raven52

Bad NEWS, for anyone who filed visa, recently!!!

408 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hoorah, A-Bone & S-Hueso!

Thank you TBone!!!

Congrats & good luck to everyone! We're finally almost through this stage! woohooo

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hi I have been with you all since day 1 I just never post till now I realize how important all these comments are. Thank you everyone for taking there time its been very helpful... here is my recent info.

04/8/2015- cc

05/4/2015- interview letter

06/05/2015-(juarez) interview approve :dancing:

06/08/2015- status shows "AP"

06/09/2015-status shows ready

06/17/2015-status updated to issue.... issue date was updated again on 06/27/2015....issue updated again today 07/01/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yea, I wish.. My luck chance for this week is another 30 mins.

USEm in Abu Dhabi closed at 2pm and it's Thursday, Fri-Sat off :(

I hate this Friday Saturday weekend! Our hope for our visa this week is over also! :( CEAC has been on ready this entire time. Interview was 6/10, last update was 6/14. Embassy responded to our email on Monday saying our visa was in the final stage and would be issued shortly, yet still nothing. So frustrating! And once the hubby finally gets his visa, he still needs to go to the army and get permission to leave the country. Ugh!

USCIS

10/11/2014 – Mailed I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox
10/14/2014 – I-130 packet signed for
10/15/2014 – Priority date assigned
10/19/2014 – Acceptance confirmation email received
10/20/2014 – Check cashed
10/24/2014 – Received I-797C (NOA1)
10/27/2014 – Faxed the USCIS expedite packet to the Senator's office
10/29/2014 – Expedite request sent to USCIS from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/05/2014 – USCIS approved I-130 petition
11/07/2014 – USCIS sent case to the NVC for processing
11/08/2014 – Received I-797, Approval!!! (NOA2)

NVC

11/11/2014 - Emailed the NVC Expedite Packet to the Senator's office
11/12/2014 - Expedite request sent to NVC from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/12/2014 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/28/2014 - Received confirmation email from NVC, expedite request was received and is being processed
12/09/2014 - NVC Case number assigned
12/10/2014 - NVC Welcome letter email
12/10/2014 - Submitted form DS-261
12/11/2014 - AOS fee invoiced
12/12/2014 - AOS fee submitted
12/15/2014 - AOS fee shows paid
12/16/2014 - Sent AOS and IV packets
12/17/2014 - AOS and IV packets received by NVC
12/17/2014 - Embassy denied expedite without a reason, informed over the phone by Hazel from NVC

12/19/2014 - Received email from NVC confirming AOS and IV packets received, scan date 12/17
12/19/2014 - IV fee invoiced

12/19/2014 - IV fee submitted
12/23/2014 - IV fee shows paid

12/26/2014 - Submitted DS-260
02/17/2015 - Case complete!!! :)
05/04/2015 - Interview date received by phone, scheduled for 06/10/2015

05/08/2015 - Received P4 email

US Embassy Cairo

05/12/2015 - Embassy received case from NVC

06/10/2015 - Interview approved!!! :)

07/20/2015 - Visa received

I hate this Friday Saturday weekend! Our hope for our visa this week is over also! :( CEAC has been on ready this entire time. Interview was 6/10, last update was 6/14. Embassy responded to our email on Monday saying our visa was in the final stage and would be issued shortly, yet still nothing. So frustrating! And once the hubby finally gets his visa, he still needs to go to the army and get permission to leave the country. Ugh!

Guess what, they just announced that Sunday 5th Jul (supposedly working day here in UAE) they will be closed too in observance of ID day. I know it's nice for them getting holiday extension, but I hope they are working over the weekend too, just like what they said on their Facebook page.

I hate being bitter, but for you who are now crying sick, to make you feel better, at least you are waiting in your home country, you don't have time limit to stay in a foreign country, because the NVC could not update my current location, to change interview location will take 5mos, so I took the chance because I wanted to end the horror. But, I am now overstaying on a tourist visa staring at the wall each day, can't concentrate, no motivation at all. Thanks to Skype, but we all know Skype is getting old if you see your husband online for the past one year.

Oh well, God is with us. Not the end of the world, I hope.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Guess what, they just announced that Sunday 5th Jul (supposedly working day here in UAE) they will be closed too in observance of ID day. I know it's nice for them getting holiday extension, but I hope they are working over the weekend too, just like what they said on their Facebook page.

I hate being bitter, but for you who are now crying sick, to make you feel better, at least you are waiting in your home country, you don't have time limit to stay in a foreign country, because the NVC could not update my current location, to change interview location will take 5mos, so I took the chance because I wanted to end the horror. But, I am now overstaying on a tourist visa staring at the wall each day, can't concentrate, no motivation at all. Thanks to Skype, but we all know Skype is getting old if you see your husband online for the past one year.

Oh well, God is with us. Not the end of the world, I hope.

Oh wow! You are waiting for you visa in a foreign country? That really sucks! I'm very sorry for what you are going through and sorry that they will be closed an additional day. Egypt closed for an unexpected holiday on Tuesday due to the terrorist attacks killing a government official, so I totally understand how every extra little bump in the road feels like a mountain to climb. We are fortunate to be in our home countries while waiting for this process to be over, but we too, have our own challenging situation to deal with as my grandfather hasn't been well for some time now, and it costs our family $1500 a week for someone to look after him during the day while I am at work. It's not only financially, but also emotionally and physically exhausting. Insha'Allah it will be over for you shortly!

