raven52

Bad NEWS, for anyone who filed visa, recently!!!

408 posts in this topic

Monday I contacted the embassy then sent an email request. I just can't believe I'm left hanging now for a 3 day weekend and postponing the wedding

Same here, 3 days off, they will resume on Monday. So will we get any update during the weekend like they mentioned, to clear backlogs during weekend?

Sorry that your wedding date is not fixed during this difficult time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Same here, 3 days off, they will resume on Monday. So will we get any update during the weekend like they mentioned, to clear backlogs during weekend?

Sorry that your wedding date is not fixed during this difficult time.

Thank you!!! Ugh I dread this 3 day weekend now!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

That message is standard. "Issued" means your passport has left the building. I'm so happy for you!

Issued may depend on Embassy, Ours is Guatemala and issued means sent to be printed. I live chatted with them tonight, and the passport is still at the Embassy. They stated that right now , they have such a backlog to actually print it may be another week before it is sent to courier. Was told ALL embassies are closed Friday and Saturday in observance of Independence Day. I know at least Guatemala NEVER works on Sundays.

Edited by tarzan31

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

just recived email from loomis carrier :dancing::yes:

Dose anyone know if DHL is open tomorrow july 3?

and email says it can take up to 1 or 2 business day's so it can go threw there process and can be ready for pick up <_<

what are they thinking we already have been waiting long enough :angry:

I want my husban home :cry:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Issued may depend on Embassy, Ours is Guatemala and issued means sent to be printed. I live chatted with them tonight, and the passport is still at the Embassy. They stated that right now , they have such a backlog to actually print it may be another week before it is sent to courier. Was told ALL embassies are closed Friday and Saturday in observance of Independence Day. I know at least Guatemala NEVER works on Sundays.

Our consulate will be open tomorrow, so I'm not sure if EVERY consulate follows EVERY US federal holiday.

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Our consulate will be open tomorrow, so I'm not sure if EVERY consulate follows EVERY US federal holiday.

They do, I think they're openit's because of the software problem. Good for you, bad for them, but I bet they'll be making some cash working on a Federal Holiday.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got my Loomis Waybill #!!! I was hoping it would come in today and now so pumped!!!

​time to pack and get back to my husband!

Congrats! Thats great news, you're finally almost done your journey. My wife also had her interview in MTL on Jun16, just wondering when your status changed from "Ready" to "Issued" and by chance are waybill numbers the same as your NVC case number?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

They do, I think they're openit's because of the software problem. Good for you, bad for them, but I bet they'll be making some cash working on a Federal Holiday.

So, disregard that last post. We were told by a consulate worker yesterday that he would work on our case 'tomorrow'. My fiance even said "are you open tomorrow?" to which he said yes. Well, he lied. That guy was an idiot because they ARE closed, and now we get to spend the 4th of July apart. Not happy.

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats! Thats great news, you're finally almost done your journey. My wife also had her interview in MTL on Jun16, just wondering when your status changed from "Ready" to "Issued" and by chance are waybill numbers the same as your NVC case number?

jayjayhas status changed on the 29th I believe. We were at the consulate together on the 16th and my status changed yesterday.

Zirq who had an interview on the 17th also had a status change yesterday afternoon. We all interviewed at MTL.

June 16th: IR-1 Interview in Montreal. Approved

June 16th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 25th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 30th: Case Status as "Ready"

July 1st: Case Status as "Ready"

July 2nd: Case Status as "ISSUED"

July 8th: Waybill # received

July 9th: Visa pickup

July 9th: POE

So, disregard that last post. We were told by a consulate worker yesterday that he would work on our case 'tomorrow'. My fiance even said "are you open tomorrow?" to which he said yes. Well, he lied. That guy was an idiot because they ARE closed, and now we get to spend the 4th of July apart. Not happy.

Yep, I think all US embassies get 3 day off this week. Just ridiculous how they lie to people just to make people calm down maybe, no idea their intentions are. Just like on their Facebook page they pacify us by telling "we are working over the weekend to clear the backlogs".. Cheap lollipop.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi!!

Canada girl is right, we interviewed together :)

My status changed to issued on 29th, late last night I got two emails from Loomis and JUST 2 MINUTES AGO Loomis here in Calgary, AB Canada just called to tell me my passport is ready for pickup!!

It took less than a day from loomis telling me to me getting passport in hand. Getting ready and heading to get my passport FINALLY

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yep, I think all US embassies get 3 day off this week. Just ridiculous how they lie to people just to make people calm down maybe, no idea their intentions are. Just like on their Facebook page they pacify us by telling "we are working over the weekend to clear the backlogs".. Cheap lollipop.

The guy probably didn't realize it when he said it, bad choice of words. I've said tomorrow before and meant the next workday. What facebook page says they're working this weekend? They said that last week and most were open, some couldn't be.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.