ZaakirahM

Can Medical Needs Help Visa Process?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

So I was recently informed by someone who hasn't exactly been through the IR/CR1 visa process, so I just wanted to verify if it is possible to contact the USCIS or Embassy (American or Gambian/Senegal) to inform them that I have medical needs

(Cancer survivor, vision impairment, hearing impairment) and that I am waiting on my husband to be here in the states because I need him to work and take care of me in order to possibly expedite the visa process?

I am aware of the possibility of needing a doctor's letter, but what else?

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

So I was recently informed by someone who hasn't exactly been through the IR/CR1 visa process, so I just wanted to verify if it is possible to contact the USCIS or Embassy (American or Gambian/Senegal) to inform them that I have medical needs

(Cancer survivor, vision impairment, hearing impairment) and that I am waiting on my husband to be here in the states because I need him to work and take care of me in order to possibly expedite the visa process?

I am aware of the possibility of needing a doctor's letter, but what else?

Thanks.

congratulations on surviving cancer as that is a huge battle to deal with, you can always try it won't hurt but it is unlikely to get approved, while being a cancer survivor is a big deal they would only probably consider it if you were still battling current day, hearing and vision impairment they are not going to care about much either probably if at all unless you are blind and or deaf and cannot work and people over come these things without the financial help of spouses as well . Cannot work and just not working being two different things of course . Give it a shot the worst thing they say is no and you continue waiting .

Filed: Timeline

If its at the petition (I130) level ask for an expedite there,

then at the NVC level, & again at the consulate the spouse

will interview. U cant ask for the expedite without good

reasons & proofs, also have an answer for what U did for

help in the past without him, because they could ask.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does your husband have a job waiting for him in the U.S? If not, how does that help your expedite? Since I assume he may face an indeterminate amount of time unemployed.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds more financial than medical.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Does your husband have a job waiting for him in the U.S? If not, how does that help your expedite? Since I assume he may face an indeterminate amount of time unemployed.

Good luck

See that's one of the things I am slightly confused about as I have been searching for jobs for him.

Should I be submitting an application for him online?

Should he be submitting applications?

How does that work if he is not able to have an in person interview?

Does he have to have the job first before applying for the work visa?

How does that work?

Thank you all for the suggestions!

It has been very helpful!

Edited by ZaakirahDemba

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I do not know his particular skill set, is he on linkedin?

Generally Employers are not that interested until you are in the US, but the best method is networking.

Ohh and I thought you were sponsoring him for an immigrant visa so a work visa is not relevant.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Since he is not authorized to work in the U.S. yet, you can certainly have him apply for jobs, you just have to have him answer honestly with respect to that question on applications.

I'm confused, if you are asking for an expedite based on needing your husband here to work to support you and your medical needs, how will that work? If he can be unemployed for weeks or months, how does that help you? doesn't that put a greater strain upon you and your condition?

These are things that will need to be addressed in your expedite package.

Good luck

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

Timeline

Yea it does put a strain on me.

But hey, women do whatever they can for their loved ones, right?

But that makes sense, because it would be confusing.

I am not disabled enough to not work, so that would not be a valid reason.

He is on Linkedin (an electronics engineer) so maybe I can suggest to him to use it more to look for jobs.

I was just exploring my options for other visas just in case while waiting for the IR/CR1.

Thanks!

Timeline

While no visa is immediate, including work visas, your spouse can certainly apply, or have applications sent on his behalf my employers, at any time

Good luck

USCIS
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011

Citizenship

Waited...

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.