Rob L

Donald Trump Says John McCain Is No War Hero, Setting Off Another Storm [edited title]

149 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

shutterstock_57341071-458x307.jpg

"What?! Is somebody, anywhere, a few rats short of a control group?" said the mouse.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

"What?! Is somebody, anywhere, a few rats short of a control group?" said the mouse.

That mouse has really big feet/paws, he must be hung like a rat.

shutterstock_57341071-458x307.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Not to mention that many here who support Trump's position came into the US through the very same channels as many of these Mexicans, which in essence don't make them any different than the Mexicans they despise. Funny how that works...

Here is the interesting thing:

On many issues Donald Trump is a moderate or maybe even a liberal.

But he is not sending us his best ideas, he not sending us you. He is sending us incendiary remarks meant to pander to our less than noble selves in hopes or firing up a group of folks who prefer anger over effectiveness and some, I guess, of his points might be fact based.

The content available on a site dedicated to bringing folks to America should not be promoting racial discord, euro-supremacy, discrimination based on religion , exclusion of groups from immigration based on where they were born, disenfranchisement of voters rights based on how they might vote.

horsey-change.jpg?w=336&h=265

Here is the interesting thing:

On many issues Donald Trump is a moderate or maybe even a liberal.

But he is not sending us his best ideas, he not sending us you. He is sending us incendiary remarks meant to pander to our less than noble selves in hopes or firing up a group of folks who prefer anger over effectiveness and some, I guess, of his points might be fact based.

Which is why this whole presidential campaign for Trump is probably nothing more than a ploy to stay in the spotlight. Let's face it, that's all it really is for 75% of the candidates anyway. Just a way to keep themselves in the headlines for a while longer or even rejuvenate a career for some.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What truth? Are the majority of immigrants criminals and rapists? I linked the story in which shows that crime coming from that community has gone down.

Do you consort with criminals and rapists? Because you said you've made about 20 or so trips down there.

Majority? Where you pull that from? Never seen him say Majority.

Of course I don't consort with criminals, I got no time for that especially in a foreign country. I consort with police and politicians and mayors, it makes life easier when in other countries.......

Majority? Where you pull that from? Never seen him say Majority.

Of course I don't consort with criminals, I got no time for that especially in a foreign country. I consort with police and politicians and mayors, it makes life easier when in other countries.......

Once again:

When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people

That's a pretty blanket statement. He said nothing about illegal immigrants, he said people from Mexico. He made no such distinction between the two. And he assumes some are good people, not most.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Twice Again - Here is what he said. And he was referring to the illegals aliens

"The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. [Applause] Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Twice Again - Here is what he said. And he was referring to the illegals aliens

"The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else’s problems. [Applause] Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

Where in that statement does he say anything about illegal immigrants? Highlight where he says it, because I'm pretty sure my eyesight isn't betraying me.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Where in that statement does he say anything about illegal immigrants? Highlight where he says it, because I'm pretty sure my eyesight isn't betraying me.

Well do you think he was referring to legal immigrants?

That's pretty much common knowledge he was referring to illegals coming to US

Well do you think he was referring to legal immigrants?

That's pretty much common knowledge he was referring to illegals coming to US

Doesn't matter what I think. He didn't say illegal immigrants. He said people from Mexico. That's why people are upset.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Doesn't matter what I think. He didn't say illegal immigrants. He said people from Mexico. That's why people are upset.

and the majority are illegal.

This is common knowledge............

and the majority are illegal.

This is common knowledge............

Wait, did you just say the majority of people from Mexico are illegal? What about the Mexican-Americans here that were born here? Or the ones who received their citizenship through naturalization?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

Wait, did you just say the majority of people from Mexico are illegal? What about the Mexican-Americans here that were born here? Or the ones who received their citizenship through naturalization?

Majority coming to USA. Estimated to be around 700,000 per year.

Compare that to how many visa US Embassy in Mexico and I am sure it almost 10 times.

Gonna say take 52 week per year, times 5 equal 260 days per year. Take out federal/state holidays and you get about 250 working day per year. Divide 700,000/250 and you get 2,800 people coming illegally across US/Mexico border per day....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Majority coming to USA. Estimated to be around 700,000 per year.

Compare that to how many visa US Embassy in Mexico and I am sure it almost 10 times.

Gonna say take 52 week per year, times 5 equal 260 days per year. Take out federal/state holidays and you get about 250 working day per year. Divide 700,000/250 and you get 2,800 people coming illegally across US/Mexico border per day....

I didn't realize that illegal immigrants only crossed the border on workdays. :rofl: