lostinblue

Parents of Spokane NAACP President claim she's misrepresenting her ethnicity

222 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

and now msnbc weighs in on this.

“But is it possible that she might actually be black? The best way that I know how to describe this and I want to be very careful here. Because I don’t want to say it’s equivalent to the transgender experience.

But there is a useful language in trans and cis, which is to just to say some of us are born cis-gendered, some of us are born trans-gendered. But I wonder can it be that one would be cis-black and trans-black, that there is actually a different category of blackness, about the achievement of blackness, despite one’s parentage.”

another :huh: moment

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

black privilege?

Must be...

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Before any of this nonsense came to light, no one even knew who she was. She was never a victim, just a person who wanted to live the black experience, without actually being black to do it.

well, she tried hard to assimilate and to become acculturated into the Black Experience,

but come on - this is such a massive fail - she should really be fired from everything since she used her 'racial status' to obtain those positions.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

and just saw this one....... :huh:

Dolezal in 2010: I’d Be ‘Nervous’ to Go to a Tea Party Rally Because of the All-White Crowd

Rachel Dolezal, the fake-black-actually-white NAACP leader, said in 2010 that she would be “nervous” about going to a Tea Party rally — partially because there would be so many white people there. “Dolezal, who is multiracial, said she could not imagine showing her face at a Tea Party event,” stated a 2010 article in the New York Times. “To her, what stands out are the all-white crowds, the crude depictions of Mr. Obama as an African witch doctor and the signs labeling him a terrorist.” “It would make me nervous to be there unless I went with a big group,” the Times quoted Dolezal as saying.

Dolezal is president of the Spokane, Wash., chapter of the NAACP and had been successfully portraying herself as a black person for years — until her parents outed her on Thursday. “It is very disturbing that she has become so dishonest,” Dolezal’s mother, Ruthanne Dolezal, told the Idaho newspaper Coeur d’Alene Press.

Rachel’s parents also provided her birth certificate and photos of her as a pale, freckled white child as proof. Dolezal’s 2010 comments to the Times were pointed out in a post on Weasel Zippers on Friday.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/dolezal-naacp-tea-party-white

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

She knew who she was.

She was no doubt suffering knowing that eventually it would get out and how the haters would react.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

is it possible she was captured by the Black Panthers and then brainWashed by some community organizer group? (having a brain fart, what was the name of the big one disbanded this century?)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

What was she the victim of?

When she holds a class and has undivided attention or gives an interview and talks about her struggles and uses her race to give it a legitimacy... Or when she is having some sort of roundtable and having shared experiences. How often have we read people mock the "Oh poor you white thing, tell me how tough you have it!" just in these forums? - nobody is going to listen to her plight because she had no plight.. Hence she makes stuff up and then changes her race so that people will actually listen.

People poison their children to get attention, what makes this so hard to beleive?

Edited by OnMyWayID

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

well, she tried hard to assimilate and to become acculturated into the Black Experience,

but come on - this is such a massive fail - she should really be fired from everything since she used her 'racial status' to obtain those positions.

But wait oh riddle master. I have been told repeatedly here that her claiming to be black gained her nothing . Surely in America they would not choose one over another based on race. That would be racism

Problem is, she could have still done everything while being white...

When she holds a class and has undivided attention or gives an interview and talks about her struggles and uses her race to give it a legitimacy... Or when she is having some sort of roundtable and having shared experiences. How often have we read people mock the "Oh poor you white thing, tell me how tough you have it!" - nobody is going to listen to her plight because she had no plight.. Hence she makes stuff up and then changes her race so that people will actually listen.

People poison their children to get attention, what makes this so hard to beleive?

But she wasn't a victim. She didn't suffer hardships because of this. She changed her skin color to get more credit when she spoke about black issues, but she didn't experience them.

But wait oh riddle master. I have been told repeatedly here that her claiming to be black gained her nothing . Surely in America they would not choose one over another based on race. That would be racism

Your comment would be valid IF she got the position based on her skin color, but there have been a few folks in the NAACP that held that position and were white. Everything she obtained would have turned out exactly the same if she would have stayed as a white woman.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

The woman who has been accused of falsely portraying her racial identity, and who will break her silence on Tuesday, once suedHoward University on the basis of discrimination.

Rachel Dolezal, who on Monday resigned as president of the Spokane, Wash., chapter of the NAACP, filed a lawsuit after her graduation in 2002 alleging that the historically black university had discriminated against her during her time as an MFA student there, according to court documents obtained by The Smoking Gun.

In a statement to TIME, a Howard University representative said the school “considers this matter closed and has no further comment.” On Monday evening, NBC News announced Dolezal would speak out Tuesday morning in number of interviews.

Dolezal, now 37, claimed she had been discriminated on the basis of “race, pregnancy, family responsibilities and gender, as well as retaliation.” She said this resulted in the university denying her scholarship aid and a teaching assistantship while she was a student, and an instructorship after she graduated. Dolezal, who at the time was known as Rachel Moore, claimed that the removal of her artwork from a student exhibition in 2001 “was motivated by a discriminatory purpose to favor African-American students” over her.

On the matter of the instructorship, Judge Zoe Bush wrote that Dolezal “did not apply for any advertised faculty position; rather, she dropped off her resume and a cover letter with the Art Department following her graduation. The cover letter acknowledged her understanding that no teaching positions were then available … Contrary to Moore’s argument, the fact that a part-time instructor was later hired to teach printmaking — a subject not included in Moore’s professed ‘area of focus’ — is not significantly probative evidence of discrimination.”

The complaint was argued and decided in the D.C. Court of Appeals in 2005, with Bush denying Dolezal’s claim, writing she did not provide proof that she had been discriminated against on the basis of race or any other forbidden factor.

http://time.com/3921964/rachel-dolezal-howard-university/

she seems to me like someone who lies to get what she wants. and the lies come easy because she's obviously dissociative in some manner.

Timeline

well, it got her several jobs that she wanted in the Spokane Washington area this decade.

http://time.com/3921964/rachel-dolezal-howard-university/

she seems to me like someone who lies to get what she wants. and the lies come easy because she's obviously dissociative in some manner.

It's telling about some of the responses in this thread...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

well, it got her several jobs that she wanted in the Spokane Washington area this decade.

you think anyone who is president of the naacp in spokane got the job simply because they're black? that's sort of mean.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

But she wasn't a victim. She didn't suffer hardships because of this. She changed her skin color to get more credit when she spoke about black issues, but she didn't experience them.

Yeah exactly - That's what I said (or what I meant if I said it badly) she talks of hardships she never experienced because she likes the attention and probably the feeling of community.

I don't believe it.. Prove it to me and I still won't believe it. -Ford Prefect

Timeline

you think anyone who is president of the naacp in spokane got the job simply because they're black? that's sort of mean.

that's a major jump, the end-clause.

lemme say it a different way -

she got these jobs in Spokane, WA based on a series of application forms, where she clearly listed her race as 'African American, bi-racial'.