425 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Both fees paid, DS260 submitted yesterday and Financial/Supporting documents sent via email today to NVC. Woot!

Now to start thinking about the interview in Montreal!!

Sweet!! Logged onto CEAC today and saw the 3 N/A's!! I called and they confirmed it's being completed and to expect an interview letter in the next 5-7 days. Sooo excited!!

Florida Bear, are you for real?? lol Case Complete in 1 week?? wow wow wow! That is absolutely amazing! Super excited for you guys!!! :joy: :joy: All the best at the interview! :D:D

graphics-exclamation-mark-527817.gif April 9th: Got Married yektdeort6eji5ha.png

CR1 animal-graphics-pigeons-221733.gif CR2

Oops, forgot to update this thread...

- filed I-130 May 11

- approved Sep 15

- CC Dec 29

- Interview scheduling date Jan 11

- Interview date Feb 10

Good luck y'all!

I-130 Petition sent May 8, 2015 (waited until I naturalized as a US citizen on 4/1/15)
NOA1 date May 11, 2015 (NSC)
NOA2 date Sep 15, 2015

Mailed to NVC Sep 21, 2015
NVC Received Sep 9, 2015 <--not sure about this date, I thought maybe it's the welcome letter date?
NVC Case Number Assigned Oct 9, 2015
NVC AoS Invoice online Oct 13, 2015
NVC Selected Agent online Oct 13, 2015
NVC AoS Invoice paid online Oct 14, 2015
NVC AoS Fee marked as paid on CEAC (online) Oct 19, 2015
NVC IV Invoice online Nov 3, 2015
NVC IV Fee Paid Online Nov 3, 2015
NCV IV Fee marked as paid on CEAC (online) Nov, 8 2015
NVC DS 260 Completed Nov 8, 2015
NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed Nov 20, 2015 (confirmed delivery via FedEx)
NVC Case Complete Dec 29, 2015 (confirmed by calling NVC after seeing 3 N/As on CEAC website on 12/30/2015)
NVC Case Complete email received on Jan 5, 2016
NVC Interview date scheduled on Jan 11, 2016 (confirmed by calling NVC)

Embassy:
Interview date: Feb 10, 2016

Decision: Approved

Estimated passport return date: Feb 29, 2016

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Florida Bear, are you for real?? lol Case Complete in 1 week?? wow wow wow! That is absolutely amazing! Super excited for you guys!!! :joy: :joy: All the best at the interview! :D:D

Yeah to say I was shocked would be an understatement and hoping this wasn't some NVC error where they accidentally approved it. lol

Thanks! So excited right now! :goofy:

- filed I-130 May 11

- approved Sep 15

- CC Dec 29

- Interview date Feb 10

Good luck y'all!

Congrats and all the best in your interview! :joy::joy:

Timeline

Hi Can someone help? How long after USCIS rec' my RFE evidence does it take for them to give us an answer?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

We were at NE service center, but we received our NOA2 approval 9 days after USCIS received our RFE response. Our RFE was just for passport photos though (they seemed to lost ours we sent with our I130 packet). Good luck, it shouldn't be much longer!! :)

event.png

Sweet!! Logged onto CEAC today and saw the 3 N/A's!! I called and they confirmed it's being completed and to expect an interview letter in the next 5-7 days. Sooo excited!!

Ahhh!!! That is so awesome!!! Congrats! :)

event.png

Timeline

Hi everyone,

Did anyone receive an email like this? This was attached to the email

"

Dear Sir/Madam

The National Visa Center(NVC received your documents on 28-DEC-15. We are experiencing high volume of incoming mail at this time. Please allow 30 days from the date we received your mail for the NVC to review your documents. We are diligently working to reduce our review time and appreciate your patience. The NVC will notify you after our review if there is additional information required or we are able to schedule your case for an interview overseas."

This was such a teaser. When I got the notification on my phone that I got an email from NVC, I was all excited but it looks like the waiting continues.

Yup I'd say that is NVC's version of the NOA1.. 28th December is your scan date so wait for an answer from them within a month. Fingers crossed it will be case completes for us peeps soon! ;)

- filed I-130 May 11

- approved Sep 15

- CC Dec 29

- Interview date Feb 10

Good luck y'all!

Congratz!! :joy: All the best! :joy:

graphics-exclamation-mark-527817.gif April 9th: Got Married yektdeort6eji5ha.png

Yeah to say I was shocked would be an understatement and hoping this wasn't some NVC error where they accidentally approved it. lol

Thanks! So excited right now! :goofy:

Congrats and all the best in your interview! :joy::joy:

Thank you! Congrats and good luck to you also!

I-130 Petition sent May 8, 2015 (waited until I naturalized as a US citizen on 4/1/15)
NOA2 date Sep 15, 2015

NVC Received Sep 9, 2015 <--not sure about this date, I thought maybe it's the welcome letter date?
NVC Case Complete Dec 29, 2015 (confirmed by calling NVC after seeing 3 N/As on CEAC website on 12/30/2015)

Embassy:

Yup I'd say that is NVC's version of the NOA1.. 28th December is your scan date so wait for an answer from them within a month. Fingers crossed it will be case completes for us peeps soon! ;)

Congratz!! :joy: All the best! :joy:

Thank you!!! :) All the best to my class of May 2015!!!

