SeanN

Delay in Delivery of Approved Visas

687 posts in this topic

Some update, looks relatively promising...

Technological Systems Issue
JUNE 19, 2015

Visa Systems Issues

• The Bureau of Consular Affairs is in the process of resolving technical problems with our visa systems. Though some progress has been made, biometric data processing has not been fully restored.
  • Our team continues to work on this 24/7 to restore the systems to full functionality.
  • As of noon today, 22 posts have been reconnected, representing about half of the global nonimmigrant visa volume.
  • We will continue to bring additional posts online until connectivity with all posts is restored.
  • Last week, nearly 1,250 temporary or seasonal workers who had been issued visas in the past were issued new visas in Mexico, and we have issued more than 3,000 visas globally for urgent and humanitarian travel.
  • We deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers and recognize the hardship to those waiting for visas, and in some cases, their family members or employers in the United States.
  • We continue to post updates to our website, travel.state.gov.

This definitely sounds positive, my lawyer emailed me this morning with similar points to this.

Mentioned they are expecting to be back up and running this week and we just need to stay positive about the backlog.

Hey guys I feel great of the fact that we could keep our self updated under this situacion . They are makeing progress . Thank god for this site . Thank you guys . I praying that we all get are love one soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our interview today and were approved. We were told 2.5-3 weeks due to the system issues, but this was before the new info came out. Hopefully things get back to the way they were this week!

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We had our interview today and were approved. We were told 2.5-3 weeks due to the system issues, but this was before the new info came out. Hopefully things get back to the way they were this week!

Congratulations on the approval! Which consulate did you interview at? And did they mention if they were able to issue visas yet? I'm assuming no since you mentioned this was before the update today.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations on the approval! Which consulate did you interview at? And did they mention if they were able to issue visas yet? I'm assuming no since you mentioned this was before the update today.

Thanks!

We were at Montreal today and got approved around noon. He mentioned that they were still having issues with the system and that things would be delayed, but mentioned we should still get the visa in 2.5-3 weeks as they were hoping to be back up and running by early next week. This was before the update today so hopefully that timeline changes!

June 22: CR-1 Interview at Montreal Consulate = Approved

July 6: E-mailed Consulate as status has been 'Ready" since Interview with same date

July 7: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 13: E-mailed, no update again

July 13: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 24: E-mailed again, no update

July 24: Case Status as "Ready" and Date Updated

July 27: Date Updates by itself still "Ready"

July 28: Get Email from Montreal US Consulate requesting to go back and redo fingerprints

July 28: Drive halfway to Montreal

July 29: Get to Montreal

July 30 (8am): Redo fingerprints, consular officer apologizes for having us comeback for fingerprints, issues us the Visa on the spot

July 30 (3pm): VISA in HAND!

August 3: Florida move!

Timeline

Ya....we should be positive about the backlog..bcz they r saying they will not stop 24/7 untill the backlog is not clear.....now 50% embassies population have been restored and i hope remaining will be in 1 or 2 days in sha Allah....Good hope is everything....!!!

• Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Marriage: 03-01-2014

I-130 Sent : 04-21-2014 I-130 Received at USCIS : 04-23-2014 I-130 NOA1 (Hardcopy) : 04-27-2014 (Waiting Period Started) :clock: I-130 NOA2 (Hardcopy) : 09-12-2014 :wow: Case sent to NVC by USCIS : 09-23-2014 NVC Case Received : 10-07-2014 Case Number Received : 10-27-2014 :idea: Completed DS-261,Paid AOS Fee : 11-05-2014 AOS Fee Showing Paid : 11-08-2014 IV Fee Generated and Paid : 11-11-2014 IV Fee showing Paid : 11-14-2014 Completed DS-260 : 11-15-2014 (Searching for Joint Sponsor) :clock: AOS & IV Package sent : 01-20-2015 NVC Received AOS and IV Packages : 01-22-2015 (60 Days waiting period starts) Case sent for supervisor review : 04-03-2015 (Due to no response till 70 days) Case Completed at NVC: 04-09-2015 :dancing: (After only 7 days in supervisor review) Interview Scheduled: 04-28-2015 (Confirmed by Phone call to NVC) (P4) Interview Letter : 04-29-2015 Status showed "In Transit" : 05-13-2015 Status showed "Ready" : 05-14-2015 Medical : 05-20-2015 (Alhamdulilah Went well) Interview: 06-09-2015 (Alhamdulilah Approved) worldwide Technical problem in visa printing : 06-09-2015 Visa Issued : 07-01-2015 :energy:(Alhamdulilah) Visa in Hand : 07-04-2015 (Islamabad Amex)(Alhamdulilah) POE at Chicago : 07-23-2015

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks!

