pathagy

April 2015 Filers

1,974 posts in this topic

Wanna share my experience!

My interview was at 10:00 AM Argentina time on the 10th of September.
I was so nervous, and got there early, around 09:30 AM, and went to the windows to get some help, because I was a little bit lost.

I approached to the window, and they told me to go to the "window 1" when it hits 10 o'clock, without waiting the long line of tourist visa. Around 9:50, they called me to the first window, I told them that I was there for K1 fiancée's visa appointment, and ask my name, which was on the list, and I hand me a green folder with a number to go straight through the security check, and go to step 4 to take my fingerprints. When I got there, their system was having some issues, and told me to go straight to the waiting room on step 5, and announce that the system was down, and hand my papers that the green folder asks. While waiting to be called, I started to get some of the papers, and they called me to the window 14. A very nice lady, where was the consul's assistant told me that it wasn't the actual interview and start gathering my papers together, then when I handed my fiancée's affidavit support , she told me that there was something wrong/missing/no the way that they need for, but still, she was going to hand it to the consul and that she might will be fine with it. Then she told me to take a seat, and wait to be called in the "window 5" for immigration visa interviews, and if she forgot to ask for my fingerprints, remind her for it.

By the time, it was around 10:15.

I took a seat, and waited.. They took around 45mins-60mins o review them, and I got called by my Argentinian name (Natalia Lin, not my actual name "Yueh Chun Lin") and headed to the interview room.

The consul was a very nice mid-age lady, and she directly spoke to me in english and asked me couple questions in the following order:
- Do you swear that all your answers today are true?
(then asked me to get my fingerprints)
- When was the first time you went to the states?
- What were you doing in Texas?
- How did you guys met?
- How long did you stayed in the states?
- What was your fiancé doing in Texas?
- Is he still in the military?
- What does your fiancé do?
- Where is he studying? Which college?
- Does he work?
- What are you planning to do in the states? Study? Work?
- What are the plans for the wedding?
- Are you guys planning to do it in the states or here in Argentina?
- Are you planning to bring your parents for the wedding in the states?
- What do you do here? Study? Work?
- When do you plan to fly to the states?

then she said "everything seems alright, so... YOUR VISA IS APPROVED!"
In that moment, I was almost tearing up!!!!
And then she told me that "the only thing is that the doctor of the medicals told forgot to sign one of the forms and they need to send it back to her, and it will be straight.. So, congratulations!! just wait for the DHL email confirmation email to pick up, and there you go!"

then handed me back my old passports and the receipt of the payment, and I left.

Everything went very smooth, and just remember to smile, always be honest, and everything will be fine.

Good luck to all!!
I walked out the embassy around 11:30, and I was already done with everything.

event.png

My K-1 Fiancée Visa Journey

USCIS:
2015-04-09: I-129F Mailed out overnight to Lewisville, TX
2015-04-10: Case received by USCIS. Routed to California Service Center
2015-04-14: Received our e-mail of NOA1
2015-04-21: NOA1 Hardcopy on hand!
2015-06-12: Case was approved! NOA2
2015-06-19: I797 Hardcopy on hand!
National Visa Center (NVC):
2015-07-06: BNS Case number assigned!
2015-07-07: DS-160 Completed
2015-07-07: Visa FEE paid off
2015-07-11: Case updated at CEAC to "in Transit"!
2015-07-13: Case updated at CEAC to "Ready"!
Argentina's U.S. Embassy - Consular Section:
2015-07-15: Embassy received the package hardcopy from NVC by DHL
2015-07-16: Vaccinations done
2015-07-17: Police certificate done
2015-07-21: Medicals done
2015-07-23: Packet 3 documentation set
2015-07-24: Received packet 3
2015-07-27: Handed in packet 3 to the embassy
2015-08-21: Received packet 4
2015-09-07: Re-done police certificate, required by the USBA IV unit.
2015-09-08: Received package of affidavit of support, sent by UPS from Roland to Argentina
2015-09-10: Interview APPROVED!!!!
2015-09-11: Case status updated at CEAC to "Administrative Processing"!
2015-09-14: Case status updated at CEAC to "Issued"!
2015-09-23: Passport ready to pick up! Scheduled for September 25th.
2015-09-25: Visa on hand
2015-10-02: Departure from Ezeiza, Buenos Aires
Department of Homeland Security (DHS):
2015-10-03: POE - Atlanta, GA
2015-10-16: Got married at Denton, Caroline County's Courthouse

My AOS Journey

Social Security Administration:
2015-10-26: Applied for SSN at Cambridge Social Security Administration
2015-11-23: Called SSA after four weeks mark. They re-send the forms because it was the wrong one.
2016-01-12: Visit SSA and been told that there was a mail sent to me according the situation. Received it later in the afternoon.

