4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Had interview today PH time, ceac status says READY CASE IS OPEN

How did the interview go?

Our AOS Timeline (from K1)

Application posted - March 31 (overnight delivery)

Received - April 1

NOA received - April 10 (NOA date April 6)

Biometrics date - May 10

RFE received - May 23 (missing tax document for 2015)

RFE response sent - May 26

EAD Card produced - June 3

EAD received - ??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

How did the interview go?

quick and easy...

I'm the petitioner, here's my fiance's interview experience.

Embassy: US Embassy Manila

he went 3:30am, (i told him to go 6am but he woke up so early and can't go back to sleep) he stayed in Bayview Park Hotel, he was 5th in line but 2 people inserted infront of him because they have kids with them.. he rented a chair for 30pesos... They started lining up at 0530, started asking for papers at 0600. then went in to a window to give the appointment confirmation, then finger print, then prescreening with Filipina consul... she asked: his name, fiancee's name, when did i immigrated to the US (since I am an immigrant), how did i able to immigrate, then she asked for his papers: nbi, cenomar, bc...she then asked if he has proof of relationship, fiance said YES and asked if she wanted to see the pictures, she said NO, it's ok...Then oathtaking, then interview with young american consul... he started questioning right away..he asked his name, bday, how did we met, fiancee's work, his work, when did fiancee went to the US.. He then said, I don't see any problems with your papers, consul gave him paper about his rights, then said, pls proceed to Step 5, your visa might be approved this afternoon. He asked the consul if he is approved, consul said not yet, your visa might be approved this afternoon. He went to step 5, person asked him if what did they consul say, he said that Consul told him CONGRATS, the person said, Consul's remarks says you can go home and wait for the visa to be delivered to your desired address, then he went home to his hotel by 9am

did not ask for affidavit of support or an financial evidence, never checked any proof that my fiance brought..

as of today, Ceac status says READY CASE IS OPEN..

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

One more question. We are gathering all documents for the interview. They are asking for birth certificates form all applicants. Do I as the petitioner need to send my birth certificate or does this just mean my girlfriend? (I sent copies of my passport instead of a birth certificate with the original K-1 application)

Also, they are asking for evidence of a relationship. We submitted the evidence with the origianl K-1 application. Do we need to bring the same evidence again or just some additional evidence since the application?

Also, divorce decrees, I am the only one divorced and that evidence was also sent with the original K-1 application, do I need to send my information again?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but I would hate to screw up right at the end of the process. Thanks in advance. Rodney

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

One more question. We are gathering all documents for the interview. They are asking for birth certificates form all applicants. Do I as the petitioner need to send my birth certificate or does this just mean my girlfriend? (I sent copies of my passport instead of a birth certificate with the original K-1 application)

Also, they are asking for evidence of a relationship. We submitted the evidence with the original K-1 application. Do we need to bring the same evidence again or just some additional evidence since the application?

Also, divorce decrees, I am the only one divorced and that evidence was also sent with the original K-1 application, do I need to send my information again?

Sorry if these seem like stupid questions but I would hate to screw up right at the end of the process. Thanks in advance. Rodney

G'day there,

They state that they require birth certificates from All parties, so petitioner, beneficiary and any children under 21 years of age, Even if the the children are Not coming with beneficiary to the USA

As for evidence, they will be looking for more recent additional evidence of ongoing relationship. I have my interview 20 November and I will be taking the evidence that I have already submitted, plus additional of more recent nature: correspondence in form of cards/letters/emails/phone logs etc

The original copies of divorce decree needs to be brought to interview.

Mate, your questions are Not stupid, we need to get this right so as not to delay being able to get together with our partners, Not asking, and then getting an Administrative Delay due to that is stupid imho.