We were at Montreal today and got approved around noon. He mentioned that they were still having issues with the system and that things would be delayed, but mentioned we should still get the visa in 2.5-3 weeks as they were hoping to be back up and running by early next week. This was before the update today so hopefully that timeline changes!

We were with Montreal too Hopefully you're right on that and they will be up sometime This week and not next! Fingers crossed

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We were with Montreal too Hopefully you're right on that and they will be up sometime This week and not next! Fingers crossed

My parents were also interviewed in monteral, crossing fingers for good news soon

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

How do we contact the embassy to check on our status, I heard email? I know I can check on the web but I wanted to ask someone to see if they received the missing document, Could someone share please?

Edited by Aria637

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

How do we contact the embassy to check on our status, I heard email? I know I can check on the web but I wanted to ask someone to see if they received the missing document, Could someone share please?

Check your consulate's website. Most consulates only accept emails for inquiries on visa application status.

Filed I-129F: 3 November 2014 (CSC)

NOA 1: 20 November 2014

NOA 2: 2 February 2015

Consulate Notification: 8 April 2015

Consular Interview: 19 May 2015
Medical: 20 May 2015
Administrative Processing: 20 May - ???

GLOBAL VISA SHUTDOWN: 9 June 2015
Advised approved for issuance: 24 June 2015
Requested re-validated I-129F (expired during shutdown): 24 June 2015
Advised I-129F revalidation received: 30 June 2015
Administrative Processing: 30 June 2015

Visa Issued: 13 JULY 2015
USA POE: 24 OCT 2015

Timeline

Check your consulate's website. Most consulates only accept emails for inquiries on visa application status.

tayurshu: have you heard anything yet about yours?

I saw on the facebook post that a few people around the place have been issued their visas & passports?

Dying to know if Oz is back up and running !

Timeline

tayurshu: have you heard anything yet about yours?

I saw on the facebook post that a few people around the place have been issued their visas & passports?

Dying to know if Oz is back up and running !

Nope, no word as of yet :( Stillllllll waiting!

Urgh, I know my passport is sitting there with all the documents and the brown envelope, waiting for my visa to be printed.

Dead set, I think i'll cry when I receive it haha! And then pinch myself :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I think we're all thinking that, Tayurshu. Our status changed to "Ready - please check the status in 2 business days." on June 17. The case creation date changed to June 17 and it has a heading of "non-immigrant visa" now also. I know our passport is just sitting there waiting for it's visa to be printed. She interviewed in April but needed a DNA test.. Embassy finally double clicked on the results and requested her passport at the end of May, and now this.. I feel like we're on step 298 of 300 haha. But we're all so close. I'll post immediately when my status changes... Good luck everyone, try to sleep tonight..

Service Center: California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate: Manila, Philippines
I-129F Sent: 12/15/14
I-129F NOA1 Text/Email: 12/22/14
I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy: 12/27/14
I-129F NOA2 Text/Email: 01/09/15
I-129F NOA2 Hard Copy: 01/15/15
NVC Case Number Assigned: 01/23/15
Left NVC: 01/30/15

Case Arrived at Embassy: 02/02/15
!!!Waiting for primary government IDs!!!
Interview Date: 04/22/15

!!!Approved?? K1/K2 DNA Test Requested!!!

DNA Results arrive at Embassy: 05/18/15

Passport requested to be sent 2Go to Embassy: 05/29/15

Issued!: 07/01/15 (CEAC didn't update until Jul 3)

Need a primary government ID in the Philippines? Look here -> New International Postal ID Available

Timeline

I think we're all thinking that, Tayurshu. Our status changed to "Ready - please check the status in 2 business days." on June 17. The case creation date changed to June 17 and it has a heading of "non-immigrant visa" now also. I know our passport is just sitting there waiting for it's visa to be printed. She interviewed in April but needed a DNA test.. Embassy finally double clicked on the results and requested her passport at the end of May, and now this.. I feel like we're on step 298 of 300 haha. But we're all so close. I'll post immediately when my status changes... Good luck everyone, try to sleep tonight..

Good luck, Seanchua! The sad thing is my Case Creation date changed on June 9, the day the system went down. I was OH SO CLOSE! Ha!

Please do post when you hear more - it looks like Australia may not be up and running yet as there's been no update. I emailed the Consulate here in Sydney on Friday to ask for a specific update as to my visa and no response yet. They always reply within 2 business days, so holding tight.

Timeline

Nope, no word as of yet :( Stillllllll waiting!

Urgh, I know my passport is sitting there with all the documents and the brown envelope, waiting for my visa to be printed.

Dead set, I think i'll cry when I receive it haha! And then pinch myself :)

So lame =(

I really hope they get it all working by this week. The new update looks promising. If some places are online, then how much longer can it take for the rest? ... =/

Haha I don't blame anyone for crying. I know none of this ####### is gonna be done with until I get dual citizenship. Cannot wait for the day haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.