16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I Just want to say hi to everyone here. This is such a very helpful site in my journey to get a green card and maybe soon to Citizenship. I have been browsing through quietly about several topics regarding the different issues about getting a green card and this forum is really most helpful in understanding how the process works. Thanks to people who genuinely answer some of the questions that are thrown here.

I want to share my story with all of you guys. I came here on 2011 on a B1/B2 visa with no plans of staying long or having a family here my reason is to just come here and enjoy my vacation and at the same time to rediscover myself..............I was traveling around California and also worked as a part time caregiver on the side just to have extra money to travel to buy some gifts for my family back home and so I could enjoy my vacation while I am here, On July 2011 I was working as a reliever for another friend of mine to care for a cancer patient who was on hospice and when I came to care for her, she was going to die in 2 weeks her name is Janis, since I thought at that time the she would be my last patient before I go back to the Philippines at the end of the month, so I accepted, after 3 days with her she ask me if I could stay with her and helped her live a bit longer so that she could do the things she wants to do before she dies, I told her I am going to go back home after 2 weeks since my I-94 is going to expire on August 2011, but she insisted and cried and right then and there I said yes, how can you say no to that. She is kind enough to even suggest that we get married (she is not gay or lesbian by the way) in a state were same sex marriages are accepted just so I wont worry about my papers and I can come and go as I please, I just said no thanks and told her I will help her live a little bit longer and help her achieved her dreams. On my day off a friend of mine told me to go and try an online dating site just so I could take my mind of my situation, so I went online just for fun and there I met a lot of people and new friends along the way and then I met my husband that was like September 2011. We talked and texted and skype as a means of communications, since I was really busy with travelling and working I did not talked or texted him back for a few months then he invited me to see him and since it was my day off I agreed. I first met him February 2012 and we dated for awhile after that. I found out that I was pregnant on April 2012 which was a big surprise to me because I was diagnosed that I can't have children and it is the biggest reason why my ex-husband left me, so I came here to licked my wounds and heal. Anyways, once I've found out that I was pregnant I told my then boyfriend who is my husband now and he said to move in with him. So I did. after two years of living in with him he proposed to me and we got married on August 2013. It is just now July 2015 I filed my papers since a lot of things have happened along the way that my green card application kept on being pushed down the line of our priorities 3 moves from apartment to apartment then finally we bought a house last year June 2014 paying the mortgage comes first for the first year and now finally I got to file my document this July 2015 and as I was writing this, a small box popped out on my screen telling me that I got an notification that my packet was accepted. Yehey! I have a long way to go but right now I am waiting for my NOA1 in the mail. So guys wish me luck. Peace and my God bless all our journeys towards citizenship.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your story. You surely will get your GC without any problem since you have kid and this marriage is real. (F)

May 23 , 2014 - Mailed I485 Package to Chicago

June 10 , 2014 - E-mail , TEXT RECEIVED and check cashed.

June 14 ,2014 - NOA receipt I485 hard copy in mail.

June 16 , 2014 - Letter in Mail for Biometric appointment July 2.

July 1, 2014 - RFE received

July, 2, 2014 BIOMETRIC done

AUG 17, 2014 EAD in production

Aug 18 , 2014 Mail the RFE to USCIS ( Nebraska Service Center)

Aug 21 , 2014 USCIS E-MAIL , Text received for RFE review

Aug 28, 2014, Received EAD

Sept 3, 2014 case moved to "TESTING AND INTERVIEW"

Sept 9, 2014 Text and e-mail received INTERVIEW DATE for OCT. 17, 2014 :idea:

Sept 11, 2014 Received the Interview Letter in mail - OCT. 17, 2014 (F)

Oct, 17, 2014 Interview ( went well ,but no decision)

Oct 22 , 2014 Received Text and e-mail , GC go to production

Oct 28 , 2014 Received the Welcome to United States letter

Oct. 28, 2014 Received e-mail and text USCIS has mailed the GC today. YA!

Oct. 30, 2014 GREEN CARD in hand!!!! :luv:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You'll be fine. Don't mention the working on your visitor visa if it doesn't come up since you weren't supposed to do that.

Really?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Thank you Michelefor for that message, I really appreciate it. I would like to congratulate you in getting your green card last year and good luck to your citizenship journey someday if you choose to do that!

Timeline

I have already cited that I have worked for few people in one of our forms. Is that going to be a problem? Because I don't want to lie and then lie again to cover that first lie might as well come clean. If they ask me on the interview why I worked I will tell them the truth if they do not ask me I will keep my mouth shut. Since I got pregnant I stopped working besides its just a side job to get extra money for my travels and gifts for my family. Most of my stay here are used for travelling and some days I need money I worked to earn it.

You'll be fine. Don't mention the working on your visitor visa if it doesn't come up since you weren't supposed to do that.

What if it came up later?

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Main thing is that you have filed taxes.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Yes I paid my taxes while I am working. I worked for 3 days a week and travel for 4 days that happened for quite a few months. Besides I really enjoyed caring for the sick and old people . After I get my GC hopefully (keeping my fingers cross) I would still do that kind of job and this time I would do it legally.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Welcome to VJ.

~ Moved from AOS from Family Based Visas to AOS from Work, Student & Tourist Visas Case Filing and Progress Reports - topic is filing/case status from tourist visa ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

That's so cool, you came into the USA already having the linkage to work illegally in the field that you chose.

Is many similar? That's even more cool !

What is your opinion on these Overseas Foreign Workers that arranged for the same pipeline that you did?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.