17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello to all who read and/or respond,

I was borned in Jamaica but raised in New Jersey since age 3. I was deported as a result of my inabilty to obey the laws while trying to provide for my kids and family. I am wanting to know if is it possible to return back to the US and if so what process or legal help I must seek. I would like to know if a I-601 is possible also. I have been deported for 6 years in September. Any suggestions/options would be greately apprecipated.

Thanks in advance.

MW

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

That would depend on the criminal conviction and if you have anybody to sponsor you, is your wife a US Citizen?.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from General Immigration-Related Discussion to Waivers (I-601 & I-212) & Admin. Process. (221g) Forum~

~Inquiry about I-601 Waivers~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

His son has agreed to sponsor him. Can you elaborate on it depends on his criminal charges. Sorry but I'm so clueless. Thanks

His son has agreed to sponsor him. Can you elaborate on it depends on his criminal charges. Sorry but I'm so clueless. Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Confused. You or him? Your first post said this is about you, this one sounds like it's someone else. Not going to get any help being dishonest.

He or you or whoever it was would know if they got van bed for life...

Edited by Shauneg

Timeline

Thanks again for your responses. I am writing on behalf of my friend. I'm not here to lie but to get answers for his current situation. So those individuals who are willing to reply thanks again for your help.

Thanks again for your responses. I am writing on behalf of my friend. I'm not here to lie but to get answers for his current situation. So those individuals who are willing to reply thanks again for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Strongly suggest you ask your friend to join, details of exactly what happened are important, third hand information can often just confuse matters.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

he would need to know if he qualifies, plus he would need a USC spouse or parent or LPR parent to qualify for a waiver if he does qualify for waivers, he would need a waiver for deportation as well

children don't qualify to file hardship letters on behalf of parents, so your friend couldn't file any waivers if his child files for him

but it depends on his crime, some bans are for life

Filed: Timeline

Anything drugs over 30 grams of weed is immigration root canal. Now the person has many things against them

A Prior GC holders does not qualify for 212 (h) relief when they AOS abroad or at the border to get the GC they lost

B Congress law passed in 1996 ties the hands of USCIS to even issue a 221G allowing one convicted with drugs to apply for I 601

C A spouse can file a waiver if one is allowed, or USC kid IF there was NO overstay in the persons background & 221G granted

Ftling an I 130 will be approved but the ingston Consulate will stop the petition right there for substance convictions

Person should wait at least 10-15 yrs B4 thinking of returning, build a life in his country, take the kids summer-time to keep the bond

and prepare to spend about 40Gs that US$ and do not get arrested ever.

A Wife can try to get DA on criminal case lower his sentence to felony instead of AGG felony.

B He can try for a B2/D3 waiver visa to visit (almost impossible since he ived in the US so long, they'll say clearly he as immigrant intent)

this is temporary, one cannot adjust from it, closely monitored if U get it, but the CO must refer a person for this waiver)

C Person/s can now re-open cases from abroad (best kept immigration secret) Many times because so much time has passed its

denied but if atty can show/prove an error in sentencing or charge they will use their Sua Sponte authority & re-open, without GREAT

& strong legal reasons & mind it makes no sense to ask BIA to re-open but yes it done.

Did this person parents became citizens before he turned age 18? If so theres a reason to re-open....Its a long & winding road & lots

of cash needed with no guarantees....OP read FAM 40. Any substance charges except 30 grams of weed or less is deportable, its the

even if the sentence was suspended or conviction expinged

Edited by Jawaree

Timeline

Hello to all who read and/or respond,

I was born in Jamaica but raised in New Jersey since age 3. I was deported as a result of my inabilty to obey the laws while trying to provide for my kids and family. I am wanting to know if is it possible to return back to the US and if so what process or legal help I must seek. I would like to know if a I-601 is possible also. I have been deported for 6 years in September. Any suggestions/options would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MW

Thanks....He's joining to fill in my blanks. Thanks for your responses thus far.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i hope a waiver is possible. it has been very difficult dealing with the local consulate.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Timeline

i hope a waiver is possible. it has been very difficult dealing with the local consulate.

What are you trying to do with the local consulate? Does he already have an application in process that has reached the Embassy in Kingston? If not, there is nothing the local office can do -- they cannot speculate about a case or give answers to what might happen in a case. Nor can they serve as private immgration advisors; you need an immigration attorney for that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.