timeline and noticed your case is being processed at Vermont Visa Center. If I am not mistaken, that office is known for being slow. They recently transferred cases to CVS tho

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They responded a bit slow. i noticed i sent them the email on may 7 and they responded on july 2.

is it the same time with Affidavit of Support? Thanks!

Last year, during my time to process my papers, they change manner of submitting the AOS and Visa packages.

Before the AOS and Visa Package are submitted separately, Now, it is now submitted together. Of course you need to arrange (separate) the AOS documents and the Visa package documents, but have them in one package and submit it together as one package.

USCIS

F2A - Filed for my wife - second leg of our immigration journey.

Jun 05, 2015 - Send i130 form

Jun 08, 2015 - Priority Date (NOA1)

Aug 06, 2015 - NOA2 (Approval) - 59 days from NOA1

NVC

Aug 28, 2015 - NVC Received (Case number available no IIN yet)

Jan 22, 2016 - Received NVC WL.

Jan 22, 2016 - Paid AOS fee.

Feb 02, 2016 - Receive IV Fee Invoice

Feb 04, 2016 - Paid IV Fee

Feb 06, 2016 - DS260 - Done

Feb 13, 2016 - Package Sent

Feb 16, 2016 - NVC Scan Date

Mar 17, 2016 - Case Complete - (Through Phone Call with NVC Mar 18, 2016) - 284 days from NOA1

Mar 24, 2016 - CC email received.

USEM

Mar 30, 2017 - Interview Letter Recieved.

Apr 04, 2017 - Medical

May 02, 2017 - Interview

MMM DD, YYYY - Visa-on-hand

MMM DD, YYYY - CFO

MMM DD, YYYY - POE

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

I checked your timeline and noticed your case is being processed at Vermont Visa Center. If I am not mistaken, that office is known for being slow. They recently transferred cases to CVS tho

my case got transferred to csc from vsc on 27th Aug. My wife is here in US on vistor visa and we want to apply for her AOS. But we have to wait I guess for NOA2 approval

Timeline

my case got transferred to csc from vsc on 27th Aug. My wife is here in US on vistor visa and we want to apply for her AOS. But we have to wait I guess for NOA2 approval

oh, great! now, csc processing time for i-130 says oct 2 2014. Are you a US citizen? I have been wanting to file AOS for my husband too but I was told we have to find a way to keep his visa valid until a visa is available. Im only a green card holder so we have to wait for his priority date to be current.

Last year, during my time to process my papers, they change manner of submitting the AOS and Visa packages.

Before the AOS and Visa Package are submitted separately, Now, it is now submitted together. Of course you need to arrange (separate) the AOS documents and the Visa package documents, but have them in one package and submit it together as one package.

oh, i see! Thanks for the info. I just asked my hubby to get his police clearance and all. completely clueless before this!

Timeline

oh, great! now, csc processing time for i-130 says oct 2 2014. Are you a US citizen? I have been wanting to file AOS for my husband too but I was told we have to find a way to keep his visa valid until a visa is available. Im only a green card holder so we have to wait for his priority date to be current.

oh, i see! Thanks for the info. I just asked my hubby to get his police clearance and all. completely clueless before this!

Is your husband in the US to file AOS ? Are you waiting for NOA2 approval of i130?

Timeline

Is your husband in the US to file AOS ? Are you waiting for NOA2 approval of i130?

Hi Pragati,

He was here last summer & he visits me frequently. If we wanted to file AOS, he would be entering US using tourist visa. He was once here under J1 visa for a year. Our I-130 is already approved months ago. We are waiting for our NVC welcome letter now.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline

Here you go guys, added some more (quite a few applied on 2/3):

NAME--------------------PD----------NOA2--------NVC------CASE COMP.----INTERVIEW

saidk-----------------07JAN15-----------------15SEP15-----

neriel19--------------12JAN15-----16APR15-----02JUL15-----

MarGil----------------20JAN15-----06APR15-----

myao------------------03FEB15-----06APR15-----23APR15-----

Krishia---------------03FEB15-----

pb2005----------------03FEB15-----

sony119---------------09MAR15-----22JUN15-----09SEP15-----

carot12---------------09MAR15-----

angeleyes053188-------17MAR15-----

mnlDad----------------08JUN15-----06AUG15-----

Blankstare------------16JUN15-----

DNIEPU----------------29JUN15-----01SEP15-----

djawal----------------29JUN15-----03SEP15-----

kemal1010-------------09JUL15-----

enoo------------------10JUL15-----

Gakkykiba-------------29JUL15-----

ykrainochka-----------26AUG15-----

My NOA2 is 28AUG15

Marriage (if applicable): 2014-12-27 (L)