USCIS

10/11/2014 – Mailed I-130 packet to the Chicago Lockbox
10/14/2014 – I-130 packet signed for
10/15/2014 – Priority date assigned
10/19/2014 – Acceptance confirmation email received
10/20/2014 – Check cashed
10/24/2014 – Received I-797C (NOA1)
10/27/2014 – Faxed the USCIS expedite packet to the Senator's office
10/29/2014 – Expedite request sent to USCIS from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/05/2014 – USCIS approved I-130 petition
11/07/2014 – USCIS sent case to the NVC for processing
11/08/2014 – Received I-797, Approval!!! (NOA2)

NVC

11/11/2014 - Emailed the NVC Expedite Packet to the Senator's office
11/12/2014 - Expedite request sent to NVC from the Senator's office on my behalf
11/12/2014 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/28/2014 - Received confirmation email from NVC, expedite request was received and is being processed
12/09/2014 - NVC Case number assigned
12/10/2014 - NVC Welcome letter email
12/10/2014 - Submitted form DS-261
12/11/2014 - AOS fee invoiced
12/12/2014 - AOS fee submitted
12/15/2014 - AOS fee shows paid
12/16/2014 - Sent AOS and IV packets
12/17/2014 - AOS and IV packets received by NVC
12/17/2014 - Embassy denied expedite without a reason, informed over the phone by Hazel from NVC

12/19/2014 - Received email from NVC confirming AOS and IV packets received, scan date 12/17
12/19/2014 - IV fee invoiced

12/19/2014 - IV fee submitted
12/23/2014 - IV fee shows paid

12/26/2014 - Submitted DS-260
02/17/2015 - Case complete!!! :)
05/04/2015 - Interview date received by phone, scheduled for 06/10/2015

05/08/2015 - Received P4 email

US Embassy Cairo

05/12/2015 - Embassy received case from NVC

06/10/2015 - Interview approved!!! :)

07/20/2015 - Visa received

Oh wow! You are waiting for you visa in a foreign country? That really sucks! I'm very sorry for what you are going through and sorry that they will be closed an additional day. Egypt closed for an unexpected holiday on Tuesday due to the terrorist attacks killing a government official, so I totally understand how every extra little bump in the road feels like a mountain to climb. We are fortunate to be in our home countries while waiting for this process to be over, but we too, have our own challenging situation to deal with as my grandfather hasn't been well for some time now, and it costs our family $1500 a week for someone to look after him during the day while I am at work. It's not only financially, but also emotionally and physically exhausting. Insha'Allah it will be over for you shortly!

Sorry to hear about your grandfather, hoping for a speed recovery for him. I didn't mention that each day of overstaying I have to pay the fine for $30, it has been over 7days now, and counting.. I guess nobody cares about our financial issue.

When I really feel down sometimes I wonder is this a preview of how we are going to be treated as immigrant later on? Non immigrant visas were prioritized because they bring/help the business/money/economy ?

God speed. Never tired of praying ??

Edited by Lily Rose

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I hope you all get the good news soon

Doesn't seem like anyone's really changed to issued and received the visa from the UK have they? :(

I know of one but haven't seen any others

I hope they clear this back log soon and you can all be reunited ❤️

Date Filed : November 12th

NOA : November 16th

Biometrics : December 7th

Approved EAD&AP : January 29th

Card Mailed : February 2nd
Received Card : February 5th

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I hope you all get the good news soon

Doesn't seem like anyone's really changed to issued and received the visa from the UK have they? :(

I know of one but haven't seen any others

I hope they clear this back log soon and you can all be reunited ❤️

No....I've been waiting because mine is UK also. I've seen nothing and no updates myself

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine just got issued, but there is this below my "issued" status and I'm not sure what it means because I was told at my interview that I was approved already... :-s

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Does anyone know what that means? or is that just a standard message for everyone?

June 16th: IR-1 Interview in Montreal. Approved

June 16th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 25th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 30th: Case Status as "Ready"

July 1st: Case Status as "Ready"

July 2nd: Case Status as "ISSUED"

July 8th: Waybill # received

July 9th: Visa pickup

July 9th: POE

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Mine just got issued, but there is this below my "issued" status and I'm not sure what it means because I was told at my interview that I was approved already... :-s

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

Does anyone know what that means? or is that just a standard message for everyone?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

That message is standard. "Issued" means your passport has left the building. I'm so happy for you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!

That message is standard. "Issued" means your passport has left the building. I'm so happy for you!

Whew! I was worried there for a minute and confused.

Thank you! I live in Ottawa so I am really hoping I don't have to wait long. It's only a 1.5 hr from from Montreal. Wouldn't it be nice if I received it either tomorrow or Monday!

Do you get an email that it's been picked up via courier or only when it's arrived at it's location?

June 16th: IR-1 Interview in Montreal. Approved

June 16th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 25th: Case Status as "Ready"

June 30th: Case Status as "Ready"

July 1st: Case Status as "Ready"

July 2nd: Case Status as "ISSUED"

July 8th: Waybill # received

July 9th: Visa pickup

July 9th: POE

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Whew! I was worried there for a minute and confused.

Thank you! I live in Ottawa so I am really hoping I don't have to wait long. It's only a 1.5 hr from from Montreal. Wouldn't it be nice if I received it either tomorrow or Monday!

Do you get an email that it's been picked up via courier or only when it's arrived at it's location?

It says on the website where you register a Loomis location that you will be notified by email once it's available for pickup, so probably soon. Then again, I'm not sure because I'm still waiting on mine. Hoping to also see "issued" before the day is through!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.