2016-01-13: Finally got my SSN card!! (Yayy!! after 80 days!!)

USCIS:
2015-12-17: Forms I-485, I-765 & I-131 Mailed out by USPS Priority mail
2015-12-20: Package delivered

2015-12-30: Received three NOA1's e-mails and sms (I-485, I-131 and I-765)

2016-01-05: Received three NOA1's hardcopies on hand!

2016-01-06: Received biometrics appointment letter.

2016-01-19: Biometrics appointment @ Dover, DE. (Successful! Took only 10 mins.)

2016-01-25: RFIE notification :cry:

2016-02-02: RFIE hardcopy mail received. (I864 form needed to be corrected + additional documentation)

2016-03-08: Overnighted the RFIE response with UPS

2016-03-09: Package delivered

2016-03-10: Received RFIE reception notification

2016-04-08: EAD & AP been approved!

2016-04-11: Received AP & EAD approval e-notification!! (woot woot!!)

2016-04-12: EAD card is being produced

2016-04-13: EAD card been mailed

2016-04-15: Combo card on hand!

2016-XX-XX: (GC interview/approval notice!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!) :clock:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was so nervous, and got there early, around 09:30 AM, and went to the windows to get some help, because I was a little bit lost.

I approached to the window, and they told me to go to the "window 1" when it hits 10 o'clock, without waiting the long line of tourist visa. Around 9:50, they called me to the first window, I told them that I was there for K1 fiancée's visa appointment, and ask my name, which was on the list, and I hand me a green folder with a number to go straight through the security check, and go to step 4 to take my fingerprints. When I got there, their system was having some issues, and told me to go straight to the waiting room on step 5, and announce that the system was down, and hand my papers that the green folder asks. While waiting to be called, I started to get some of the papers, and they called me to the window 14. A very nice lady, where was the consul's assistant told me that it wasn't the actual interview and start gathering my papers together, then when I handed my fiancée's affidavit support , she told me that there was something wrong/missing/no the way that they need for, but still, she was going to hand it to the consul and that she might will be fine with it. Then she told me to take a seat, and wait to be called in the "window 5" for immigration visa interviews, and if she forgot to ask for my fingerprints, remind her for it.

I took a seat, and waited.. They took around 45mins-60mins o review them, and I got called by my Argentinian name (Natalia Lin, not my actual name "Yueh Chun Lin") and headed to the interview room.

The consul was a very nice mid-age lady, and she directly spoke to me in english and asked me couple questions in the following order:

- How did you guys met?

- Does he work?

And then she told me that "the only thing is that the doctor of the medicals told forgot to sign one of the forms and they need to send it back to her, and it will be straight.. So, congratulations!! just wait for the DHL email confirmation email to pick up, and there you go!"

then handed me back my old passports and the receipt of the payment, and I left.

Everything went very smooth, and just remember to smile, always be honest, and everything will be fine.

Good luck to all!!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experience, it's inspiring to the rest of us. Lots of interviews rolling in for us April filers now :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

- How did you guys met?

- Does he work?

Good luck to all!!

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing your experiences, NataliaLin!

Timeline

We were approved in Juarez yesterday!!!!! :D

She gave them financial info, photos and medical in one window and then went to the interview. The wait is around 3 hours total from arrival to interview.

She said the interview was rather easy too. It was in Spanish. The questions were:

1. Where did you meet him?

2. Has he been to Mexico?

3. Why do you want to share your life with him if he's only been here twice? (to which she responded she's been to the US three times as well and spent over a month there total)

4. Is he handsome? (not lying!!!!!)

5. Is he smart? (ditto)

6. Do you think he is going to be the only husband you will ever have?

7. Do you think you will be the only wife he ever has?

"¡Felicitiones, tu visa está aprobada!" :joy:

Advice: When you come to Juarez, don't worry too much. Be safe, yes and cautious but when you are here, you will find that the area around the consulate is considerably safe. The other parts of Juarez you will probably take a taxi through are a bit suspect though. However, as I said, the area around the consulate is actually considerably safe. Stay at the IBIS hotel, it's rather cheap (I paid like $25 a night and it's really nice for the price). Also, eat at the breakfast buffet at Barrigas, which is an incredibly restaurant near the consulate. It is absolutely delicious and has the best costumer service you will ever experience. The mall which is near the consulate is very nice as well and the Buffalo Wild Wings has better prices than the US. Extra mart is also really close to Ibis too. Many places accept dollars. If you are the USC sponsor, be prepared to wait a while though. I was waiting outside for about 3 hours because the sala was completely full. Got nice sunburn too. LOL.

I am incredibly happy right. Good luck to all and a special blessing to my fellow Juarez petitioners!

11904741_10153602564385350_7725425958239

Congratulations to you both, Elguapo!

