dr_medovet

April 2015 I-130 Filers

962 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Are you eligible for EP? We are... trying to decide if we go that route or not.

No. We are not eligible for EP.

Edited by marymon

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on submitting additional evidence. I just returned from a trip home to see my husband for his birthday last week. I have some new pics, new chat logs since we filed in April. I changed my name on my passport. We have a joint credit card and cellphone account now. I should note that I'm 18 years older than my husband (you really couldnt tell by looking at us) and, we had a very short courtship. I attached a recent photo of myself to show I'm not just some older woman trying convince myself I look younger! In fact, my ex husband of 12 years was also significantly younger (we were both USC).

In any case, I'm worried about the age difference as a red flag, particularly since I'm a woman with a younger man. Is it worth sending in the additional information now? We send in chat logs, phone and Skype logs, wedding photos and honeymoon photos with our application. Thoughts?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on submitting additional evidence. I just returned from a trip home to see my husband for his birthday last week. I have some new pics, new chat logs since we filed in April. I changed my name on my passport. We have a joint credit card and cellphone account now. I should note that I'm 18 years older than my husband (you really couldnt tell by looking at us) and, we had a very short courtship. I attached a recent photo of myself to show I'm not just some older woman trying convince myself I look younger! In fact, my ex husband of 12 years was also significantly younger (we were both USC).

In any case, I'm worried about the age difference as a red flag, particularly since I'm a woman with a younger man. Is it worth sending in the additional information now? We send in chat logs, phone and Skype logs, wedding photos and honeymoon photos with our application. Thoughts?

When you get to the interview stage, you may want to submit updated chat logs to include conversations you both have had since you initially filed your I-130. Also if you've seen each other since filing the I-130 I would include those vacation pictures as well, flight itinerary, etc.

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened....08/22/17
I-751 Packet Sent..............08/23/17
NOA1 Dated.......................08/25/17
NOA1 Mailed......................08/30/17
NOA1 Received..................09/02/17
Check Cashed....................08/31/17
Biometrics Mailed...............09/20/17
Biometrics Received..........09/22/17
Biometrics Appointment.....10/03/17
Approved............................09/24/18

N400 Timeline

90 Day Window Opens...........08/22/18

N-400 Filed (Online)...............08/23/18

Receipt Notice.......................08/24/18

Biometrics Letter Rcvd..........08/31/18

Biometrics Appointment.......09/21/18

In Line For Interview.............05/23/19

Interview Letter Rcvd............05/24/19

Interview................................07/01/19

Oath.......................................07/17/19

When you get to the interview stage, you may want to submit updated chat logs to include conversations you both have had since you initially filed your I-130. Also if you've seen each other since filing the I-130 I would include those vacation pictures as well, flight itinerary, etc.

Yes, I just returned from visiting my husband this week. I went to see him for his birthday.

I'd wait. If they need more then you can submit when you get an RFE. Otherwise, have it for the interview. You might need to update the fact that you've changed your name on your passport though. Not sure if need to do now or can wait until you get to NVC.

IR1 Visa

Service Center: CSC

Marriage: 2011/09/24

Baby girl: 2012/12/31

I-130 Sent: 2015/04/08 - USC filing from abroad

NOA 1: 2015/04/10

NOA 2: 2015/05/20 - 40 days!!

NVC Received: 2015/06/05

Case number assigned: 2015/06/17

Submitted DS-261: 2015/07/05

Paid AOS fee: 2015/07/10

Paid IV fee: 2015/07/27

Submitted via email AOS and IV packets: 2015/07/27

Checklist: 2015/08/05 - for DS-260 was having website difficulties and didn't realise they would review our case in 11 days.

Submitted DS-260: 2015/08/07

Supervisor Review: 2015/09/14 - 38 days after submitted DS-260 and still waiting

Checklist/Email from Supervisor?: 2015/09/18 - for missing police certificate, even though we were suppose to submit directly to the Australian consulate. Emailed them as requested stating that info and called stating that info was told to wait another 30 days for them to respond?!?!?!?! :ranting: At least now I'm in direct email communication with a someone.

Case Complete!! - 2015/09/22 - 110 days

I'd wait. If they need more then you can submit when you get an RFE. Otherwise, have it for the interview. You might need to update the fact that you've changed your name on your passport though. Not sure if need to do now or can wait until you get to NVC.

Thank You!

Hello Everyone! Hope all is well. I was wondering if someone can explain what happen after approval. I understand that the application is transferred to NVC for further processing, but what forms do you have to submit them. I did some research about AOS but I didn't come away with a good sense of what to do next. For example, does my spouse (or me) have to fill out an I 486 at that point. Does he get his medical done then or at the local consular stage. Will I have to submit more evidence of bona fide marriage then? Will they ask us to resubmit all of the same paperwork submitted with I 130? What are the fees? A link to all of the info would be appreciated too!

Just trying to get prepared for what coming up.

Thanks in advance. I'm clueless!

Hello Everyone! Hope all is well. I was wondering if someone can explain what happen after approval. I understand that the application is transferred to NVC for further processing, but what forms do you have to submit them. I did some research about AOS but I didn't come away with a good sense of what to do next. For example, does my spouse (or me) have to fill out an I 486 at that point. Does he get his medical done then or at the local consular stage. Will I have to submit more evidence of bona fide marriage then? Will they ask us to resubmit all of the same paperwork submitted with I 130? What are the fees? A link to all of the info would be appreciated too!

Just trying to get prepared for what coming up.

Thanks in advance. I'm clueless!

If you get an IR1/CR1 you don't need to go through the AOS process.

IR1 Visa

Checklist: 2015/08/05 - for DS-260 was having website difficulties and didn't realise they would review our case in 11 days.

Supervisor Review: 2015/09/14 - 38 days after submitted DS-260 and still waiting

Checklist/Email from Supervisor?: 2015/09/18 - for missing police certificate, even though we were suppose to submit directly to the Australian consulate. Emailed them as requested stating that info and called stating that info was told to wait another 30 days for them to respond?!?!?!?! :ranting: At least now I'm in direct email communication with a someone.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm confused! Thought AOS referred to Adjustment of Status?

From everything I've read about the NVC process (and how people talk about it on the forums here) AOS refers to affidavit of support.

Edited by rkyuu

IR1/CR1 visa

4/17/15- 1-130 sent

4/23/15- NOA1

5/21/15- NOA2

6/05/15- NVC received case

6/18/15- received case number

7/06/15- completed DS-261 and paid AOS fee

7/23/15- AOS and IV packages sent

7/27/15- IV fee paid, document scan date

8/05/15- completed DS-260

8/15/15- CASE COMPLETE!!

9/28/15- interview at Tokyo embassy- APPROVED

I think AOS can be used for both terms. I assumed adjustment of status because he was talking about an i486, which I assumed was a mistype for i485, the adjustment of status form. And since it says on his profile, he's applying for a K3 visa and he'd have to fill out the i485 if he went that route....

IR1 Visa

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.