Rob L

Donald Trump Says John McCain Is No War Hero, Setting Off Another Storm [edited title]

149 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Duh! On top of it all they are lazy. They should be working on workdays... Border crossing is the latest fad in playing hooky...

I didn't realize that illegal immigrants only crossed the border on workdays. :rofl:

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I was alive (just) when it was still going on, and I've watched Apocalypse Now twice -- does that count?

Yes I vote for that counting, but only if you got excited when, the Napalm in the morning comment was made

My brother was in Vietnam.

From what I have read is early that week Trump held a rally in McCains state of Arizona, and McCain called his supporters crazies.

He said what he said about McCain and isn't going to apologize. , He also said he gave McCain $1million dollars during his presidential run. If you look back on McCain he appears to have the personality of a stick in mud.

It appears Trump has hit a nerve with the American public and they are really starting to support him. I still have not researched his political views on guns and abortion, but from what I have seen from him he has impressed me.

I like his no hold back attitude. He says he would build a wall on the US/Mexico border and I bet he would build a great one. And then he would charge the Mexican Government for each illegal he has to send back.

Trump as President could cripple the Mexico economy.............

Isn't odd how all the brainless left echo chamber are now big McCain fans when such a short time ago , he was so despised by them all, with so much Vitriol directed at him from the muddy left ditch

Still what Trump said was idiotic and smelled of D bagness

I don't recall the Muddy left ditch getting bent about this

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/al-franken-criticize-jon-mccain-captured-donald-trump-120359.html

Fifteen years ago, Al Franken took a dig at John McCain for being captured during the Vietnam War.

“I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don’t buy the war hero thing,” Franken wrote in an essay about the 2000 elections. “Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war.”

But those comments are getting fresh attention after Donald Trump caused an uproar this weekend for making similar comments about McCain’s war record.

On Monday, Franken’s office contended that the comedian-turned-Minnesota senator was just kidding around. He didn’t become a senator until winning a closely contested race in 2008.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/07/al-franken-criticize-jon-mccain-captured-donald-trump-120359.html#ixzz3gYydc5Xo

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I didn't realize that illegal immigrants only crossed the border on workdays. :rofl:

That was based on how many interview are done in Mexico per day. I would estimate around 150 to 250, so a day per day comparison.

100 to 200 visa issued daily, versus 2,800 illegally crossing border per day.......

I always respected McCain, even if I don't agree with the majority of his politics. If he hadn't veered so far to the right and taken on a half-wit as his potential VP he might have had a better shot in 2008.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

My brother was in Vietnam.

From what I have read is early that week Trump held a rally in McCains state of Arizona, and McCain called his supporters crazies.

He said what he said about McCain and isn't going to apologize. , He also said he gave McCain $1million dollars during his presidential run. If you look back on McCain he appears to have the personality of a stick in mud.

It appears Trump has hit a nerve with the American public and they are really starting to support him. I still have not researched his political views on guns and abortion, but from what I have seen from him he has impressed me.

I like his no hold back attitude. He says he would build a wall on the US/Mexico border and I bet he would build a great one. And then he would charge the Mexican Government for each illegal he has to send back.

Trump as President could cripple the Mexico economy.............

I'll bet you thought McCain was the cat's meow when he ran against Obama. So your brother was in Vietnam so McCain isn't a hero and that justifies Trump's comments.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I always respected McCain, even if I don't agree with the majority of his politics. If he hadn't veered so far to the right and taken on a half-wit as his potential VP he might have had a better shot in 2008.

OMG SMH, McCain far to the right ?

The Ditch is deep with this one

Isn't odd how all the brainless left echo chamber are now big McCain fans when such a short time ago , he was so despised by them all, with so much Vitriol directed at him from the muddy left ditch

Still what Trump said was idiotic and smelled of D bagness

I don't recall anyone here questioning McCain's service to the country when he ran against Obama. They may not have liked his politics, but I don't remember criticism of his service.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

I don't recall anyone here questioning McCain's service to the country when he ran against Obama. They may not have liked his politics, but I don't remember criticism of his service.

I don't recall what I had for lunch yesterday but I am sure it happened

Timeline

I'll bet you thought McCain was the cat's meow when he ran against Obama. So your brother was in Vietnam so McCain isn't a hero and that justifies Trump's comments.

I thought McCain was a poor choice to run for President.

He has the personality of a rock.

I wasn't a big fan of Romney either.

I thought McCain was a poor choice to run for President.

He has the personality of a rock.

I wasn't a big fan of Romney either.

Either would be far better for the country than Trump. There's more to being President than blowing your own horn.There's diplomacy, respect, etc.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

That was based on how many interview are done in Mexico per day. I would estimate around 150 to 250, so a day per day comparison.

100 to 200 visa issued daily, versus 2,800 illegally crossing border per day.......

Your comparison is not valid for the very reason I stated in my previous post. You should just compare how many come per year.

Timeline

Your comparison is not valid for the very reason I stated in my previous post. You should just compare how many come per year.

Either would be far better for the country than Trump. There's more to being President than blowing your own horn.There's diplomacy, respect, etc.

Time will tell.

When was the last time if ever we had a President that was not a former politician.

Maybe one of the General from World War 2