Timeline

PHONE CALL RETURNED BY A SUPERVISOR - ASKED ME IF I HAD EVER RECEIVED AN RFE - REPLY - NO! - DATED APRIL 30TH HE SAID, BUT IT WAS NEVER SENT - THE LEVEL OF UNPROFESSIONALISM BLOWS MY F@#%$ING MIND - NOT SO MUCH AS AN APOLOGY, ONLY THAT I WILL BE RECEIVING AN EMAIL AND/OR HARDCOPY ON OR BEFORE 9/25 WITH AN UPDATED STATUS. :bonk::bonk: :bonk: :bonk:

Sorry to read this ordeal you have gone through, Rush hour. Hope they get their act together soon about your file!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Congrats to everyone approved so far :)

I called NVC almost 2 weeks ago, they said they sent the case to the consulate on September 2nd..

packet 3 nowhere to be seen yet, contacted the consulate today since I have all the documents ready to send back. They told me they haven't received the physical file yet and that I have to wait till they send the letter to me. :sleepy:

I know I'm being impatient, I just want to schedule my interview appointment already, since my fiance had to put in his leave form weeks ago. All I can hope for now is that I can pick a date within that week now :(

I'ts nerve wracking!!

Edited by Myrie

Met in person: September 2013 :blush:

Started dating: November 2014 :wub:

Proposal: February 2015 (L)

Sent I-129F: March 2015 :luv:

NOA1 Date: 04/03/15 :dancing:

NOA2 Date: 08/10/15 :dance:

Package 3 received: 09/16/15 :idea:

Package 3 sent back: 09/21/15 :yes:

Medical completed: 09/22/15 :thumbs:

Package 4....?

Interview....? :clock:

Welcome JeffandTanya and N and S!

I know the feeling of frustration and helpless..

It doesn't need to be very formal like I heard (most of them are filipinos)

I dressed casual, like I always do, done a little bit of make up to look sharp, smile, be confident, and that was it!

event.png

USCIS:
2015-09-08: Received package of affidavit of support, sent by UPS from Roland to Argentina

My AOS Journey

2015-11-23: Called SSA after four weeks mark. They re-send the forms because it was the wrong one.
2016-01-12: Visit SSA and been told that there was a mail sent to me according the situation. Received it later in the afternoon.

USCIS:

2016-01-19: Biometrics appointment @ Dover, DE. (Successful! Took only 10 mins.)

2016-02-02: RFIE hardcopy mail received. (I864 form needed to be corrected + additional documentation)

We received our case number today! Off to the bank to pay the visa fees... ohh it's crunch time! Hehe :) :)

-Rosie

Good news!!! :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OMFG! I JUST GOT THE MOST IDIOTIC EMAIL FROM USCIS - IT SAYS THAT "I" CONTACTED USCIS ABOUT NON RECEIPT OF AN RFE. HOW THE F@#$@K WOULD I KNOW IF THERE WAS AN RFE IF I DIDNT GET A NOTIFICATION. AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, I CHECKED THE CASE STATUS ONLINE AND NOW THERE AEW 3 ADDITIONAL ENTRIES. ONE DATED YESTERYDAY SAYING THAT "MY" REQUEST WAS ASSIGNED TO AN OFFICER/AGENT FOR A RESPONSE, SECOND THAT THE OFFICER/AGENT RESPONDED, AND THIRD THAT THE REQUEST HAD BEEN CLOSED. #######. THE E-MAIL ALSO SAID THE APPLICATION WAS STILL PENDING CONSIDERATION. REALLY??? :bonk::bonk: :bonk:

OMFG! I JUST GOT THE MOST IDIOTIC EMAIL FROM USCIS - IT SAYS THAT "I" CONTACTED USCIS ABOUT NON RECEIPT OF AN RFE. HOW THE F@#$@K WOULD I KNOW IF THERE WAS AN RFE IF I DIDNT GET A NOTIFICATION. AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE, I CHECKED THE CASE STATUS ONLINE AND NOW THERE AEW 3 ADDITIONAL ENTRIES. ONE DATED YESTERYDAY SAYING THAT "MY" REQUEST WAS ASSIGNED TO AN OFFICER/AGENT FOR A RESPONSE, SECOND THAT THE OFFICER/AGENT RESPONDED, AND THIRD THAT THE REQUEST HAD BEEN CLOSED. #######. THE E-MAIL ALSO SAID THE APPLICATION WAS STILL PENDING CONSIDERATION. REALLY??? :bonk::bonk: :bonk:

That is really awful Rush Hour!!!

event.png

USCIS:

My AOS Journey

USCIS:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Rush, schedule the infopass, it should clear things up.

I'm in Kiev now, did medical yesterday and will leave for the interview in 10 minutes! Little nervous, hope all goes well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.