jameswhunt

I made a video for YouTube to share with my friends so they understand my immigration situation

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone! I just made a video for YouTube to share with my friends on Facebook so that they have a better understanding of my immigration situation. Almost everyone I talk to is ignorant to the immigration process and they usually say things like, "Well since you're married she should just be able to come to the United States."

What they don't understand is that's not how it works...

Anyways, watch the video if you'd like to know more about me and see how it relates to your situation. Post your comments and share with friends if you want.

Does my situation sound familiar to you? Are we in the same boat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYq7v3ZQHQM

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Great video, very imformative :) However I dont think even a video would help our friends and families understand. They just assume because they see a lot of immigrants around it must be easy and thats what they see on movies and tv as well. My fiance's family is convinced that if I wanted to be in the US I would be there already. Luckily he knows better. Im just glad I found this forum. At least here every one understands :)

Good luck and I hope things move fast for you guys now

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

It's a good idea. We tend to be somewhat private about our journey but it's good to try to educate people. My family and friends all think the same thing... Just go marry him and bring him back with you. Some however can't understand why I don't just find an American man. They feel I'm purposely making my life more difficult than it has to be. It difficult for them to understand our relationship because they've never met him. I've chosen not to share much until he actually arrives.

Edited by LionessDeon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Hey everyone! I just made a video for YouTube to share with my friends on Facebook so that they have a better understanding of my immigration situation. Almost everyone I talk to is ignorant to the immigration process and they usually say things like, "Well since you're married she should just be able to come to the United States."

What they don't understand is that's not how it works...

Anyways, watch the video if you'd like to know more about me and see how it relates to your situation. Post your comments and share with friends if you want.

Does my situation sound familiar to you? Are we in the same boat?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYq7v3ZQHQM

Great video. Thanks for sharing your struggles. Good luck on your journey

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Great video, very imformative :) However I dont think even a video would help our friends and families understand. They just assume because they see a lot of immigrants around it must be easy and thats what they see on movies and tv as well. My fiance's family is convinced that if I wanted to be in the US I would be there already. Luckily he knows better. Im just glad I found this forum. At least here every one understands :)

Good luck and I hope things move fast for you guys now

Before we got married I used to get into arguments with people over the, "Well why don't you just get married so all these problems will go away?!"

Yeah... Because that's not how it works!

Without Visa Journey this process would be a million times harder. I am extremely grateful for the amount of knowledge that I have been able to gain since starting this process.

Thanks for the comment!

@Darnell, thanks for posting the video in the thread. I wasn't sure how to do that!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, bb code, i always hand code, pasting in an edited url :D

[youtube]url[/youtube]

hints:

1. use full url, not youtu.be. youtube.com must be.

2. https vs http? always trim the s out manually

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I almost started crying when I saw your video. I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel after these 14 months. My husband and I are "only" going through the I-130. But our story is similar to yours. We are young, never been married, no criminal record, well educated and tons of proof that we have been together for a long time and really love each other.

Hearing someone putting words to what is happening to us is just heartbreaking. I'm so busy trying to stay strong that this is turning in to a normal way of living. Constantly being under pressure.... alone without your significant other there.

I will definitely share your video to help people around us understand just a little bit better what's going on. It's not easy constantly being questioned why I don't just go there or that we must have done something wrong for me not being allowed to go there yet.

I hope you will hear something about your application and that all of us here at VJ get to be with our families soon!

Edited by ESGW

Filed: Country: Argentina
Timeline

I am watching now, but great idea!! I started a blog showing our immigration journey (for my husband to immigrate to the US). Can I share your video there? (www.moderndaysettlers.com)

I agree that no one knows the process. My parents have so many people tell them they cannot believe what we have to go through.

Timeline

I am watching now, but great idea!! I started a blog showing our immigration journey (for my husband to immigrate to the US). Can I share your video there? (www.moderndaysettlers.com)

I agree that no one knows the process. My parents have so many people tell them they cannot believe what we have to go through.

Hey! Sure... Feel free. I appreciate the support and share!