All the best in your journey brother

Met online through Runescape early 2013.. Just friends B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)

07 Nov 2013. Told her I loved her (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

June 2014 - Met her for 1st time, Sf is a great town, 5 of the best days ever <3 <3

July/Aug 2014 Spent another 5 days in Sf... only reinforced how much I loved her

March 2015 7 day trip to Sf again, we picked the wedding band (F)(F) (F) (F) (F)

Jun 2015 My Beau visited me here in Aussie..... We just want to be together for always

Aug 2015 My 1st visit to Texas, met the parents in her home town, did another trip to Sf... 20 days of BLISS

16 Aug 2015 Proposed and she said YES!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: (it was a surprise, she had no idea when I was going to 'pop the question')

I-129F Sent : 14 Aug 2015

I-129F NOA1 : 21 Aug 2015

I-129F NOA2 : 17 Sept 2015

NVC Received : 05 Oct 2015

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 05 Oct 2015

NVC Left : 13 Oct 2015

Consulate Received : 19 Oct 2015

Packet 3 Received : 21 Oct 2015

Packet 3 Sent : 21 Oct 2015

Packet 4 Received : 22 Oct 2015

Interview Date : 20 Nov 2015

26 Oct 2015: Medical in Brisbane, waiting on call for results to pick up report

02 Nov 2015: Call from Medical centre, report ready to pick up. I tested positive to Chicken Pox antibodies, so no need for shots

15 Nov 2015: Medical records collected, everything ready and collated for this Friday 20th Nov interview...waiting again....

Interview Result : APPROVED unconditionally Woooo Hooooo!!!

Visa Received : 25 Nov 2015 YAY!!! Now waiting for my business to sell....

US Entry : 19 Jan 2016

SSN and Marriage license applied for 22 Jan 2016

Marriage : 12 Feb 2016 <3 <3 <3

Comments :

Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 27 days from your NOA1 date.

It's a waiting game...... Let's PLAY!!!!

Timeline

quick and easy...

I'm the petitioner, here's my fiance's interview experience.

Embassy: US Embassy Manila

he went 3:30am, (i told him to go 6am but he woke up so early and can't go back to sleep) he stayed in Bayview Park Hotel, he was 5th in line but 2 people inserted infront of him because they have kids with them.. he rented a chair for 30pesos... They started lining up at 0530, started asking for papers at 0600. then went in to a window to give the appointment confirmation, then finger print, then prescreening with Filipina consul... she asked: his name, fiancee's name, when did i immigrated to the US (since I am an immigrant), how did i able to immigrate, then she asked for his papers: nbi, cenomar, bc...she then asked if he has proof of relationship, fiance said YES and asked if she wanted to see the pictures, she said NO, it's ok...Then oathtaking, then interview with young american consul... he started questioning right away..he asked his name, bday, how did we met, fiancee's work, his work, when did fiancee went to the US.. He then said, I don't see any problems with your papers, consul gave him paper about his rights, then said, pls proceed to Step 5, your visa might be approved this afternoon. He asked the consul if he is approved, consul said not yet, your visa might be approved this afternoon. He went to step 5, person asked him if what did they consul say, he said that Consul told him CONGRATS, the person said, Consul's remarks says you can go home and wait for the visa to be delivered to your desired address, then he went home to his hotel by 9am

did not ask for affidavit of support or an financial evidence, never checked any proof that my fiance brought..

as of today, Ceac status says READY CASE IS OPEN..

Congratulations!!!

June 2014 - Met her for 1st time, Sf is a great town, 5 of the best days ever <3 <3

July/Aug 2014 Spent another 5 days in Sf... only reinforced how much I loved her

March 2015 7 day trip to Sf again, we picked the wedding band (F)(F) (F) (F) (F)

Jun 2015 My Beau visited me here in Aussie..... We just want to be together for always

Aug 2015 My 1st visit to Texas, met the parents in her home town, did another trip to Sf... 20 days of BLISS

16 Aug 2015 Proposed and she said YES!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: (it was a surprise, she had no idea when I was going to 'pop the question')

02 Nov 2015: Call from Medical centre, report ready to pick up. I tested positive to Chicken Pox antibodies, so no need for shots

15 Nov 2015: Medical records collected, everything ready and collated for this Friday 20th Nov interview...waiting again....