NOA2 date Sep 15, 2015

Embassy:

Any of my fellow May 2015 filers had their medical exam yet? I've been posting questions in my various groups about the details of that exam. My wife is a bit uncomfy with the whole "external genital" inspection (quoted from the NVC website's FAQs) and while I've done my homework by searching through old posts, all I learned is that it is hit or miss. In Canada, most women haven't had a gyno exam (as part of the physical exam conducted by the immigration medical examiner) and in the UK it was a just a quick peek in the underwear to confirm gender, but in Asia it's a full blown gyno exam.

I posted in the South Asia regional forum but it's such cultural taboo to talk about these things so I was hoping someone with experience could chime in without it getting too inappropriate. Feel free to private message if you prefer.

Sorry to get so personal. Of course we have no choice but sit and wait and go through the process but as always, this site gives relief when you see others had similar nervousness and experiences.

Edited by LHEtoNYC

NOA2 date Sep 15, 2015

Embassy:

Timeline

LHEtoNYC, I'm sure on every country embassy page there is a list of physicians and their contact info, so why don't you or your wife give them a call so you can ask them personally...

LHEtoNYC, I'm sure on every country embassy page there is a list of physicians and their contact info, so why don't you or your wife give them a call so you can ask them personally...

Worried that it would raise suspicion of you start asking detailed questions about the exam procedures but that's a good point. My wife will definitely call and try to ask questions in a vague way so as not to raise any red flags. Thank you!

NOA2 date Sep 15, 2015

Embassy:

Timeline

Both fees paid, DS260 submitted yesterday and Financial/Supporting documents sent via email today to NVC. Woot!

Now to start thinking about the interview in Montreal!!

Florida bear you were able to file Electronically since your husband will be having interview in Montreal, is that correct? Did the CEAC website specifically have a spot to file EP? My online fees are still in "process" so I can't check, but my husband is also in Canada and going to the Montreal embassy. I would love to file Electronically if it was an option. Any info would be great. Thank you and congrats!!! :)

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Thank you for the reply. One last question on the RFE does the website give you the approval the NOA2? as is says they will mail their decision or contact me if they need something further. That is what the website says now. they rec my RFE. Thank you to anyone who knows.

Edited by mar and kel

Timeline

Florida bear you were able to file Electronically since your husband will be having interview in Montreal, is that correct? Did the CEAC website specifically have a spot to file EP? My online fees are still in "process" so I can't check, but my husband is also in Canada and going to the Montreal embassy. I would love to file Electronically if it was an option. Any info would be great. Thank you and congrats!!! :)

Yeah I was and it paid off big time. I followed the steps on the travel.state.gov site exactly as they suggested in their FAQ for sending in documents and also the advice of the rep at NVC to not send in the supporting docs til the DS-260 was done.

I hope this link works as I detailed what I did.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/580467-nvc-filers-january-2016/?p=7968051

The link to the travel.state site should be in that post, if not then here ya go.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

It seems there is a lot of info on the Wiki site and stuff, some of it outdated, but I stuck with what the government said and I was approved to case complete one week after emailing the documents. I didn't try to speed anything up by sending documents before the DS--260 was submitted online. (Which should be available for you in a few days after the fees are paid and processed).

Hope this helps and best of luck! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

This waiting really sucks. My scan date for my documents at NVC was December 28th. I called to check if they have had a chance to review them, they told me that I have to allow 30 to 45 days to review. Hopefully I am not missing any document, which will delay things even more. I was hoping that my husband would have been with me by Valentine's day. It does not look like it's going to happen. I cannot wait to be done with this process and have my husband with me. We have a two month old, and he has not seen her in person yet and I cannot go right now because I just went back to work after maternity leave. Sorry everyone, just a little rant this morning. Good luck to everyone and wish you a speedy and positive process.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

This waiting really sucks. My scan date for my documents at NVC was December 28th. I called to check if they have had a chance to review them, they told me that I have to allow 30 to 45 days to review. Hopefully I am not missing any document, which will delay things even more. I was hoping that my husband would have been with me by Valentine's day. It does not look like it's going to happen. I cannot wait to be done with this process and have my husband with me. We have a two month old, and he has not seen her in person yet and I cannot go right now because I just went back to work after maternity leave. Sorry everyone, just a little rant this morning. Good luck to everyone and wish you a speedy and positive process.

I am sorry to hear that, not seeing your baby must be even more difficult for him. My Scan date is December 21st, I also havent heard back from them. But they were working on Scan date of December 10. We should hear back from them at the end of this month / beginning of February. I know the waiting sucks but we are almost there.

[spoiler]Green card I-130:Wedding date January 16th,2015 I-130 sent: May 5th,2015 NOA1: May 7th, 2015 NOA2: October 23rd,2015 Sent to NVC Nov 3rd, 2015 Received at NVC on the November 9th,2015 NVC sent letter with Case number on December 2nd,2015 DS-261 on December 07th, 2015 Paid AOS fee on December 07th,2015 Paid IV fee on December 12th, 2015 Sent AOS and IV package on December 17th, 2015 Form Ds 260 submitted on December 21, 2015. (Delay due to Ds261 showing incomplete had to resubmit) Scan date: December 21st, 2015 Case complete: January 29th, 2016 Medical examination: March 4th, 2016 Interview: March 17th, 2016 at US Embassy in Paris - Approved ! March 18th, 2016 - CEAC shows visa ISSUED March 24th, 2016 - Visa received this morning Paid ELIS $165 fee + book flight on MArch 24th, 2016 POE Chicago on April 13th, 2016  Received green card on June 8th, 2016[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Removing condition I-751:

Submission: 2/1/2018

NOA 1 Received: 2/5/2018

Biometrics: 5/25/2018

18 month extension letter: 8/20/2018

RFE: 2/3/2019

You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.