dr_medovet

April 2015 I-130 Filers

962 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thank you, do you know appropriately how much time will it take now?

Thank you, do you know appropriately how much time will it take now?

Congratulations on your approval.

They say it takes around 2 weeks to get transferred to NVC but it depends.

For some cases NVC receives within a week or so and for some it takes long.

Mine was transferred very late ....approved on sep 10 ....transferred to NVC on oct 2 and NVC received it on oct 9.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Anyone got scheduled for an interview as yet????

They email me saying they received the supporting documents and i should wait 30 days. Just want to know if anyone got consular interview date before the 30 days waiting period

Congratulations on your approval.

They say it takes around 2 weeks to get transferred to NVC but it depends.

For some cases NVC receives within a week or so and for some it takes long.

Mine was transferred very late ....approved on sep 10 ....transferred to NVC on oct 2 and NVC received it on oct 9.

do we get email when nvc receives it?

USCIS I-130 Petition

I-130 Sent:........................................04/24/15
I-130 Packet Recv'd:........................04/27/15

I-130 NOA 1:....................................04/29/15
I-130 NOA 2:................................... 11/20/15
I-130 NOA 2 Hardcopy Recv'd: ......11/25/15

I-130 Petition Sent to NVC:.............12/01/15

NVC

They email me saying they received the supporting documents and i should wait 30 days. Just want to know if anyone got consular interview date before the 30 days waiting period

Haven't seen any April filer with an interview date yet. I just sent in my documents. Wondering how long before you got the email?

Somewhere on VJ someone had a spreadsheet with scan dates and CCs and, it looked like the average was about 25 days. The earliest was 16 (expedited) and 21 (unexpedited).

This 30 day wait is for document approval. You might get lucky and it takes less time or it could take more. Not sure if Christmas will slow things down a bit. Once you get approval, then you're waiting for an interview.. So if you get approval in Dec, depending on your consulate, the earliest likely scenario is you're told in Jan about an interview for Feb. If your consulate is busy, it could take longer. If they aren't busy it could be scheduled immediately but that's rare.

IR1 Visa

Service Center: CSC

Marriage: 2011/09/24

Baby girl: 2012/12/31

I-130 Sent: 2015/04/08 - USC filing from abroad

NOA 1: 2015/04/10

NOA 2: 2015/05/20 - 40 days!!

NVC Received: 2015/06/05

Case number assigned: 2015/06/17

Submitted DS-261: 2015/07/05

Paid AOS fee: 2015/07/10

Paid IV fee: 2015/07/27

Submitted via email AOS and IV packets: 2015/07/27

Checklist: 2015/08/05 - for DS-260 was having website difficulties and didn't realise they would review our case in 11 days.

Submitted DS-260: 2015/08/07

Supervisor Review: 2015/09/14 - 38 days after submitted DS-260 and still waiting

Checklist/Email from Supervisor?: 2015/09/18 - for missing police certificate, even though we were suppose to submit directly to the Australian consulate. Emailed them as requested stating that info and called stating that info was told to wait another 30 days for them to respond?!?!?!?! :ranting: At least now I'm in direct email communication with a someone.

Case Complete!! - 2015/09/22 - 110 days

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Haven't seen any April filer with an interview date yet. I just sent in my documents. Wondering how long before you got the email?

Somewhere on VJ someone had a spreadsheet with scan dates and CCs and, it looked like the average was about 25 days. The earliest was 16 (expedited) and 21 (unexpedited).

We did request an expedite so i'm hoping. It took 2 days after notification from ups that it was delivered for them to send the email of receipt and this was from November 17.

Edited by booga-boo

We did request an expedite so i'm hoping. It took 2 days after notification from ups that it was delivered for them to send the email of receipt and this was from November 17.

Thank you for the info. We wish you all the best.

I've heard some people mention an expedited process? How do you go about requesting this and does it help?

We just paid the fees and are waiting for the DS-260 to open up so that we can put in the application. They took a really long time transfering everything as our petition was approved on October 9th and we didn't receive the NVC case number and invoice number until November 17th!

