990 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I received Interview letter (P4) in postal mail and not email...is this common?

CC: May 19th

Interview date scheduled: June 4th

Received P4 packet: June 8th

Interview date: July 6th ..Mumbai consulate

I went picked it up. Ask them when you go for yours if they can courier it...I just wanted to physically have it in my hand lol.

I was worried they wouldn't have it ready in time. I am actually leaving for Ottawa on Friday this week and going to stay at my uncles house - then go to Montreal from there on Tuesday and my husband is giving me a "mock" interview tonight LOL!

awesome :) You'll do fine!!

When I called to book it, the lady said they can courier all three for $35 (as long as the kids' and mine will fit in the same envelope ;) )

Best wishes :D :D :D

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Interview date: July 6th ..Mumbai consulate[/quote)

Good for you...!!! Were you able to schedule medical? Let us know how it goes and how long it takes to get the report.

I Submitted the Tax return paper of 2014,2013,2012 to NVC. Do I still need to submit tax transcript at interview or i am good with only updated tax return document.

Hey there. My interview was on 4th June, It went great, I took the dss(shuttle service), reached the embassy at 7:15 am, got in at 7:45am and was assigned a token no., after a wait of 30 minutes I was asked called to give fingerprints and submit my pictures, after that I was asked to remain seated til they call again, then after 30 odd minutes I was called for submission of original documents and also latest tax transcripts of my wife, after that the consular asked me in what language I would prefer the interview, I selected English, then I was told to wait again for my final call for interview, then after 40 minutes I was called at the window, the American guy interviewed me, he asked me following questions;

How did you meet your wife?

Did she visit you after marriage?

Who does she lives with?

Where does she work?

Then he asked me for pictures of me and my wife together, since i was living in England for the past 2 years for my studies, he told me about his graduation from university of Manchester and asked me where I was living, then we had a good laugh and he said your case has been approved you will get your passport in 10 days, I thanked him and wished him a good day and left the embassy.

Next day i checked my status and it said issued. Alhamdulilah very happy.

I wish you all the best. Just be original and confident. You will be approved.

Congratulation

I have a question. Can you please respond to this

I Submitted the Tax return paper of 2014,2013,2012 to NVC. Do I still need to submit tax transcript at interview or i am good with only updated tax return document.

Congratulation

I have a question. Can you please respond to this

Thank you. Its better to keep all three tax transcripts with you for the interview but they usually ask for the updated 2014 tax transcript.

Hey Everyone,

I have a question. My wife is my petitioner and has been residing with me in UAE for the past 2 years. I have my case approved from NVC and awaiting for an interview date.

Do you guys believe that her staying with me will be an issue in the interview as I have heard that people who have their spouse residing with them don't get their visa approved.

Thanks.

31-03-2013 Got married
15-08-2014 I-130 sent
19-08-2014 NOA 1
19-11-2014 I-130 Approved
26-01-2015 Received DS-261/AOS Bill
02-02-2015 Paid AOS fee
15-03-2015 Paid IV fee
17-03-2015 Package sent to NVC
23-03-2015 Package received at NVC
24-03-2015 DS 260 submitted online
25-03-2015 Confirmation email received from NVC
21-04-2015 Received Checklist
27-04-2015 Checklist documents sent to NVC
06-06-2015 Received email for case approval

26-08-2015 Interview scheduled for 22nd Sep 2015

22-09-2015 Visa Approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Interview date: July 6th ..Mumbai consulate[/quote)

Good for you...!!! Were you able to schedule medical? Let us know how it goes and how long it takes to get the report.

Good luck!

Hey Everyone,

I have a question. My wife is my petitioner and has been residing with me in UAE for the past 2 years. I have my case approved from NVC and awaiting for an interview date.

Do you guys believe that her staying with me will be an issue in the interview as I have heard that people who have their spouse residing with them don't get their visa approved.

Thanks.

Not true. It shouldn't be an issue as it shows bona fide marriage. My husband lived with me in my home country while being on the process of CR-1. He left back home after I received Case Complete from the NVC (CC May 13th, interview scheduled June 3rd, interview date July 28th). If you have a joint sponsor everything should be alright as your wife, probably, not earning enough to financially support you while living with you.

It is my 2 cents.

Not true. It shouldn't be an issue as it shows bona fide marriage. My husband lived with me in my home country while being on the process of CR-1. He left back home after I received Case Complete from the NVC (CC May 13th, interview scheduled June 3rd, interview date July 28th). If you have a joint sponsor everything should be alright as your wife, probably, not earning enough to financially support you while living with you.

It is my 2 cents.

Hey Olee,

Thanks for the advise. Yes we have a joint financial sponsor.

Also, what do you think is the right answer for "Will you work once you are in the US" ?

As obviously I will be looking to work once we immigrate.

31-03-2013 Got married
15-08-2014 I-130 sent
19-08-2014 NOA 1
19-11-2014 I-130 Approved
26-01-2015 Received DS-261/AOS Bill
02-02-2015 Paid AOS fee
15-03-2015 Paid IV fee
17-03-2015 Package sent to NVC
23-03-2015 Package received at NVC
24-03-2015 DS 260 submitted online
25-03-2015 Confirmation email received from NVC
21-04-2015 Received Checklist
27-04-2015 Checklist documents sent to NVC
06-06-2015 Received email for case approval

26-08-2015 Interview scheduled for 22nd Sep 2015

22-09-2015 Visa Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview date: July 6th ..Mumbai consulate

Hi there, I did too! Even though we are enrolled in the Electronic Process (EP) Did anyone else got mail instead of email?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.