Comments :

Timeline

I have a question for the experts. My girlfriend in coming on Jan. 3, 2016 but she wants to return to Colombia for Spring Break for a week with me. If we get married on the second week of March is she able to travel outside the US the next week or is there other paperwork we will have to file and wait on? If so, what is the usual timeline? Thanks very much in advance for your knowledge. Rodney

K1visa is valid for 1 time entry! So you will not be able to use that.

You will need to apply for Advance Parole in order to be able to enter US. (usually takes 2-3 month to be approved)

It can also be done as a part of applying for AOS.

mrsashko is correct, you need to apply for Advance Parole.

One Caveat though: In my following of other peoples cases, there have been times where AP was sought and approved then the beneficiary left the USA, only to find on return that authorities had deemed the beneficiary had abandoned the process and was not allowed back into the country. So in my case I am not going to leave, even if AP is approved, until my green card has been approved, unless ABSOLUTELY necessary.

Comments :

Timeline

G'day there,

They state that they require birth certificates from All parties, so petitioner, beneficiary and any children under 21 years of age, Even if the the children are Not coming with beneficiary to the USA

As for evidence, they will be looking for more recent additional evidence of ongoing relationship. I have my interview 20 November and I will be taking the evidence that I have already submitted, plus additional of more recent nature: correspondence in form of cards/letters/emails/phone logs etc

The original copies of divorce decree needs to be brought to interview.

Mate, your questions are Not stupid, we need to get this right so as not to delay being able to get together with our partners, Not asking, and then getting an Administrative Delay due to that is stupid imho.

All the best in your journey brother

Dang!!! I sent all the originals (I have no copies) with the original K-1 application :( Looks like I just delayed the process instead of the government. :(

Timeline

Dang!!! I sent all the originals (I have no copies) with the original K-1 application :( Looks like I just delayed the process instead of the government. :(

Oh.. #######, The K1 required copies, with the originals to be brought to interview here in Australia and the paperwork is same, no matter what country you are from.

Don't lose hope though, it is possible that the originals have been sent from NVC to Colombia and that the embassy will have them there when the interview happens..

Do you have time to expedite ordering more originals before your interview? (Just to be on the safe side) Here I was able to order certificates to arrive to me within a week, but I don't know how long your country takes to process.

Comments :

Timeline

I have a question for the experts. My girlfriend in coming on Jan. 3, 2016 but she wants to return to Colombia for Spring Break for a week with me. If we get married on the second week of March is she able to travel outside the US the next week or is there other paperwork we will have to file and wait on? If so, what is the usual timeline? Thanks very much in advance for your knowledge. Rodney

G'day Rodney,

Mate I just reread your question about your fiance' coming to USA and then leaving for Spring Break (starts 1st week of March for you?).

The idea of the K1 is to allow you to bring your fiance' into the country and then you must marry within 90 days, on top of that, within that 90 day period you must also apply for Adjustment of Status (AOS) in which you apply for your AP and your residency(green card).

I note she is coming January, yet not marrying until March. Can I suggest, Anyone can correct me if my understanding is wrong, that she does not leave the country until at very least you are married, even if you just have a quick courthouse ceremony. I could pretty much guarantee that if you leave and are not married the authorities Will deem that the process has been abandoned. The K1 is a one use only visa and cannot be used for re-entry into the USA. The AP will not apply as you are not married and you will then have to go through it all again.

So, my suggestion is get married(in a court or bring date forward) as soon as allowed (TX has a 72hr notification period from memory), then immediately apply for AOS, AP needs to be approved before you leave country, read the caveat I put up earlier. On that basis, is probably Not wise to go for Spring Break.

If you marry in Jan and apply for AOS/AP, the AP may be approved in time for Spring Break, then have the family wedding in March as planned. 8-)

Edited by lueds

Comments :

Timeline

G'day Rodney,

Mate I just reread your question about your fiance' coming to USA and then leaving for Spring Break (starts 1st week of March for you?).

The idea of the K1 is to allow you to bring your fiance' into the country and then you must marry within 90 days, on top of that, within that 90 day period you must also apply for Adjustment of Status (AOS) in which you apply for your AP and your residency(green card).

