dr_medovet

April 2015 I-130 Filers

962 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline
04-25-16:

We Flew in from Tijuana on Volaris direct flight. We arrived at the airport at 0730 pm and before picking up our baggage Clinica Medica Internacional has a booth inside the arrival area of the airport and checked us in for tomorrows medical exam then we took a shuttle to Hotel Lucerna. We liked Lucerna because they have them in Mexicali and Tijuana and we've always been treated well and the best thing was the breakfast buffet was already included as well as shuttle transportation to the medical exam and appointment interview. (Lucerna is one of the few 4 star hotel in all of Juarez and is 20 minutes away from the consulate)

04-26-16:

We got up got ready had breakfast at the buffet. The hotel shuttle drove us to the Medical exam at Clinica Medica Internacional. We checked and waited to be called. They have a lot chairs and they move along each chair so it's almost like playing musical chairs all along. The first building is the main one there you wait for your family member(s). If you are going to the medical exam and accompanied someone have a lot of patience its going to take several hours 5-6. One's everyone is done in the first building they send you to the second building across the way. There there they will perform lab work, x-ray,vaccines and general medical exam. At the end we paid 280 dlls some people pay less other more.

04-27-16:

We arrived at the consulate at 0930 am. The appt was at 0945. I waited outside for my wife and met numerous ppl from different parts of the country and we shared our stories it helped made time pass, but we were all soo anxious waiting for our love one's. My wife finally cam out around 2 pm. She was asked about how we met, how many kids we have and were our kids where born and who they live with and if my parents were legal residents after that she was told congratulations your visa is approved. She was not asked for any papers. Her interview took two minutes the rest was just waiting in line for her turn. We flew back to Tijuana that evening at 6 pm and are waiting DHL to deliver the visa.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
04-25-16:
We Flew in from Tijuana on Volaris direct flight. We arrived at the airport at 0730 pm and before picking up our baggage Clinica Medica Internacional has a booth inside the arrival area of the airport and checked us in for tomorrows medical exam then we took a shuttle to Hotel Lucerna. We liked Lucerna because they have them in Mexicali and Tijuana and we've always been treated well and the best thing was the breakfast buffet was already included as well as shuttle transportation to the medical exam and appointment interview. (Lucerna is one of the few 4 star hotel in all of Juarez and is 20 minutes away from the consulate)
04-26-16:
We got up got ready had breakfast at the buffet. The hotel shuttle drove us to the Medical exam at Clinica Medica Internacional. We checked and waited to be called. They have a lot chairs and they move along each chair so it's almost like playing musical chairs all along. The first building is the main one there you wait for your family member(s). If you are going to the medical exam and accompanied someone have a lot of patience its going to take several hours 5-6. One's everyone is done in the first building they send you to the second building across the way. There there they will perform lab work, x-ray,vaccines and general medical exam. At the end we paid 280 dlls some people pay less other more.
04-27-16:
We arrived at the consulate at 0930 am. The appt was at 0945. I waited outside for my wife and met numerous ppl from different parts of the country and we shared our stories it helped made time pass, but we were all soo anxious waiting for our love one's. My wife finally cam out around 2 pm. She was asked about how we met, how many kids we have and were our kids where born and who they live with and if my parents were legal residents after that she was told congratulations your visa is approved. She was not asked for any papers. Her interview took two minutes the rest was just waiting in line for her turn. We flew back to Tijuana that evening at 6 pm and are waiting DHL to deliver the visa.

Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.