Also, does anyone know if you have to wait until the DS-260 has been submitted before mailing the supporting documents? Or could we send them in now? Just trying to figure out how to get this thing moving faster. My husband's interview will be at the London consulate and I know it's quite busy so hoping we don't have to wait too long for the interview.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I've heard some people mention an expedited process? How do you go about requesting this and does it help?

We just paid the fees and are waiting for the DS-260 to open up so that we can put in the application. They took a really long time transfering everything as our petition was approved on October 9th and we didn't receive the NVC case number and invoice number until November 17th!

Also, does anyone know if you have to wait until the DS-260 has been submitted before mailing the supporting documents? Or could we send them in now? Just trying to figure out how to get this thing moving faster. My husband's interview will be at the London consulate and I know it's quite busy so hoping we don't have to wait too long for the interview.

Thanks!

The thing is that expedited is very hard to get.There needs to be a serious illness involved or the petitioner coming from a country that is in an emergency (war,extreme weather phenomena) like the Philippines. I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but don't rely much on it.

Also,people, research before each step!It breaks my heart when people get delayed because they didn't look up enough!It happened to me at first too.It didn't take them that long to get your case to NVC.Here's what happened.

Many people and I have plenty of times posted the link with all the info you need for the NVC process.After your case is sent to them,YOU SHOULD NOT WAIT FOR THEM TO CONTACT YOU.You need to keep calling and ask for info on your case.Our case was received about 4 days after we sent it and case # was assigned 10 days after that...When did we get the email/mail?1 month later when we had already submitted forms and paid fees.Do not rely on them to give you info,ask for it.

For example,they received our paperwork about 10 days ago.I won't wait 30.I will start calling next week.

At least this is what worked for us before.

Thanks!

As far as submitting documents is concerned I would suggest you do it relatively close to when you submit the ds-260.Either a couple days before or after.

I-130 Sent : 2015-04-06
I-130 NOA1 : 2015-04-09
I-130 RFE : 2015-08-22
I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-09-19
I-130 Approved : 2015-09-28
NVC Received : 2015-10-09
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-10-27
Pay AOS Bill : 2015-11-04
Send AOS Package : 2015-11-24
Submit DS-261 : 2015-10-27
Receive IV Bill : 2015-11-10
Pay IV Bill : 2015-11-10
Send IV Package : 2015-11-24
Scan Date 2015-11-27
Case Completed at NVC : 2016-01-06
Interview Date : 2016-02-03

Thanks! The unfortunate thing is that we did call over and over again. we only took a break from calling from nov 14th to the 22nd because we were out on vacation. I kept thinking it would happen any time now because many people on here got there case number so quickly after it was received by the NVC but we just didn't have the same luck. the next steps do seem to be moving somewhat quicker though.

We'll take your advice about sending the documents and hopefully we'll hear about an interview relatively soon. This whole process is absolutely absurd.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

:(

I just learned from my father in law that we aren't even assigned a case number yet. He filed on march 31st, 2015 so its been 9 months. I thought we'd be closer to the final steps at this stage.

My wife is the petitioner who is now back with me and she might have to go back.

What are our options to request a case number or ask someone to take a look at our file to see why we haven't been assigned a case number? What office / phone number should we call?

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

my case is sent to nvc i am gonna call them to get my case number and if i can get my iin Number, what information they ask or need over the phone to get me my case number and iin number so i can have it ready before calling them. thx

USCIS I-130 Petition

NVC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

my case is sent to nvc i am gonna call them to get my case number and if i can get my iin Number, what information they ask or need over the phone to get me my case number and iin number so i can have it ready before calling them. thx

They just require your USCIS Receipt Number.Though sometimes they do ask for Beneficiary's name and Petitioner's Name.

They just require your USCIS Receipt Number.Though sometimes they do ask for Beneficiary's name and Petitioner's Name.

thx bro for quick reply. :)

USCIS I-130 Petition

NVC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.