Aymerlu

The damn weather

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Well, we had snow down to 1,500 feet here in the Bay Area yesterday. It looked like the Alps around here, or at least Seattle/WA.

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Woooooo! Oklahoma had its first tornado of the season tonight, in the NE!

As we were driving home tonight we could see the wall cloud above us in the distance. It was kinda eery, with the moon above, and then the thunderclouds underneath, with lots of lightning.

Jerry's mom told me all her "underground tornado shelter" stories this afternoon, oye! :wacko:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I live on the Illinois side of the Mississippi near St. Louis (as some of you know). These storms that came thru the past 2 days were horrible, there is no doubt, and very unique. Usually we do not have that large of areas covered in tornados and warnings. Even the weather guys on TV have said it's not likely we'll see storms like that again for awhile.

That being said... live here long enough and you get used to it. My sister grew up here with me but spend the last 10 years living away. She calls me last night (she lives next door to me) almost in tears saying she was scared and wanted to go to my dad's house. I had to reassure her that our basements are just as safe, and it's better not to disrupt the kids as much as possible. She ended up sleeping next to her basement door so she could get up if the sirens went off and get downstairs quicker.

Me? We went to sleep in our own bed, had the windows open, the kids in their beds knowing that the sirens will wake me up and then we'd go down in the basement. Tornado warnings are a way of life here.... I'm so used to them that I don't think twice about it anymore.

If you are new to the area just be warned: storms will brew up out of nowhere (bright and sunny, nothing on the radar) all summer long. You should get on average 2 storms per week, with as many tornado warnings. Last summer was abnormal with us only have the one bad storm (4th of july storm). I don't think we'll be that lucky this summer.

The midwestern thing to do is make sure things in your yard are easily picked up, don't leave ####### outside that can blow away, and be ready to run downstairs at a moment's notice. I know it's scary, but you'll get used to it. :)

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

welcome to the midwest....yeah.you get use to it..

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hope all the Vjers are fine.

We've had tornado warnings two times in the past days, but fortunately there was no touchdown, only lots of wind and hail.

Last night a big tornado paved it's way from NE Oklahoma through NW Arkansas (Benton county) into Missouri. They said on the news that at least 100-120 houses were leveled, some people were injured but fortunately no-one died. We have yet to reach friends of us that live up there.

There was more than 100 tornado reports for last night alone in the Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri area. They said 10 people died :(

I hope you all stayed safe in this crazy weather. (F)

animal-smiley-085.gif

Mar 06, 2007: mailed I751!

Mar 09, 2007: I751 arrived at TSC

Mar 13, 2007: checks cleared bank

Mar 24, 2007: biometrics receipt dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: NOA1 dated Mar 09

Mar 28, 2007: biometrics letter dated Mar 22

Apr 06, 2007: biometrics appointment

(Oct 09, 2007: called USCIS: service request sent to TSC)

Jan 31, 2008: case transferred to VSC (last touch date changed from 04/07/07 to 02/01/08)

Feb 01, 2008: touch

Feb 04, 2008: touch

(Feb 05, 2008: infopass appointment)

Feb 07, 2008: transfer notice dated Feb 01, 08

Feb 13, 2008: touch (Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.)

Feb 25, 2008: touch

Apr 11, 2008: approval email! (only took 1 year, 34 days!)

Apr 13, 2008: 2 more approval emails

Apr 16, 2008: email notice: "Approval notice sent"

Apr 18, 2008: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!! card received!

tumbleweed-1.gif

04/22/2010 N400 mailed

05/05/2010 check cashed

05/07/2010 NOA1 dated 05/04/2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Snow, snow and lots of snow here in Minnesota ! I couldn't go to work today because visibility was very poor, couldn't even see across the street ! And it's still coming down now... :yes:

Me- Indonesia & hubby - US

married in Vancouver, Canada

USCIS-free for 10 years !

Timeline
Snow, snow and lots of snow here in Minnesota ! I couldn't go to work today because visibility was very poor, couldn't even see across the street ! And it's still coming down now... :yes:

I'm sure glad I don't live in the midwest.

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

---

Well, the nasty storms we were supposed to have today have gone South and North of us with us in a hole right in the middle! I was hoping for some thunder :(

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Timeline

You are lucky! Better less excitement and less trouble.

11-07-2005 AP approved

---

You are lucky! Better less excitement and less trouble.

I know, but it's just so hot here some nice cool rain would be nice! And a little thunder is always fun, but I definitely don't want to invite any tornados!

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Ok I just got a rumble, I'm satisfied.

Naturalization

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We've had tornado warnings two times in the past days, but fortunately there was no touchdown, only lots of wind and hail.

Last night a big tornado paved it's way from NE Oklahoma through NW Arkansas (Benton county) into Missouri. They said on the news that at least 100-120 houses were leveled, some people were injured but fortunately no-one died. We have yet to reach friends of us that live up there.

There was more than 100 tornado reports for last night alone in the Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri area. They said 10 people died :(

The weekend for the midwest was terrible. Missouri even had a few deaths. :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I live in oregon we get a bit of rain and we had some snow yesterday, I am curious how my pilipina fiance is going to deal with the huge change. She wears a coat at night when it gets to 70 F

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

The weekend for the midwest was terrible. Missouri even had a few deaths. :(

In the St. Louis viewing area there was something like 122 tornados spotted over the weekend. That includes Illinois. Springfield got hit hard on Sunday and on Saturday it was more southern illinois. The people in Missouri who's truck got thrown into the propane tank and died were friends of my uncles.

March 4, 2004 NOA 1

June 29, 2004 NOA 2

August 26th -- interview date - we need to complete a I-601 waiver so it's back to waiting again

January 6, 2005 i-601 waiver approved!!!!

January 21, 2005 VISA IN HAND

February 12, 2005 WEDDING!!!!!

March 10, 2005 mailed AOS and EAD applications to Chicago

April 18, 2005 EAD and AOS receipt dates for NOA

June 30, 2005 AOS RFE evidence submitted (translated birth certificate)

August 10, 2005 ---EAD approved via infopass appointment

October 18, 2005 - AOS interview in St. Louis - received an RFE for vaccination supplement

February 9, 2006 - denial for AOS letter due to the wrong form being submitted from the doctor. PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS DOESN'T HAPPEN TO YOU!!

February 16, 2006 - USCIS accepts the motion to reopen without an additional fee - finally something goes right! We should hear from USCIS St. Louis office within 2 weeks.

April 3, 2006 - Received welcome to America letter in the mail!

April 8, 2006 - Received GC in the mail - done for 2 years!!!!

March 1, 2008 - mailed off I-751

March 3, 2008 NSC delivery confirmation

March 10, 2008 NOA 1

March 28, 2008 Biometrics appointment

Legal Permanent Resident - just waiting for time to pass for him to have eligibility for citizenship.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
The people in Missouri who's truck got thrown into the propane tank and died were friends of my uncles.

Sorry to hear this and sending thoughts and prayers with your uncle and the families touched.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.