dza

k1 pending and visitor visa (help)

95 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

SO FYI since I am dealing with some of the waiting blues myself. I decided to call both the US Embassy in Jamaica and USCIS to ask if my pending K1 would be impacted in any way if we applied for a visitor Visa. USCIS said that it is up to the Jamaican consulate if they would allow him a visitor visa but the K1 would not be negatively impacted. Its about 160 dollars for the visitor visa. So I am going for it. worse case scenario is they say NO. Best case, I get to see my future husband again. He has a job he has had for the past 8 years, children, family, bank statements, property. So clear ties to his community but even still he will give that up to come here when the K1 is approved and we will later travel back and forth to Jamaica. But for now I would like to spend some time with him during the waiting period. what are your thoughts here?

that is what exactly i am also thinking about to spend more time with my future husband

but i fear my Egyptian consulate here will not approve to apply for two visas at the same time this is now my fear

again, there is NO sponsorship for a tourist visa :bonk:

i think i wrote it by mistake, i was thinking about it but no i will do it my own :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

that is what exactly i am also thinking about to spend more time with my future husband

but i fear my Egyptian consulate here will not approve to apply for two visas at the same time this is now my fear

i think i wrote it by mistake, i was thinking about it but no i will do it my own :)

Why do you need 2 visas?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Go for it. If he gets the visa, you both will be so happy you did. And, he will need to do the DS-160 online soon anyway. So the only extra money he will pay is coming to see you. The DS-160 is part of the all K visa

thanks so much for this

first he is the american and i am Egyptian girl

i am the person here whom trying to have the visitor visa and my k1 is in process

i fear that i cant apply for 2 visas at the same time

i dont know if every consulate in each country has its own roles

Why do you need 2 visas?

because i am already in process for my k1 visa so i am waiting for NOA2

and now i want to have visitor visa so it is 2

Timeline

You do not have a K1, it is normal that when that is issues any B would be cancelled but you are a long way away from that.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

You do not have a K1, it is normal that when that is issues any B would be cancelled but you are a long way away from that.

i truly hope so it is not the issue , i had a call today and someone told me I THINK just think not sure that it is hard to apply for 2 visas at the same time

he is not the responsible for visas an gave me number to call next Sunday and ask them , but made me worry

Timeline

May be hard but not impossible as others who did and got theirs have said.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

ning, maybe it is difficult and hard to have the b2 visa , but will not harm me as l long as i am completely honest with him

and i think it is more difficult with male then female, so they think more he will escape and coming back to Egypt

if i want to i wont start legally from the beginning

Honesty is your best shot! I see people here being very adamant that you won't get a visa, but truth is, there's no legal conflict and it depends on whoever interviews you and how they see it!

When I went to get my first tourist visa, I wanted to visit my then-boyfriend, meet his family and see if I could ever like living in America. We decided to tell the officer just that. Everybody around be told me that I was stupid and I was practically asking for a refusal. Guess what? The officer might have appreciated my honesty, because I was granted a visa. And no, I wasnt asked for any documents to prove ties to the country. He just asked me if I was planning to stay in the US and get married, and I responded that if our relationship gets to that point, we will do things legally.

The worse that could happen is that you'd be refused. It won't impact your K1 process.

Timeline

i truly hope so it is not the issue , i had a call today and someone told me I THINK just think not sure that it is hard to apply for 2 visas at the same time

he is not the responsible for visas an gave me number to call next Sunday and ask them , but made me worry

you have not applied for a K1 visa yet. Your fiancee petitioned for you, but you will apply for a K1 when your file reaches the Embassy in Egypt. So you're not applying for 2 types of visa at the same time.

My B1/B2 visa was "cancelled without prejudice" when they stuck my K1 visa in my passport.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You could apply without harming the k1, yes, but you need to be realistic. You're giving yourself these expectations and honestly, what could be a false hope. Reading the comments you've written has me worried for you if you get rejected. You can do whatever you'd like, but when you say there's no harm done, if you call wasting money/time, getting disappointed, and feeling heartache if you get rejected, then yeah, harm done. Some say that's a gamble they want to take. You sound like that, so go for it, but as excited as you sound, try not to get your hopes up too much. You should go into this knowing there's a very good chance you could get rejected. You want hope and positive experiences, but if you go in with that, you could be very seriously let down. And if you do get rejected, how are you going to handle it? Your comments are almost as if you couldn't live without your fiance and that the heartache is too much to bear. Like I said, we've all been there. So you need to know what to do and how to handle yourself if you don't get the visa. You keep saying it's not impossible, but you have to remember that the odds may be against you. As honest as you can be with the embassy, that doesn't mean they'll just hand you over a visa. Take heed to what others have said and be prepared for anything to happen- approval OR rejection. Just don't expect either one.