I-130 Sent : 2015-03-11

I-130 NOA1 : 2015-3-17

I-130 Approved : 2015-04-28 :dancing:

National Visa Center State:

NVC Received : 2015-08-04

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 1/19/2016 :dancing: :wow:

Pay AOS Bill & IV Bill: 1/27/2016 :dancing: :wow:

D260 Submitted: 1/10/2016

AOS and IV Packages mailed to NVC:3/12/16

NVC Confirms they received packages: 3/14/16 :clock:

NVC Checklist (police Report): 4/13/2016 :oops:

NVC Police Report sent: 4/27/2016

NVC Received: 4/29/2016

Case Complete: 6/2/2016 Via Phone :goofy:

Medical:4/8/20016 :dancing:

Interview:

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Myao,

Just as the matter of curiosity, is there any particular reason that you are not going to that route? I mean your husband can visit you again on a tourist visa and while he is there you can file AOS. In that case he can stay there until your priority date becomes current.

Hi Pragati,

He was here last summer & he visits me frequently. If we wanted to file AOS, he would be entering US using tourist visa. He was once here under J1 visa for a year. Our I-130 is already approved months ago. We are waiting for our NVC welcome letter now.

Edited by pb2005

Timeline

Hi Myao,

Just as the matter of curiosity, is there any particular reason that you are not going to that route? I mean your husband can visit you again on a tourist visa and while he is there you can file AOS. In that case he can stay there until your priority date becomes current.

Agreed. Infact filing AOS is costlier too. So why not do the consular processing instead...unless he has a good potential to get a job offer immediately once he gets ead

Timeline

Hi Myao,

Hi Pb2005,

We were thinking of filing his AOS but he has to stay in Singapore to attend on some work that would end on July 2016 (so timely!). We were told we needed to keep his J1 visa valid until his priority date becomes current.. or once we file AOS can he stay here on tourist visa?

Thanks!

Agreed. Infact filing AOS is costlier too. So why not do the consular processing instead...unless he has a good potential to get a job offer immediately once he gets ead

Hi Pragati,

Whenever he travels here, he works as freelance software engineer. I do hope he would be able to find a job soon enough. Are you filing AOS for your wife?

Thanks!

I tried accessing CEAC website :) I can access fee payment already but not the rest. Any thoughts? (is this normal?)

Hi guys!

Im new here and have couple questions. I am a LPR and want to apply I-130 for my son who is under 21, unmarried, I am his biological father, my and his mother's name are on his birth certificate and he is in US with F1 visa on status. I didnt understand about priority date. They told me that when they will receive I-130 they will give some kind of priority date and that he has to be legal for applying I-485. Could anyone explain how it will work and what to do? Thanks!

Timeline

Hi guys!

Im new here and have couple questions. I am a LPR and want to apply I-130 for my son who is under 21, unmarried, I am his biological father, my and his mother's name are on his birth certificate and he is in US with F1 visa on status. I didnt understand about priority date. They told me that when they will receive I-130 they will give some kind of priority date and that he has to be legal for applying I-485. Could anyone explain how it will work and what to do? Thanks!

Issuing visa to a relative of a LPR is subject to visa availability. You should check this link http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin/2016/visa-bulletin-for-october-2015.htmlfor priority dates.

Notice the image I sent you - you will get your priority date based on the date they accepted (correct me if im wrong) your i-130 application.

post-201949-0-39233900-1443034023_thumb.png

Edited by myao

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am not on F2 Visa Enoo. I was already here on a tourist visa when I met my husband and married him after 2 years I am here. I do not know about the process in bringing in your spouse or relative to the US. But eventually I would be doing that for my parents back home once I am a US Citizen it will be a awhile though.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.