I note she is coming January, yet not marrying until March. Can I suggest, Anyone can correct me if my understanding is wrong, that she does not leave the country until at very least you are married, even if you just have a quick courthouse ceremony. I could pretty much guarantee that if you leave and are not married the authorities Will deem that the process has been abandoned. The K1 is a one use only visa and cannot be used for re-entry into the USA. The AP will not apply as you are not married and you will then have to go through it all again.

So, my suggestion is get married(in a court or bring date forward) as soon as allowed (TX has a 72hr notification period from memory), then immediately apply for AOS, AP needs to be approved before you leave country, read the caveat I put up earlier. On that basis, is probably Not wise to go for Spring Break

Thanks lueds, we have decided to just go skiing in Colorado for Spring Break if the interview is successful. Right now I am having to get new originals of birth certificate, divorce records and police report all for me because I sent the original originals with the initial K-1 application. I hope I can get everything soon so we can have the interview before Christmas :/

Timeline

Thanks lueds, we have decided to just go skiing in Colorado for Spring Break if the interview is successful. Right now I am having to get new originals of birth certificate, divorce records and police report all for me because I sent the original originals with the initial K-1 application. I hope I can get everything soon so we can have the interview before Christmas :/

Sorry to rain on your parade mate, but would hate for you both to find yourselves at the beginning of the process again due to a little misunderstanding.

Has your fiance' done the DS160, online profile, and paid the fee? You will need that done before they will assign an interview date.

I did my DS160 online and tried to apply for interview, but the scheduling of an interview online was disabled for K1 applicants. I then sent an email to the consulate asking if I had made an error and that I am ready for an interview. 2 days later they notified my lady that I had to contact them with DS160 details, receipt number and my contact information, which I did. 2 days later I had my interview date.

Hope this helps mate...

Maybe we can catch up in TX, I'm hoping to arrive 15 Dec, but that is dependent on my business selling before then

Comments :

Timeline

Sorry to rain on your parade mate, but would hate for you both to find yourselves at the beginning of the process again due to a little misunderstanding.

Has your fiance' done the DS160, online profile, and paid the fee? You will need that done before they will assign an interview date.

I did my DS160 online and tried to apply for interview, but the scheduling of an interview online was disabled for K1 applicants. I then sent an email to the consulate asking if I had made an error and that I am ready for an interview. 2 days later they notified my lady that I had to contact them with DS160 details, receipt number and my contact information, which I did. 2 days later I had my interview date.

Hope this helps mate...

Maybe we can catch up in TX, I'm hoping to arrive 15 Dec, but that is dependent on my business selling before then

I will be back in the county January 3, in Dallas. Contact me after that date.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Interviewed is scheduled!!! She goes on November 18th. If she gets it, she's gonna fly over on November 20th!! Wow!!! I can't believe we're at this stage. ?

Tag

Priority Mailed I-129 on 8/10/15

Tracked and Received by Texas Lockbox 8/12/15

N.O.A.1 email/text 08/17/15

N.O.A. 1 hard copy 8/21/15

R.F.E. 09/02/15 ?

N.O.A. 2 email/text 09/24/15

N.O.A. 2 hard copy 09/28/15

N.V.C. Received 10/15/15

N.V.C Case#10/19/15

N.V.C. In Transit 10/20/15

Case Received 10/22/15

Medical 11/17/

Appointment date 11/18/15

Approval 11/18/15!!!!!!!!!!

P.O.E. J.F.K.- 11/27/15 ?????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Interviewed is scheduled!!! She goes on November 18th. If she gets it, she's gonna fly over on November 20th!! Wow!!! I can't believe we're at this stage. ?

Tag

Good luck! But I don't understand what you mean by "If she gets it, she's gonna fly over on November 20th!". Do you mean she will be on a flight to the US that day? You do understand that she COULD be placed in AP, that issuing the visa can take a little and that she still needs to get her passport and the package in the mail / or she needs to pick it up? Give it some time, I HIGHLY doubt that your fiancée will be able to come to the US so soon after the interview. If that's not what you meant, then disregard this message. Best of luck again! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.