Keep us posted on what happens. Good luck!

Edit: As great as some of these stories may be of others getting visas, remember what someone else said : Your experience will be totally different. It's at your consulate's discretion. Just because others have gotten visas doesn't mean you will. And remember that some of these people already HAD visas before obtaining a visa while awaiting the K1, which makes a difference. Don't just take other's stories and think yours will happen the same way.

Edited by SantyAndAllie

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/2/14- I-129F form sent
♥ 10/3/14- USCIS received I-129F
♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
4/24/15- NOA2 [6.5 months; 199 days]
♥ 5/11/15- NVC received & case number assigned
5/13/15- NVC left
5/14/15- Consulate received & ready for interview
6/15/15- Interview- APPROVED!!

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

7/14/15- Marriage (Civil)

AOS

7/20/15- AOS/EAD/AP sent together

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

8/31/15- Expedited AP document (all in one day)

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

9/30/15- Received EAD/AP combo card

11/20/15- AOS NOA2 (no interview)

11/25/15- Green card received! Woohoo!!!

"Can my fiance(e) visit on VWP while awaiting K-1 visa?"
Check out our recent experience coming through JFK on VWP here!

*Fellow Ecuamerican couples: All info you need to know--

Concise post NOA-2 steps, advice, & consulate info here!*

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

The worse that could happen is that you'd be refused. It won't impact your K1 process.

:thumbs:

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

And if you do get rejected, how are you going to handle it? Your comments are almost as if you couldn't live without your fiance and that the heartache is too much to bear.

The OP never said she was going to throw herself off a bridge if she doesn't get a visa :)

We're not all the same. My husband likes to prepare himself emotionally for a possible letdown, I just walk into a situation hopeful and deal with the disappointment later if need be :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

All of us here have either put are trust or are in the process of having others decide when we can be with the one we love. We all knew this before we started. I myself always try to be positive about whatever happens in my life. I know I'm not perfect but I try for happiness. Any rejection in life is not so fun. Like those who get REF's. But I think they just move on and keep up the fight

12/30/13 Met online
05/23/14 Met in person
03/13/15 Mailed I-129F
03/17/15 NOA1
04/15/15 NOA2
04/28/15 NVC received
04/30/15 Case numbers
05/01/15 NVC Shipped
05/06/15 NVC at Embassy
05/12/15 Packet 3

06/08/15 Packet 3 Sent

Almost a month between getting pac 3 and sending it because we didn't plan to get married until early next year. Now we might just get married sooner :)

07/23/15 Medical done

08/10/15 Interview

APPROVED !!!!

08/17/15 Visa

10/03/15 POE

Timeline

The OP never said she was going to throw herself off a bridge if she doesn't get a visa :)

We're not all the same. My husband likes to prepare himself emotionally for a possible letdown, I just walk into a situation hopeful and deal with the disappointment later if need be :)

No. Did you read her comments? I'm not talking about jump off a bridge, thank you. Actually I was talking about those who decide to abandon the process and do things in a way that may actually NOT benefit them and takes them longer in the long run because of feeling desperate enough. I'm not talking about her killing herself over this. I'm talking about exploring options that may end up being harder or even illegal. It's happened before because people become desperate to see their loved ones (I even thought briefly about the AOS route, but obviously didn't do that because it's not in our best interest).

She needs to be prepared for rejection, and it sounds like she's over hyping herself for this. Your husband may prepare himself well, but I personally wanted to make sure she knew and understood the implications. Clearly, not everyone knows going in, and they sometimes end up with more heartache than when they started.

Edited by SantyAndAllie

K-1 Visa

♥ 10/7/14- NOA1
5/13/15- NVC left

7/10/15- Visa in hand

7/11/15- POE

AOS

7/23/15- NOA1 for all 3

8/17/15- Biometrics

9/22/15- EAD NOA2

al6ryq.png

Allie & Santy

Timeline

exploring options that may end up being harder or even illegal. It's happened before because people become desperate to see their loved ones

Wow. You're certainly assuming a lot.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.