dza

k1 pending and visitor visa (help)

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I was wondering the same thing. My fiancé said he believes that if he ask for a visitors visa that Both will get denied. I don't think that's true is it?

no lala

i never heard that will affect both , if that is the case no one would try this from the beginning, plus i asked my attorney, she do not work with b2 visas but she told me, most important to be honest in my interview, meaning not saying i am just going to spend time with friends there, no, but to be honest and say i will go to visit my fiance and spend time with him and whatever the real reason you are going for, because if you lied and your visa denied that could affect your k1 visa, so be honest this is the most important thing, but she did not say dont apply

she only told me not to apply only because the approval is not high, but it is worth the try

Timeline

I believe her intent was marriage. Not "shacking up". She only wanted to come here to visit him prior too... and we are not here to judge her or her families moral beliefs or to find out if she is allowed by her family to travel alone. None of that was brought up in any of her questions.

thanks so much for your replies i truly appreciate that

you replied the very right answer :)

and one of the reasons i need to visit, i want to meet his family, never met them , i have been with my fiance here in Egypt twice, he knows my family and have alot of picture all together, but me never met his family, but i am talking to them and i think i will mention that in my interview as well :)

Timeline

Yes, I am VERY aware of that; hence my query.

I certainly don't claim to know much about Egyptian culture or customs, but whether or not a single female can travel by herself to visit overseas friends or a male she's not officially related to (yet) will certainly be closely looked at by US consular officials in Cairo.

OP's family's discretion is none of my business, but my (and Boiler's) question is still valid from a very objective perspective.

i know my fiancee almost for 3 years , visited me twice, know my family very very well, they love and respect him so much

so he is not a stranger to be, we intend to marry this is why we are working with the k1 visa

but i need to spend more time with him and i think everyone here feel the same

if i can support with me in the interview pictures and other things to support my case i would do that

and at the end even when i take my k1 visa i me traveling to my fiancee not my husband, so it is the same

Credibility has a lot to do with visa application.

yes i believe so as well

but you mean all kind of visa application or this one ?

Timeline

I cannot speak for Egypt, but the US Embassy in Romania does approve tourist visas for K1 pending cases. I got a 10 year visa a few weeks before my K1 was approved, and I know at least 2 other people who were approved visitor visas while waiting for a decision on their K1.

I didnt want to waste money on a fee before I knew I had a shot, so I emailed the Embassy and asked if these two processes were somehow conflicting. They replied and said I could apply.

Yes, a K1 petition shows intent for immigration, but it also shows that you want to do things legally.

Maybe you should contact your Embassy and see what they have to say.

i thank you so much for this so positive experience

and yes it will not conflict with my k1 i know that

so i intend to give it a try, i NEED that

Timeline

Its a slim chance, due to the country you live in.

Also, you have K-1 pending, and asking for a visitor visa to the same country.,.,.,not likely to happen.

But, I see where one of our esteemed members posted, he has seen it happen.

Maybe you two could meet in another country.

Good luck.

i know it is hard but i believe nothing is impossible

plus i cant meet him another country because he don't have vacation time, he used it to visit me

the only chance is to visit him , and i have faith i may succeed nothing is impossible :)

Timeline

Romania is not a high fraud country, you are comparing apples to oranges. The chances of a single female from Egypt with no savings, no job, no property and no ties to her country with a pending K-1 are about zero.The embassy will simply tell her to apply and see what happens. No one is going to answer her over the phone or with an email. Until she has an interview there is no way to know.

but i have work, i have family and i have savings yes not in a bank i have cash but i will open an account and save them in a bank, do you think they are not a good ties for me here

plus i have honesty about legal immigrant by applying for k1

we paid for an attorney 2000 dollars to make it right maybe we could do it our-self but we were afraid to fail so we used attorney i was not then know about VJ

and i think they fear more about males more than females

do you think still with that ZERO to happen ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

thanks so much for sharing you experience

now i will go with making him my sponser, and i have family here all of them and have work, i hope that would be enough ties for them , plus i have pending k1 visa i would need to go back for the medical and the interview, i am in that process legally from the beginning , i would do whatever it takes and speak honestly

do u think that could be enough

i never had visa for usa

it is the first time to apply for b2 visa and i would be the happiest person if i can have it so i can get the chance to be with him and to break the waiting time and to know personally his family as he know mine, he visited me twice and have sooooo many pics with me and my family

i pray that would work with me

again, there is NO sponsorship for a tourist visa :bonk:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Why do you want a sponsor anyway? You have money, job.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Glad you have job and money, that's very good. I believe tourist visa is mostly about you, no sponsors

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

SO FYI since I am dealing with some of the waiting blues myself. I decided to call both the US Embassy in Jamaica and USCIS to ask if my pending K1 would be impacted in any way if we applied for a visitor Visa. USCIS said that it is up to the Jamaican consulate if they would allow him a visitor visa but the K1 would not be negatively impacted. Its about 160 dollars for the visitor visa. So I am going for it. worse case scenario is they say NO. Best case, I get to see my future husband again. He has a job he has had for the past 8 years, children, family, bank statements, property. So clear ties to his community but even still he will give that up to come here when the K1 is approved and we will later travel back and forth to Jamaica. But for now I would like to spend some time with him during the waiting period. what are your thoughts here?

Timeline

You are not going for it, he will be.

No harm.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Go for it. If he gets the visa, you both will be so happy you did. And, he will need to do the DS-160 online soon anyway. So the only extra money he will pay is coming to see you. The DS-160 is part of the all K visa

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

He also has a son we listed on the K1. Can he visit as well. We plan to do everything legally and he will go to Jamaica for his medical exams and interview but his son has Cerebral Palsy and even when I visited he stayed with us at the hotel. He would have to bring him on his visit here as well as his grandmother can not handle the child by herself for 24 hours let alone a few weeks. Thoughts? Boiler-" me and my fiance are in this together" :)

Timeline

Then you just need to apply for 2 B Visa's, one each.

Might want to check Travel Insurance availability, might be an issue.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.