990 posts in this topic

Guys just curious i got an email notification and interview packet on email. I am going for medical on thursday June 11 so i am wondering is the email notification is good enough to show the doctor that they schedule my interview on July 9, 2015

Thank You

yeh so print the appt letter which is attached in the email notification that nvc sent you and take that with you. you just need the first page.

USCIS PROCESSING

Dec 15th 14 I-130 Filed with Chicago Lockbox
Dec 18th 14 Package received by USCIS - PRIORITY DATE
Dec 22nd 14 Received NOA1 - Sent to Vermont Service Center
Jan 14th 15 Received NOA2. Case Approved with no RFEs
..............................................................................................................................
NVC PROCESSING

Feb 20th 15 Case/IIN No assigned by NVC - allocated to Montreal Consulate
Feb 27TH 15 Received letter from NVC
Mar 1st 15 DS-261 Completed and submitted to NVC
Mar 10th 15 Paid AOS
Apr 3rd 15 Receive IV Bill + Paid IV Bill
Apr 8th 15 IV Fee left bank marked as paid
Apr 8th 15 DS-260 Completed
Apr 9th 15 Sent in IV & AOS packages
Apr 13th 15 Package delivered to NVC
Apr 13th 15 Received email from NVC acknowledging receipt - scan date
May 12th 15 Case Complete with NO Checklist (29 DAYS)
..............................................................................................................................
MONTREAL CONSULATE PROCESSING

May 15th 15 Case sent to Montreal embassy
May 27th 15 Medical in Toronto ,ON
Jun 17th 15 Interview Date in Montreal - APPROVED!!!!
Jul 2nd 15 ISSUED !!!! - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 6th 15 Visa in FINAL PROCESSING - CEAC STATUS UPDATE
Jul 8th 15 Email from Loomis/Waybill received
Jul 10th 15 Visa Received IN HAND!!!
Jul 13th 15 Point of Entry in Buffalo, NY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Question....

My wife wants me to come for the interview. I want to, but not sure.

Would it really increase the chances of her passing? I think it would, but not sure.

And then there is the issue of waiting for her passport. How long would it take? Her cousin got his in 2 or 3 days.

Any advice?

Good luck to everyone!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

yeh so print the appt letter which is attached in the email notification that nvc sent you and take that with you. you just need the first page.

Thank You

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

same here Bellez!!

I called NVC this morning and they said it should only be a couple more days...**fingers crossed**

My medical is the 16th also, who are you going to??

Dr. Randall Lee. @9:15am

My Journey:

March 29, 2013 :PD Dec-20, 2013 USCIS approval date July 28. 2015 (F) (F) (F)Interview Date APPROVED.

Guys just curious i got an email notification and interview packet on email. I am going for medical on thursday June 11 so i am wondering is the email notification is good enough to show the doctor that they schedule my interview on July 9, 2015

Thank You

Awesome :) :) Yep, that's the infamous "P4" ........still waiting on mine :(

Dr. Randall Lee. @9:15am

Cool :) I'll be there too, our appointment is at 8:30...... I'll be the exhausted mom with two bubbly blondes ;)

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Filed: Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi all,

I am Still in Ecuador. My husband had the interview on June 3 and got approved!! So know he is just waiting for the passport to be ready for pick up at DHL. We received an email on Monday with the tracking number and looks like it will be ready by Tomorrow.

Questions at the interview were pretty easy, nothing that has Not been posted before. We created a catálog with photos, screen shots of whatsap and Viber and facebook messages, and it seems that helped. The officer thanked us for being organized. Organization is key!

Just wanted to post this update . Good luck to all

Okay I know its stressful But they just probably just need more time to look over some things. Like I said good news they took his passport. Chin up good news is coming . Trust me. They will call him soon.

Thank you dwheels76 and KAR_SAT for all your support, I really appreciated.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Got the P4 in email today ! Will a print out work for medical and interview ? or do we need the hard copy sent by NVC ?

Anyone from Mumbai Consulate - How to schedule medical? I just see the address and phone numbers, so guessing appointment is done by phone. Is there any online registration before medical ? I am planning to get medical done at Ahmedabad, Ellisbridge Apollo hospital. No recent info on medicals at Ahmedabad :(

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Praise GOD! I have finally recieved my interview date after being in this process for almost a year, what a great feeling! I have been following this thread for so long and have been so envious of all the interview dates, I am so happy this is finally happening!

I have a few questions to prepare for the interview:

1. For financial evidence (i-864) I sent the original copy to the NVC, and I do not know the date I had indicated when originally signing, does this matter? Does the US consulate actually check the dates?

2. For tax returns for myself - I only have 1040 (not W-2) as I am working abroad, and I have a copy in which I got from my accountat, is this ok?

3. For tax returns from my sponser - Do I need the original 1040 and W-2? Or will a copy be a ok for the interview? Do I need his original signature on the i-864?

Also-

Any advice on to what happens after the interview so I know how to prepare?

Thanks for all your help, this is such a supportive community and I am grateful!

Edited by mfisher19214

Timeline

Congrats!

Got the P4 in email today ! Will a print out work for medical and interview ? or do we need the hard copy sent by NVC ?

Anyone from Mumbai Consulate - How to schedule medical? I just see the address and phone numbers, so guessing appointment is done by phone. Is there any online registration before medical ? I am planning to get medical done at Ahmedabad, Ellisbridge Apollo hospital. No recent info on medicals at Ahmedabad :(

Are you done with scheduling medical and biometric ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This might be stupid question, but I was on usatraveldocs site. Is OFC appointment same as the biometrics/fingerprinting thing which we are supposed to do before the interview? Also, I scheduled mine just 2 days before interview, would that cause any problems?

Timeline

This might be stupid question, but I was on usatraveldocs site. Is OFC appointment same as the biometrics/fingerprinting thing which we are supposed to do before the interview? Also, I scheduled mine just 2 days before interview, would that cause any problems?

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-offsitecollectionservices.asp

You can have biometric appointment even one day before interview. I guess OFC and Visa application center are same. You can call them at the call center and confirm.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Praise GOD! I have finally recieved my interview date after being in this process for almost a year, what a great feeling! I have been following this thread for so long and have been so envious of all the interview dates, I am so happy this is finally happening!

I have a few questions to prepare for the interview:

1. For financial evidence (i-864) I sent the original copy to the NVC, and I do not know the date I had indicated when originally signing, does this matter? Does the US consulate actually check the dates?

2. For tax returns for myself - I only have 1040 (not W-2) as I am working abroad, and I have a copy in which I got from my accountat, is this ok?

3. For tax returns from my sponser - Do I need the original 1040 and W-2? Or will a copy be a ok for the interview? Do I need his original signature on the i-864?

Also-

Any advice on to what happens after the interview so I know how to prepare?

Thanks for all your help, this is such a supportive community and I am grateful!

Hi,

Out of my understanding with this process, I think:

1. Since you sent original copy of I-864 to NVC, they will most likely forwarded to Embassy where your interview will take place; check the P4 letter,

which is explaining in details what documents you need in original, and what you need in photocopy; to be safe, you should take a copy with you ...

2. If you worked abroad and have only 1040, take it with you and explain why you don't have a W-2

3. From sponsor, I think that a copy of 1040 and W-2 are good enough, but definitely you will NEED HIS ORIGINAL SIGNATURE on his i-864; so, contact your sponsor and ask him to mail you i-864 WITH HIS ORIGINAL SIGNATURE, if you don't have this yet

This is only by my understanding, don't take it as granted ... (i am in the same boat as you are) ... check also with other people ... including contacting the Embassy where you have scheduled your interview ...

I hope it helps ...

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.